Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

kellypark2023 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:16 pm Hi,

This is the updated recording of section 32, at 02:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/entertainingmadeeasy_32_burt_128kb.mp3

Kelly
Hi Kelly! Good editing! Just a couple of comments now -

You have a bit too much at the beginning of this recording - if you are using Audacity just use the + and - buttons to make your recording larger and smaller and then you can see when you start and how long the recording is taking. You are really close so no need to change it this time.

What I do need you to change is to remove the "This recording is in the public domain" at the end. This is what the 1st page says for the end of the recording:
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Section Number]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"\

So just chop it off and make sure there are 5 seconds after you say End of Section number and you will be good to go!

Thanks so much!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 13th, 2020, 4:46 pm Here's Section 7!

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/entertainingmadeeasy_07_burt_128kb.mp3 (2:35)
Hi there! Thanks for the good recording!

There are no issues with it and it is PL OK!

I have just one note which you can take forward to your next recordings and that is we like to see between .5 and 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording. You were just over 1 second so it is not critical - I just thought I would mention it for your future recordings to watch out for. :)

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Lmnei wrote: July 13th, 2020, 5:12 pm
Bookworm360 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:16 pm Oops, sorry for not putting it. :oops: The recording is 2:55.
No issues! Thanks very much!

Lynda
Hi there - here is your PL feedback on your recording - please let me know if you have any questions -

1 – Slow your reading down please and that will then reduce the breath sounds that are recorded
2 – 0:11 – please say Librivox.org not O.R.G.
3 – 0:13 – you said “Section 9” you should have said, following the Sections Greater than 400 words Intro, "Entertaining Made Easy, by Emily Rose Burt. Then you say the [Section Title] which is correct.
4 – 0:58 – please reduce the dead space here in the middle of the paragraph
5 – 2:16 – please leave 1-2 seconds between end of story and extro
6 – 2:18 – please remove “Of entertaining made easy” from the extro – it is not listed to be said at the end.
7. You have some DC Bias on the file (that shows when the recording is not evenly spaced in the window. Please highlight your recording and run through the Normalize process under Effects in Audacity.
8. Due to the breath sounds, let’s try and reduce some background noise. With your recording still highlighted, in Effect – Noise Reduction, select the top button which will get a snapshot of the noise to be reduced. Next go back to Noise Reduction and enter a 6 in the first two fields and leave the others alone and select OK.
9. Now doing Noise Reduction reduces your volume so with your recording still highlighted, please go to Effect – Amplify and increase the volume by 3 dB. Now Export your recording and upload it, post it and give me the time and I will check it.

I have done all the above items from 7 onwards and your recording will pass at that time assuming 2-6 are also done :)

Lynda
kellypark2023

Post by kellypark2023 »

Lmnei wrote: July 13th, 2020, 5:19 pm
kellypark2023 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:16 pm Hi,

This is the updated recording of section 32, at 02:36

Kelly
Hi Kelly! Good editing! Just a couple of comments now -

You have a bit too much at the beginning of this recording - if you are using Audacity just use the + and - buttons to make your recording larger and smaller and then you can see when you start and how long the recording is taking. You are really close so no need to change it this time.

What I do need you to change is to remove the "This recording is in the public domain" at the end. This is what the 1st page says for the end of the recording:
At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Section Number]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"\

So just chop it off and make sure there are 5 seconds after you say End of Section number and you will be good to go!

Thanks so much!

Lynda
Thanks once again for the notes!
02:33
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

I only claimed two so I’d like to add 34 to my claim! Thanks!
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 7:28 am I only claimed two so I’d like to add 34 to my claim! Thanks!
Absolutely! It is yours!

Lynda
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Ambsweet13 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 5:41 pm Here's Section 23! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/entertainingmadeeasy_23_burt_128kb.mp3 (1:48)
hi there! Way to go! That is PL OK!

Lynda
Amatullah

Post by Amatullah »

Hiya,
Please could I do section 38-a wedding on the lawn.
Thank you,
Amatullah
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Amatullah wrote: July 15th, 2020, 2:40 pm Hiya,
Thank you,
Amatullah
By all means! Amatullah - is this the first recording you have signed up for after your 1 minute test? If so please provide me with the name you wish to use publicly for your book reading credits. For example my Librivox name is lmnei and my public name is Lynda Marie Neilson. You do not have to use your name - it can be anything! If you can let me know I will get the Section assigned.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks! I will put them in the MW and give them a listen once I find my laptop in my pile of vacation stuff we just unloaded from the car :)
Amatullah

Post by Amatullah »

Lmnei wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:17 pm
Thank you,
Amatullah
By all means! Amatullah - is this the first recording you have signed up for after your 1 minute test? If so please provide me with the name you wish to use publicly for your book reading credits. For example my Librivox name is lmnei and my public name is Lynda Marie Neilson. You do not have to use your name - it can be anything! If you can let me know I will get the Section assigned.

Lynda
Hello, this would be my 2nd contribution- my first was in the june poetry collection. Could you keep my catalogue name as 'AmatullahTalks'

Thanks,

Amatullah
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Amatullah wrote: July 16th, 2020, 1:55 am
Lmnei wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:17 pm
Thank you,
Amatullah

Lynda
Hello, this would be my 2nd contribution- my first was in the june poetry collection. Could you keep my catalogue name as 'AmatullahTalks'

Thanks,

Amatullah
That is just perfect then Amatullah! We only do this process when the person is about to do their first read. I was on my phone and could not look up if your reader ID was listed already or not - I see that it is now so Section 38 is assigned to you now :) Have fun reading it!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »