COMPLETE: Lives of the Most Eminent Painters, Sculptors and Architects Vol 7 by Giorgio Vasari-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Sec 7, Baccio the braggadocio, has been added to the MW.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 11th, 2020, 7:24 am Section 5 is ready for PL
You lucky thing, get to hear me massacre the Italian language (poem at end) :roll:
Section 5 is PL OK. Your Italian sounds great to me, but take that with a grain of salt, as I don't speak the language. :lol: I did notice there are a lot of mouse clicks during the poem. I'm going to leave it up to you whether or not you want to edit these out, as there are a lot of them and they are relatively quiet (but still noticeable).
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Thank you for listening. I definitely want you to use a higher standard for my recordings and really don't want to have any clicks, bumps or other sounds.

The problem is, when I went back to listen for those clicks, I didn't hear a single one! So it's confusing. And I was really listening.
Confused :hmm: :help:
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 20th, 2020, 8:30 am Thank you for listening. I definitely want you to use a higher standard for my recordings and really don't want to have any clicks, bumps or other sounds.

The problem is, when I went back to listen for those clicks, I didn't hear a single one! So it's confusing. And I was really listening.
Confused :hmm: :help:
Hmm... maybe try headphones? If you open the file in Audacity, you can actually see the clicks. For example, at 28:31... I highlighted the click in this screenshot: https://ibb.co/VDpgVZ7 Another example is 28:52 - there are multiple clicks here: https://ibb.co/5444bW2 As you can see, the clicks are pretty small, but there are a bunch of them throughout the very end of the file.
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Section 6 PL notes: Repeat at 03:20 ("among whom he chose . . . among whom he chose")

Section 7 is PL OK.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Ok, I've corrected 5 and 6.

With the poem, I went ahead and deleted the tiny marks that I saw but could not hear. I am hoping that is where you were hearing clicks with your supersonic hearing :lol: :lol:

If I haven't already told you, I do want you to use a high standard for my recordings - you can be fastidious :D
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 8 is ready for PL
Thanks
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Time: 26:20
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 9 is ready for PL. Thank you

Time: 25:02
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Glad to see this going on so fast. Rita, I was wondering, do you think you will wish to record volume 8 as well? No rush on that, I was just wondering if I should prepare it or not. Also, if you wish to record it but not t prepare it, I will be super glad to do it for you. Let me know whenever you have thought about it and decided. :)

Also, please, could you add the lengths of the recordings to the notes section in the window? That helps me check the files when cataloging. Thanks!
Leni
=================
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hi Leni
I do like this series, even though Vasari's style of writing (endless, endless, run-on sentences) leaves me gasping for breath :shock: :lol:

Yes, I'll do volume 8, if you'd be so kind as to set it up. Many thanks.

I have made a note to myself to add the time to the MW under "notes."
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 20th, 2020, 9:49 am Ok, I've corrected 5 and 6.

With the poem, I went ahead and deleted the tiny marks that I saw but could not hear. I am hoping that is where you were hearing clicks with your supersonic hearing :lol: :lol:

If I haven't already told you, I do want you to use a high standard for my recordings - you can be fastidious :D
Sections 8 and 9 are PL OK! I am always quite meticulous (sometimes to a fault :roll: ). However, you are such a talented narrator that it is quite a task to find any issues at all!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 25th, 2020, 1:19 pm Hi Leni
I do like this series, even though Vasari's style of writing (endless, endless, run-on sentences) leaves me gasping for breath :shock: :lol:

Yes, I'll do volume 8, if you'd be so kind as to set it up. Many thanks.

I have made a note to myself to add the time to the MW under "notes."
Thanks, Rita! Ok, when this one is closer to the end, I will set volume 8 up as a solo for you then.
Leni
=================
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Thank you!
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 20th, 2020, 9:49 am Ok, I've corrected 5 and 6.

I've added section 10 to the MW, and added the time to the "Notes" section as you requested.

Just wondering about 5 and 6 above: Did they fall in the cracks? Thanks sincerely.