Analysis Paralysis - Help with pre-recording questions?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

michaelb71 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:48 pm Thanks. I'm considering my first recording and looking for best practices. I find it best to ask before i start😀
Great! Someone is always about who can help. Just ask!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, you've already got your test approved, which is a great first step! I'd say from here, find something that interests you in Readers Wanted and then take it one section at a time, until you get more comfortable. You'll soon find what works for you. Almost all of our BCs have a vast amount of experience under their belt (that's Book Coordinator), and they should be able to help you along also. :)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

michaelb71 wrote: July 19th, 2020, 9:58 am When recording multiple chapters, is it best to save project by chapter and then "merge" together later, or save as a single project as I record. I use audacity. Thanks.

If you are talking about saving files in the Audacity aup format (Audacity project), I have never done this and have never seen any reason to do so. I export each file in wav or flac format and apply edits to the exported file. As a final step I convert to mp3 format.

For a large chapter or section I often break it into smaller segments and combine them in the final edit.

I don't use punch and roll myself but a lot of readers have adopted it and found it very helpful. Horses for courses.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by michaelb71 »

This was helpful. Thank you for taking the time:)