FULL [Play] The Young Idea by Noel Coward - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

skypigeon wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 10:25 am
Ambsweet13 wrote: July 20th, 2020, 6:21 pm
skypigeon wrote: July 13th, 2020, 6:10 pm Hirum J. Walkin, Take Two:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramwilkins_3_128kb.mp3

Had some trouble with level control at the end; think I've fixed it but let me know if you need a redo. Thanks!
Great job with Hiram. Just a couple of notes.

At 3:35, missed a line, "She told you that I-we-we're going to be married"

At 7:04, the NO's on the last line seem a little squeaky or something, like the microphone picked something up weird. Can you please rerecord this line?

Finnally, the file name says hiramwilkins, when you upload with the edits can you can put it as hiramjwalkin.

Great job! Thank you!!!
You're too kind, A.M.B., thank you :clap:
Edits made. I redid the entire "NO! Thank you very much... NO!!" at the end for consistency's sake.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_hiramjwalkin_3_128kb.mp3
PL-OK now, thank you!!!
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_[maria]_[3]_128kb.mp3 time 3:22

Hello, it honestly has been awhile since I read a part for a play. I am not certain of the actual []'s being necessary & I did leave space between the phrases though please do let me know what I may need to edit and I will.
April
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

adr6090 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 4:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_[maria]_[3]_128kb.mp3 time 3:22

Hello, it honestly has been awhile since I read a part for a play. I am not certain of the actual []'s being necessary & I did leave space between the phrases though please do let me know what I may need to edit and I will.
Thank you for your section! I will PL it shortly. The actual []'s are not necessary and most people don't put them, but if you use them its not a problem. Thank you for leaving space between the lines, makes it much easier to edit.

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Clairvoyant94 wrote: June 15th, 2020, 10:28 am Cicely Act 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_[cicely]_[1]_128kb.mp3 (08:03)
Cicely Act 2: https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_[cicely]_[2]_128kb.mp3 (07:26)

(dlolso21 is the MC, right? You might want to add it to the OP; it currently says yy-yyyy. :) )
Sorry to do this to you, but this was originally marked PL-ok by my DPL but as I have been editing the first Act, I found a missing line.
Act 1 p. 11 of the text- "Tell him that I have decided not to go, after all".

Dont worry about adding it to your original file, just upload it under a new file name, something like, youngidea_cicelyline_1_128kb.mp3

I listened to the rest of Act 1 and Act 2 just to make sure there was nothing else missing and they are all still PL-OK

Thank you so much in advance!

Clairvoyant94

Post by Clairvoyant94 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 7:15 pmSorry to do this to you, but this was originally marked PL-ok by my DPL but as I have been editing the first Act, I found a missing line.

Dont worry about adding it to your original file, just upload it under a new file name, something like, youngidea_cicelyline_1_128kb.mp3

I listened to the rest of Act 1 and Act 2 just to make sure there was nothing else missing and they are all still PL-OK

Oh no, I am really sorry about that! :( I hope this is okay:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_cicelyline_1_128kb.mp3
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 1:20 pm
adr6090 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 4:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_[maria]_[3]_128kb.mp3 time 3:22

Thank you for your section! I will PL it shortly. The actual []'s are not necessary and most people don't put them, but if you use them its not a problem. Thank you for leaving space between the lines, makes it much easier to edit.
:wink:
April
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Clairvoyant94 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 8:44 pm
Ambsweet13 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 7:15 pmSorry to do this to you, but this was originally marked PL-ok by my DPL but as I have been editing the first Act, I found a missing line.

Oh no, I am really sorry about that! :( I hope this is okay:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/youngidea_cicelyline_1_128kb.mp3
Thank you!

superk

Post by superk »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 6:37 am
ToddHW wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 5:55 am
superk wrote: July 21st, 2020, 4:56 pm Sorry about my absence. I will no longer be your DPL as I’ve demonstrated my inactivity. However, I did PL the stage directions for Act 2 and 3.

Act 2

9:00 - “George, center” is said twice in a row, and then you say “George, center, far away.” Is this intentional?
11:18 - “George, carried away” is followed by a long pause

Act 3

6:05 - “Enter Sholto and Gerda, [unintelligible] window right...”
No changes to Act 2
Act 2 @ 9:00 - that is what the script says on p33
Act 2 @ 11:18 - I figure gaps will get adjusted as the other parts are edited in. Gaps are all different sizes at this point

No changes to Act 3
Act 3 @ 6:07 - Seems pretty clearly to be the intended "Enter Sholto and Gerda, a little breathlessly, window right..." I can rerecord if you want it slower or something

Thanks, Todd
Please wait to do anything about the PL notes for the time being. Not sure if superk PLed while looking at the script and I want to clear that up before you fix anything.
I did not look at the source text. I can PL it again while reading it. Is it just the link that’s right above the Magic window?
superk

Post by superk »

Ok, so I re-PL’d the stage directions for Act 2 and 3 while reading from the source text.

7:13 “Both shake [her] hands.” You’re missing the her. It’s a bit of a nitpick but I believe it changes the intended meaning of the stage direction.

9:56 You missed the direction “Bus.”

Act 3

6:05 Again with the unintelligible “a little breathlessly.” I could understand it with the text beside me but I just couldn’t the first time without the text. It might just be me, but I would recommend doing it slower.

15:02 You missed a stage direction for “Bus” again.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

If you're still looking for a butler, I'd be glad to stand in.
~ Larry
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

silverquill wrote: July 25th, 2020, 7:22 am If you're still looking for a butler, I'd be glad to stand in.
Thank you! That would be great!

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

superk wrote: July 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm Ok, so I re-PL’d the stage directions for Act 2 and 3 while reading from the source text.

7:13 “Both shake [her] hands.” You’re missing the her. It’s a bit of a nitpick but I believe it changes the intended meaning of the stage direction.

Act 3

6:05 Again with the unintelligible “a little breathlessly.” I could understand it with the text beside me but I just couldn’t the first time without the text. It might just be me, but I would recommend doing it slower.

The Buses aren’t nessacary, however I agree with superk about the other two notes so if you could fix those that would be great!

Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

PL-OK! Great job! :D

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:40 am
superk wrote: July 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm Ok, so I re-PL’d the stage directions for Act 2 and 3 while reading from the source text.

Act 3

The Buses aren’t nessacary, however I agree with superk about the other two notes so if you could fix those that would be great!
Both Acts 2 and 3 directions fixed and uploaded for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 1:45 pm

PL-OK! Great job! :D
Thank you!
April