[COMPLETE]A to Zed Collection Vol. 002-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for the crow and the pitcher Ambsweet13 :thumbs:

PLOK :thumbs:

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both. MW updated.
quasimoir

Post by quasimoir »

soupy wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:34 am Thanks for The Diamond Necklace Garfield.

Sad and strange story.

PLOK :thumbs:

Craig
To me, the cruel end, somehow, had some sort of balm to soothe the character - and, as a child, I remember being relieved to reach, what seemed to me back then, its bittersweet ending. But yes, the strangeness (and the shock at the end of it all) lingered with me, which is why I remember this one way after I got done with it in school... Guy De Maupassant does tend to leave a bit of his tales with you to carry along in your portmanteau of memories...
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Silly stupid stuff dragged me away for a while... :evil:
I'll be posting "L" & "W" within a few days.
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for the heads up.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Sent PM to Horner94
22 Disputatio pro Declaratione Virtutis Indulgentiarum Horner94 18:40 Jun 08, 2020 Listen See PL notes

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

Horner says he's working on the corrections.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for checking on that, Craig.
bdanzige

Post by bdanzige »

It took some time but here is the recording for F - "follow me 'ome":
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/atozed002_06_various_128kb.mp3 02:09

The text is in the following link: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/323/323-h/323-h.htm#link2H_4_0086

bdanzige
bdanzige
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks for Follow me om by Kipling

One error noted

1:218 An' I've 'ad to find one new; But I'd give my pay -- you said find a new one - lost the rhyme

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
schrm

Post by schrm »

heyho,

not my best reading.
i gave you the wrong page in the book: https://archive.org/details/yearbookofaustri00newy/page/24/mode/2up
i started to read "alimentary and hygienic situation" and then comes "medical situation of the youth"

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/atozed002_01_various_128kb.mp3
Track Length
19:15,24 (m:ss.ss)

thx in advance for pl-ing :-)

greetings from austria!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks schrm for the article about
Austrian children after World War I from the Yearbook of Austria 1920
:thumbs:

Your reading is PLOK. However I think the title above would give listeners more understanding of what they are going to listen to and still remain in the A section of this project. Just a suggestion :D I think you did a good job reading this important article.

in spite of all these exertions, neither the Assistance of the State and the Municipality of Vienna nor private Charity can possibly triumph over the steadily increasing misery in this battle to provide the strict necessary amount of food and to rescue the youth from sickness and death.
But perhaps the most touching example of international solidarity in distress and calamity is the wide-spread action of boarding Austrian children in foreign countries. During 1919, about 40.000 Austrian children enjoyed foreign hospitality. In the first place, it was Switzerland, having sheltered, fed and clothed more than 20.000 children, Holland with almost 10.000, other countries, as Sweden, Danmark, Germany and Italy with the rest. During 1920, this work of charity developed enormously; in January, February and July, about 90.000 Austrian children stayed in foreign countries (total number till to-day 124.000), almost all of them in families. Switzerland and Holland go ahead also in 1920, followed by Danmark, Germany, Luxemburg, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Spain and Roumania (Transsylvania), finally England, Belgium and France.
Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
schrm

Post by schrm »

soupy wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:03 pm Thanks schrm for the article about
Austrian children after World War I from the Yearbook of Austria 1920
:thumbs:

Your reading is PLOK. However I think the title above would give listeners more understanding of what they are going to listen to and still remain in the A section of this project. Just a suggestion :D I think you did a good job reading this important article.

in spite of all these exertions, neither the Assistance of the State and the Municipality of Vienna nor private Charity can possibly triumph over the steadily increasing misery in this battle to provide the strict necessary amount of food and to rescue the youth from sickness and death.
But perhaps the most touching example of international solidarity in distress and calamity is the wide-spread action of boarding Austrian children in foreign countries. During 1919, about 40.000 Austrian children enjoyed foreign hospitality. In the first place, it was Switzerland, having sheltered, fed and clothed more than 20.000 children, Holland with almost 10.000, other countries, as Sweden, Danmark, Germany and Italy with the rest. During 1920, this work of charity developed enormously; in January, February and July, about 90.000 Austrian children stayed in foreign countries (total number till to-day 124.000), almost all of them in families. Switzerland and Holland go ahead also in 1920, followed by Danmark, Germany, Luxemburg, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Spain and Roumania (Transsylvania), finally England, Belgium and France.
Craig
yes, i agree!

shall i read that title, also?
or is it for the mw, only?

thank you so much for understanding :-)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

schrm wrote: July 19th, 2020, 11:23 am heyho,

not my best reading.
i gave you the wrong page in the book: https://archive.org/details/yearbookofaustri00newy/page/24/mode/2up
i started to read "alimentary and hygienic situation" and then comes "medical situation of the youth"

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/atozed002_01_various_128kb.mp3
Track Length
19:15,24 (m:ss.ss)

thx in advance for pl-ing :-)

greetings from austria!

cheers,
Thank you! Craig's suggestion for a title would be a good one, except that I can't see that that title occurs anywhere in the book. As I said to another reader some time back, I don't think we can justify making up our own titles but have to take those that come. That being said, I have entered as the section title simply "Excerpt from Yearbook of Austria 1920," which you have already read as the section title (or close enough) in your introduction and ending. I think that will be more than sufficient as is. :)
schrm

Post by schrm »

mightyfelix wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Thank you! Craig's suggestion for a title would be a good one, except that I can't see that that title occurs anywhere in the book. As I said to another reader some time back, I don't think we can justify making up our own titles but have to take those that come. That being said, I have entered as the section title simply "Excerpt from Yearbook of Austria 1920," which you have already read as the section title (or close enough) in your introduction and ending. I think that will be more than sufficient as is. :)
i see the problem, it is the a to z collection regarding the titles... :D
but craigs title would be the topic of the excerpt...

i'm fine, either way!

thx a lot for taking care and hosting this!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275