(Complete) Where We Got the Bible by Rev. Henry Graham - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 6:23 pm Hi Maria!

May I have section 4, please?
Of course ~ all yours! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Hi Maria,

Here is Chapter 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wherewegotbible_04_graham_128kb.mp3
Duration = 21:47

I have to confess to a couple of deviations from the text, which I can easily change if you prefer:
  • The title of the chapter is "Catholic Church Compiles the New Testament". It sounded really odd to read it that way, so almost without thinking I added the word "The" at the beginning. I can very easily remove it.
  • The author uses numbers in parentheses in the text to label various lists of items. Where he used lower case Roman numerals to mark the three main sections of his argument, inside the first section he also has a numbered list of categories. I thought it would be rather confusing to the reader if I just read the numbers as "One" or "First", etc., in all cases. So for the main sections I read "Item One", "Item Two", etc., and for the categories inside the first section I just read "one" or "first", "two" or "second", etc. If you know of a clearer way to do this, please let me know and I'll be happy to correct the recording.
Eduardo
Quomodo autem posset aliquid permanere, nisi tu voluisses?
aut quod a te vocatum non esset conservaretur? -- Wis 11:27
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Also, in the meantime could I have sections 0 and 1?

If so, how would you like the intro/outro to go? Should it say "Chapter 0 of Where . . ." and "End of Chapter 0"? Or maybe just "Introduction to Where . . ." and "End of Introduction"?

Thank you!
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:37 am Hi Maria,

Here is Chapter 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wherewegotbible_04_graham_128kb.mp3
Duration = 21:47

I have to confess to a couple of deviations from the text, which I can easily change if you prefer:
  • The title of the chapter is "Catholic Church Compiles the New Testament". It sounded really odd to read it that way, so almost without thinking I added the word "The" at the beginning. I can very easily remove it.
  • The author uses numbers in parentheses in the text to label various lists of items. Where he used lower case Roman numerals to mark the three main sections of his argument, inside the first section he also has a numbered list of categories. I thought it would be rather confusing to the reader if I just read the numbers as "One" or "First", etc., in all cases. So for the main sections I read "Item One", "Item Two", etc., and for the categories inside the first section I just read "one" or "first", "two" or "second", etc. If you know of a clearer way to do this, please let me know and I'll be happy to correct the recording.
Hi Eduardo,

Well, I certainly wouldn't make you edit a file for an accidental "the". :-) It doesn't change the meaning, so it is fine.
As for the rest, I think it is okay how you did that. Sometimes we have to explain things such as tables and graphs, etc.

It is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:41 am Also, in the meantime could I have sections 0 and 1?

If so, how would you like the intro/outro to go? Should it say "Chapter 0 of Where . . ." and "End of Chapter 0"? Or maybe just "Introduction to Where . . ." and "End of Introduction"?

Thank you!
All yours! Definitely not Chapter 0 please! :-) I would go with "Foreword, Introductions and Preface of...." and End of Foreword, Introductions and Preface............" Since there is more to it than just an introduction ~ I know it is a bit of a mouthful!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

m8b1 wrote: July 6th, 2020, 1:59 pm I would go with "Foreword, Introductions and Preface of...." and End of Foreword, Introductions and Preface............" Since there is more to it than just an introduction ~ I know it is a bit of a mouthful!
It's not terribly long, and it lets the listener know exactly what's coming. I will do that.

Thank you very much!
Eduardo
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Hi again, Maria,

I just noticed that there is a dedication right before the Foreword, including a quote from 2 Peter and another from St. Augustine. Do you want that read also?
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:13 pm Hi again, Maria,

I just noticed that there is a dedication right before the Foreword, including a quote from 2 Peter and another from St. Augustine. Do you want that read also?
I think skip the dedication. It is not an actual part of the text. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 15

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wherewegotbible_15_graham_128kb.mp3 (8:44)

By the way the title to this chapter is "The Catholic's Bible." A small matter, I know...
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you, Kevin. Title corrected ~ thanks for pointing it out. :mrgreen:
I will PL it tomorrow.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

15 is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thank you! It is PL OK! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
ekortright

Post by ekortright »

And here is Chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wherewegotbible_01_graham_128kb.mp3
Duration = 9:42

Could I get Chapter 5?
Eduardo
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

ekortright wrote: July 19th, 2020, 3:51 pm And here is Chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wherewegotbible_01_graham_128kb.mp3
Duration = 9:42

Could I get Chapter 5?
Thank you! I will listen to it tomorrow.

5 is all yours! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks