[COMPLETE]Ingersoll on WHICH WAY, from The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, Lecture 8 - ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3whichway_06_ingersoll_128kb.mp3
4:12

It took several takes for me to get through this phrase without cracking up: "caused the theologian to imagine an uncaused cause as the cause of all causes and effects."
Levine

Post by Levine »

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Sorry, guys, I haven't been getting notices on this project. I'll PL 1, 4, 6, and 10 TODAY!
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 1
Brian, thank you for kicking off, and ending, this project with two very nice contributions! Ingersoll gave quite a stirring intro, and waxed utterly utopian at the end. My, oh my! Only one note:
:26 - 13:01.5 Checker reports volume at 92.3, outside LV's range. I recommend de-amplifying -2.5 dB from :26 - 13:01.5 (Start and Finish are already compliant).

PL Notes Section 10

Again, Checker reports volume outside LV's range, at 93.5. I recommend de-amplifying -3.5 dB from :23 - end (Start is already compliant)

TIPS:
  • If you are using Audacity, select your audio, go Effects/Amplify/type in the + or - dB adjustment you want, or use the slider bar/allow clipping/ OK.
  • While visuals aren't 100% reliable, the wave form does give reasonable places where to look for adjustments.
  • And if you aren't already checking all your files with Checker, please download it here.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 4 is PL OK. Well done, as always. Thank you.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 6 is PL OK. Thank you Scarbo. Good job! Ingersoll sometimes pushes his elevated eloquence to the limit. I'm sure he thought it funny too! :lol:
Levine

Post by Levine »

msfry wrote: July 18th, 2020, 1:52 pm PL Notes Section 1
Brian, thank you for kicking off, and ending, this project with two very nice contributions! Ingersoll gave quite a stirring intro, and waxed utterly utopian at the end. My, oh my! Only one note:
:26 - 13:01.5 Checker reports volume at 92.3, outside LV's range. I recommend de-amplifying -2.5 dB from :26 - 13:01.5 (Start and Finish are already compliant).

PL Notes Section 10

Again, Checker reports volume outside LV's range, at 93.5. I recommend de-amplifying -3.5 dB from :23 - end (Start is already compliant)

TIPS:
  • If you are using Audacity, select your audio, go Effects/Amplify/type in the + or - dB adjustment you want, or use the slider bar/allow clipping/ OK.
  • While visuals aren't 100% reliable, the wave form does give reasonable places where to look for adjustments.
  • And if you aren't already checking all your files with Checker, please download it here.

Section 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3whichway_01_ingersoll_128kb.mp3
13:14

Section 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ingersollv3whichway_10_ingersoll_128kb.mp3
8:57

I followed your advice, and Checker passed both files.
THANK YOU, MSFRY!!!!

-Brian
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sections 1 and 10 are PL OK, and this project is ready to catalog. Amy, please use the most recent summary. The cover is ready to go when you are done.

Thanks to all our "inspired" readers, and be on the lookout for the next installment, which will be a collection called Ingersoll as Toastmaster, from Volume 12. He served as toastmaster at the banquets of many famous people and organizations. I haven't read it. Should be quite interesting!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will start cataloging. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ingersoll-on-which-way-from-the-works-of-robert-g-ingersoll-volume-3-lectures-lecture-8-by-robert-g-ingersoll/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Amy. To match all the other titles in the group, could you please remove LECTURES - from the title:

Ingersoll on WHICH WAY, from the Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Volume 3, LECTURES - Lecture 8
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Michele
The title is updated now.
Cheers,
-Amy