'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Bob Neufeld, you did a wonderful job reading The Island of Dr. Moreau, an old favorite of mine
https://librivox.org/the-island-of-doctor-moreau-by-h-g-wells/

Larry

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KEHClark (K.E.H. Clark) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Excellent work, K.E.H. Clark, in your reading Miss Brill!!!

https://librivox.org/librivoxs-short-story-collection-007/

I had this short story in my College English Lit class decades ago. I had forgotten about it until a friend and I were talking last night. Thank you for your part in transporting me back and into this excellent piece by Katherine Mansfield. Please do consider reading more selections for Librivox. I appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent talent with us!

Live Safe. Take Care.

Sincerely,

Tamera

All of K.E.H.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for scsiboy71 (Steven Reynolds) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Stephen Reynolds is absolutely fabulous! What a reader. Clear, well formed words, great pace!

Well done Stephen! You great

Solly

All of Steven's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for amitsharma (amitsharma) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Sir, Thank you very much for reading, "The Clue of the Gold Coin", by Helen Wells! Nice story, entertaining, and I like how much I learned from the book. I learned about the pirate celebration, like Mardi Gras, what it used to be like to fly, and Ybor city of Tampa! I’ve been to Tampa a few times, but next time I go I will have better knowledge of it.
Sounds like English is not your 1st language and you have done a great job of reading the book, something I couldn’t do with English as my native language 😀 I hope you will record more books!
Thank you, Lynn

All of amitsharma's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Martin,

After hearing you read quite a few chapters in The Brothers Karamazov, I was delighted to realise you had read a complete version of “The Idiot”, and for the past few weeks you have been a daily companion on my regular exercise walk, along with Prince Myshkin, Lizaveta Prokofyevna, General Ivolgin and the whole hilarious crew. After listening to the Librivox recordings of Crime and Punishment and then The Brothers Karamazov, I was unprepared for the strength of comedy in The Idiot, which you brought out wonderfully in your reading (though of course there are many powerful, non-comic scenes in the novel too, including the remarkable bank-notes-in-the-fire scene). It was only after listening to your reading that I turned to the internet to read more about the novel’s critical reception and discovery what a flop it is widely regarded as being, its overall structure, allegedly, being so deficient. I can only say that anyone whose sole experience of the novel has been hearing you read it could not possibly have come away disappointed. The whole thing is really quite wonderful, and I am so grateful for the time and effort (not to mention reading talent) that you put into this production, all gratis.

Please accept my heartfelt thanks, Martin.

Peter
Melbourne
Australia

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cosmos (Doug Wetzel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Doug,

I am very much enjoying your narration of parts of Aristotle's Politics, and wanted to contact you about narrating some other texts for an educational project, with the audio also going to librivox.

Sincerely,

Peter

All of Doug's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi my name is Paul and I am From South Africa. I have downloaded quite a few books and would like to personally thank the Reader Christopher Smith for his contribution in reading the books of Andrew Murray. Is there a way I can perhaps come in contact with him. Thank you librivox for such a wonderfull medium.
God bless you all.
Paul
and...
Thank you so much for your natation of this book you carried the spirit of the message deep within. It left me with a deeper desire and floccus for only looking to God for direction. God Bless you for making this available in such an easy listen.

Thank you

Diana

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ref (Rhonda Federman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Rhonda

I am thoroughly enjoying your reading of “The Way of All Flesh”

Thats all I have to say really

Hope you are well

Kind Regards

Martin

All of Rhonda's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Mr. Toni Oliva, for fantastic reading of ´Mrs Craddock´ by S.Maugham. It was realy dramatic, - being solo, but sounding like a theater with manifold of voices. Your intelligent emphasizing words & phrases gives much more for easier understanding the prose, especially for foreigners studing English.

With respectfulness,

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Kilmer
Thank you for your readings on Librivox. I have a hearing disability and find that I follow readers more than the other options. Your voice gives me an opportunity to listen to books with pure enjoyment. I do thank you for the time that you spend while recording the books. I lost most of my hearing many years ago and find that even with the powerful hearing aids the world is still garbled. I live in Utah and relate to the western stories that you read for me. I think that I have been through the catalog several times and enjoy even the re-reads.

Thank you for the joyful times.

Wayne, St. George, UT
and...
Thank you Mr. Kilmer. My name's rusty. I live in the remote of Alaska where we don't have dependable live digital entertainment. You bring a ray of fun for me, especially during the dark of winter. I sure do enjoy listening to the books you read. Your rhythm, cadence, tone of voice, clarity of speech and superb ability to draw me in to the story is custom built for my dull of hearing ears.

I'm relatively new to this venue and have only recently found the page of books you've read for us to listen to. You've certainly put lots of hours into that long list! and I for one, genuinely appreciate it. I'm gonna listen to most if not all of em before it's over.
Keep up the good work amigo and I'll keep on a listenin ever chance I get!
rusty

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lurcherlover (Peter Thomlinson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Peter Thomlinson for reading the short story "The Informer" by Conrad in the short story collection (SS collection 088).
Christie

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
tony123

Post by tony123 »

icequeen wrote: July 16th, 2020, 9:50 pm Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Mr. Toni Oliva, for fantastic reading of ´Mrs Craddock´ by S.Maugham. It was realy dramatic, - being solo, but sounding like a theater with manifold of voices. Your intelligent emphasizing words & phrases gives much more for easier understanding the prose, especially for foreigners studing English.

With respectfulness,

All of Tony's recordings!
Thank you so much!

Best wishes to you,
Tony
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoDecaf (David Leeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Leeson,

Over the past two months or so I have had the pleasure of listening to your recording of Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz. It is a long book, and I had many other calls on my time during this period; but my interest never waned: so much about the work was enriching, uplifting and enjoyable, and you put it across very well.

Thank you for all the time and care you put into recording this fine novel. I think I will now miss not only the vividly-drawn characters and scenes of the book, but the voice which has been heard so regularly in my home during this unusual period of Covid19 pandemic which has affected Belgium no less than most other parts of the world since March.

Once again, a warm and sincere ‘thank you’.

Sean

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/dubliners-by-james-joyce-2

Just spent a very relaxed Saturday listening to this recording of the Dubliners, which was an absolute pleasure to listen to. Lovely voice, beautifully recorded. I very much appreciate the time and effort that went into this and just wanted to pass on that appreciation, so thanks!

Cheers,
Stephen
and...
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed listening to David Copperfield from Liverpool Library. The reader conveyed the feelings of the characters, and each voice was clearly recognisable which helps a lot! He also created great dramatic effect, which was especially commendable in such a long book,

--

best wishes,

Paul
All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chiquito_crasto (Chiquito Crasto) rom our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for readings short ghost stories love your accent and gentle voice

All of Chiquito's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!