COMPLETE[PLAY]Sweethearts by W. S. Gilbert - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Kitty wrote: July 21st, 2020, 4:36 am yes you were :thumbs: the voice sounds a little bit deeper in the second act, but what's more important, you speak more composedly, quieter and that gives you an older air compared to the more sprightly, uncaring, slightly petulant voice in the first act. It's excellently done. I'm happy we have two such great voice talents to carry the bulk of the dialogue in this play. :9:

Act 2 is already PL ok.

One small note for act 1 though:

> at 6:26: (p. 94) missed line: "I must interrupt you for a moment, Wilcox."

thank you so much !

Sonia
Oh I'm glad to hear that! Thank you :9:

Here is the missing line (though I cannot figure out why I missed it since it is attached to another line :lol:):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sweethearts_jenny_1_128kb.mp3

And just a fun tidbit for everyone, I am DPLing a book about the theater and in Chapter 1 Sweethearts is mentioned. I thought it was neat.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jennlea wrote: July 21st, 2020, 5:30 amHere is the missing line (though I cannot figure out why I missed it since it is attached to another line :lol:):
yes the strangest things happen sometimes. That's why a DPL is so important :mrgreen:

It's all PL ok now ! Thanks
And just a fun tidbit for everyone, I am DPLing a book about the theater and in Chapter 1 Sweethearts is mentioned. I thought it was neat.
so cool ! yes I love it when I hear about the books I am involved with in other areas as well. Sometimes I have the strangest knowledge about old and mouldy PD books nowadays, just because of LV :lol: People look at me funnily when I come up with references nobody knows anymore.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wilcox in MW. Oops - I need to listen to Ruth!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: July 19th, 2020, 4:40 am here is emotional maid Ruth:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sweethearts_ruth_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:17 min.

Sonia
Got confused with the Ruth you are in Sweet Lavender. But find you again at last. PL OK!

(Shame Wilcox and Ruth didn't get to interact.)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 21st, 2020, 10:59 am(Shame Wilcox and Ruth didn't get to interact.)
they are some twenty years apart I'm afraid. Unless Wilcox finds a time-travelling machine ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 21st, 2020, 7:54 amWilcox in MW. Oops - I need to listen to Ruth!
I am not sure whether Wilcox purposefully tries to egg Jenny on to refuse the suitors... he doesn't strike me too sympathetic to the cause of love :lol: But excellently done, Todd, and all PL ok.

thank you. Wow now only the stage directions missing and then this play is done already. That was ultra fast :shock:

Sonia
MichaelMaggs

Post by MichaelMaggs »

Huh, I go away for a few days and when I get back I find you've all finished your parts really fast and are sitting there waiting for me to catch up. :wink:

Anyway, here are the stage directions for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sweethearts_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 8.27
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sweethearts_narrator_2_128kb.mp3 @ 5.22
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MichaelMaggs wrote: July 28th, 2020, 8:12 amHuh, I go away for a few days and when I get back I find you've all finished your parts really fast and are sitting there waiting for me to catch up. :wink:
wohooo, thank you Michael, and both acts are perfectly narrated and PL ok. Yes it's unusual that the stage directions are the last to come in, but it has happened on occasions. And here we only had a handful of roles anyway. But perfect, now Todd can finalize this little gem.

Thank you so much. And I hope your little trip was refreshing

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I will start to edit.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

All assembled. One more pass before I release for PL....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

What a sad tale, or at least bittersweet. Not sure I like an age I can not remember from my past being being portrayed as old and dottering enough that the guy can't even keep his supposed sweetheart's name straight throughout act 2!

But my only complaint is with Mr. Gilbert. For it is wonderfully performed by you all. Thanks!

All ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes a wonderfully sad story, but there is hope in the end. Maybe they'll spend the evening of their life together, why not ? Of course if they had made up their minds years ago, the house would now belong to them and not Mr Baybrooke :lol:

Excellently performed and assembled. :clap: All PL ok and ready for the catalogue ! Yay

Thank you all

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging - waiting for Archive to derive all the different file formats.....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on the catalog page: https://librivox.org/sweethearts-by-w-s-gilbert-2/

Thanks, Todd