COMPLETE Poems by Speranza, by Lady Jane Francesca Wilde-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
cadastra
Posts: 746
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » July 20th, 2020, 10:09 am

OooThatsNifty wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:39 am
julianpratley wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 1:08 am
You got it!
Thanks! Here's my first pass at it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_68_wilde_128kb.mp3
Length: 8:19

Let me know if anything needs an edit!
Section 68 sounds great! Just one PL note... could you add the poem's subtitle ("From the Danish") after the disclaimer, before you start reading the poem itself? You can insert it around 0:07-0:08. Thanks!

OooThatsNifty
Posts: 233
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » July 20th, 2020, 12:51 pm

cadastra wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:09 am
OooThatsNifty wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:39 am
julianpratley wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 1:08 am
You got it!
Thanks! Here's my first pass at it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_68_wilde_128kb.mp3
Length: 8:19

Let me know if anything needs an edit!
Section 68 sounds great! Just one PL note... could you add the poem's subtitle ("From the Danish") after the disclaimer, before you start reading the poem itself? You can insert it around 0:07-0:08. Thanks!
Whoops! Thanks for catching that - here's the updated version.

New time is 8:21.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_68_wilde_128kb.mp3
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

cadastra
Posts: 746
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » July 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm

OooThatsNifty wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 12:51 pm
cadastra wrote:
July 20th, 2020, 10:09 am
OooThatsNifty wrote:
July 19th, 2020, 8:39 am


Thanks! Here's my first pass at it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_68_wilde_128kb.mp3
Length: 8:19

Let me know if anything needs an edit!
Section 68 sounds great! Just one PL note... could you add the poem's subtitle ("From the Danish") after the disclaimer, before you start reading the poem itself? You can insert it around 0:07-0:08. Thanks!
Whoops! Thanks for catching that - here's the updated version.

New time is 8:21.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_68_wilde_128kb.mp3
Perfect now!

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 20th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Thanks all!

Cadastra, you must have better headphones than me or something because I don't hear any buzzing. I've updated 84 - will get to 27 later this week.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

alanmapstone
Posts: 2001
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 21st, 2020, 3:50 am

Section 71 - The Ideal

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
5:31

I think that is the last section, all done :clap:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 21st, 2020, 3:28 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 3:50 am
Section 71 - The Ideal

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
5:31

I think that is the last section, all done :clap:
Thanks Alan :D
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 22nd, 2020, 6:11 pm

27 has also been updated
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

cadastra
Posts: 746
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » July 23rd, 2020, 10:33 am

alanmapstone wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 3:50 am
Section 71 - The Ideal

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
5:31

I think that is the last section, all done :clap:
PL notes:

Great reading! Did you, by any chance, record this poem in multiple sessions or pause the recording at all during your session? There is a noticeable buzz in the background of the recording, although only in certain sections, not throughout the entire recording. I did listen with my Bose headphones and also compared Section 71 with other recordings you have submitted for this project. I did not notice the buzz in other recordings... so perhaps you might have forgotten a step in post-processing for this recording?

alanmapstone
Posts: 2001
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 23rd, 2020, 11:43 pm

cadastra wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:33 am
alanmapstone wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 3:50 am
Section 71 - The Ideal
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
PL notes:
Great reading! Did you, by any chance, record this poem in multiple sessions or pause the recording at all during your session? There is a noticeable buzz in the background of the recording, although only in certain sections, not throughout the entire recording. I did listen with my Bose headphones and also compared Section 71 with other recordings you have submitted for this project. I did not notice the buzz in other recordings... so perhaps you might have forgotten a step in post-processing for this recording?
I think this may be a microphone problem. I may need to record it again once the technical issue is fixed. If you don't want to delay the completion of the project, it may be quicker to get someone else to do it.
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 24th, 2020, 3:35 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 11:43 pm
cadastra wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:33 am
alanmapstone wrote:
July 21st, 2020, 3:50 am
Section 71 - The Ideal
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
PL notes:
Great reading! Did you, by any chance, record this poem in multiple sessions or pause the recording at all during your session? There is a noticeable buzz in the background of the recording, although only in certain sections, not throughout the entire recording. I did listen with my Bose headphones and also compared Section 71 with other recordings you have submitted for this project. I did not notice the buzz in other recordings... so perhaps you might have forgotten a step in post-processing for this recording?
I think this may be a microphone problem. I may need to record it again once the technical issue is fixed. If you don't want to delay the completion of the project, it may be quicker to get someone else to do it.
There's no hurry :)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

alanmapstone
Posts: 2001
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 26th, 2020, 1:44 am

Hi Julian
Before recording this again I have tried doing some heavier noise cleaning on the existing file (below). Could someone check if this has removed the background noise. I cannot really do this myself as my hearing is deteriorating with age and I can no longer hear high frequencies.
If this is still no good I will record it again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 26th, 2020, 3:42 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 1:44 am
Hi Julian
Before recording this again I have tried doing some heavier noise cleaning on the existing file (below). Could someone check if this has removed the background noise. I cannot really do this myself as my hearing is deteriorating with age and I can no longer hear high frequencies.
If this is still no good I will record it again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poems_71_wilde_128kb.mp3
I didn't hear the original file but this one sounds fine to me, so I'll mark it as PL OK :)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

julianpratley
Posts: 611
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » July 26th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Which means that this book is fully recorded! Huge thanks to all the fantastic readers, MaryAnn for MCing, and especially to cadastra for PLing all 93 of the poems :clap: :clap:
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15958
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » July 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/poems-by-lady-jane-francesca-wilde/

cadastra
Posts: 746
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » July 27th, 2020, 11:36 am

Congrats, everyone!

Post Reply