COMPLETE: Homecraft Rugs by Lydia Le Baron Walker -lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Leni wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:12 am Being an amateur crocheter myself, I would be interested in PLing this, unless of course linny wants to continue PLing. :)
Thank you, Leni! I too love crochet. I've been looking at this project for ages in the abandoned section. I'll gladly listen once it gets to catalog. I'll move us to Going Solo. Have fun!
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I think I will re-record Chapter 1. Thanks much for the suggestion.
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

And I' so glad to have others interested in this project. I see the book listed in a variety of libraries world-wide and think that in its day, it must have been an important resource. It will be great to have it available again to a wider audience. And speaking for myself, I'm looking forward to input from both of you. Thanks much.

Joanne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sections 3 and 4 are PL OK! Quite interesting, but too much sewing in the braided rugs for me :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 5 is PL OK. Quite interesting: I learnt a lot about the Navajo blankets. And I found it funny to hear the mention of Brazil wood. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Linny, I've re-recorded Chapter 1 and uploaded it. I've also cut from the start of Chapter 2 and uploaded the new version of that as well. Thanks for your comments! I just wish there was some way to incorporate the color plates, some of which are of rugs she made herself. I'm proofing Chapter 6 now.

Joanne
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Chapter 6 (knit rugs) is posted; on to Chapter 7 (Leni, that's your crochet rugs!).
linny

Post by linny »

Make sure to update the times for the replaced files and update the status. :wink:
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Will do; thanks for the reminder. I have uploaded Chapter 7 (Crocheted Rugs).
linny

Post by linny »

Excellent!
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

And I have uploaded Chapter 8 (Jute Rugs); it is short by comparison (only 16 minutes).
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I have posted Chapter 9 (Tapestry Floor Coverings) and it is ready for PL. My pace will slow a bit over the next few weeks; I start training with the Red Cross next week and that will last a month or so. I know I'm working a bit ahead of the two of you right now, but that's why. Thanks to both of you,

Joanne
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Oops, sorry I fell behind a bit here, rough week at work. I will catch up eventually though. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

jhturner wrote: July 13th, 2020, 12:40 pm Chapter 6 (knit rugs) is posted; on to Chapter 7 (Leni, that's your crochet rugs!).
Finally got around to PLing Chapter 6.

There is only one tiny mistake. At the very beginning, instead of homeCRAFT Rugs, you say homeMADE rugs. Other than that, a great chapter. Her final defense of artistic fashioning of all rugs made me blush for some past (non-rug) pieces I made to use scraps of materials left over :oops: :lol:
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

jhturner wrote: July 14th, 2020, 12:40 pm Will do; thanks for the reminder. I have uploaded Chapter 7 (Crocheted Rugs).
Chapter 7 is perfect, PL OK! It was a pleasure to listen to it while crocheting a simple scarf :D
Leni
=================