Wondering Where to Submit a Particular Recording

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Hello!

I've been doing some homework for my assignment in The Witch-Wife, and stumbled upon the Gutenberg text for The Discovery of Witches, by Matthew Hopkins (1647).

I've always been a bit fascinated by Hopkins, and would love to record this - but I'm not sure how / where to go about it.

It's a standalone work, but is also very short (roughly 3800 words). Here's the link, if you want to take a look: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/14015/14015-h/14015-h.htm

My question is, if I were to record this - where would it be best suited?

Where it is an entire book, should I submit it as a "solo", even though its super short? Would it be better suited to the Short Non-Fiction collection? Something else entirely?

I think it would be a fun one for the catalog & I'd love to give it a shot - just looking for advice on how to tackle it.

Thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It would be best in the short works collection it best fits., we have "short stories" for fiction., Non-Fiction. Science Fiction, Children's Works And Ghost and Horror all set up so each author and title can be searched for,

Anne
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I would offer it to the non-fiction collection. If the BC of the collection disagrees, they'll let you know, but I don't feel it fits better in any of the rest of the collections. :hmm:

I can already picture it in your voice! It will be a fun one for the catalogue!