ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent work with Delphine, really top notch! I love your phony French, and how you waver between the assumed accent and the real one when Sarah pushes hard enough! Everything is here, and almost word-perfect.

There was one spot where you switched out a word, and I don't think it makes much difference, really. It's a very minor change. I mention it only in case you want to correct it, but really I would also feel fine just marking it PL ok right away. So if you don't want to re-do that line, just say so, and it'd be fine. There were also a couple of places where it would be good to leave a little more space between your lines, to help Todd find where to cut. I made a note of those below, just for your reference, but you don't need to correct them. There is plenty of room for him to work with. I do hope we hear more from you in the future! :D

Act 3:
More space in between lines at 1:13, 1:28, 4:42, 5:42, 11:12
1:37 OPTIONAL Text reads "Almost she treat me as a friend." I hear "Also she treat me as a friend." I don't think this is much of a big deal, but I point it out in case you want to correct it.

Act 4:
More space in between lines at 1:04, 3:15
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And TJ, good job as well with Mrs. Brewster. Although I don't believe I'd want to cultivate her acquaintance in real life. I see now why Lily Ann is so rude to her. I'm going to enjoy that! :lol:

There is no voice credit here, but I'm assuming you were planning to put it in Act 1. Acts 2 and 4 are perfect, except for one tiny word switch in act 2. It doesn't make much of a difference, though, so it's your call.

0:21 OPTIONAL Text reads "We were satiated with rural felicity." I hear "We were satisfied with rural felicity." The meaning is almost the same between the two, but the connotation is a bit different. Up to you what to do with it.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll PL these tomorrow or the next day. :)
JgreenVO

Post by JgreenVO »

Thanks, Devorah! I had a blast and will definitely look for more projects to volunteer for. :)
Thank you so much for proofing me! I will check out that word change and get back to you. And thank you for pointing out the timing for future. I do have a tendency to speed along lol.
mightyfelix wrote: July 10th, 2020, 11:25 am Excellent work with Delphine, really top notch! I love your phony French, and how you waver between the assumed accent and the real one when Sarah pushes hard enough! Everything is here, and almost word-perfect.

There was one spot where you switched out a word, and I don't think it makes much difference, really. It's a very minor change. I mention it only in case you want to correct it, but really I would also feel fine just marking it PL ok right away. So if you don't want to re-do that line, just say so, and it'd be fine. There were also a couple of places where it would be good to leave a little more space between your lines, to help Todd find where to cut. I made a note of those below, just for your reference, but you don't need to correct them. There is plenty of room for him to work with. I do hope we hear more from you in the future! :D

Act 3:
More space in between lines at 1:13, 1:28, 4:42, 5:42, 11:12
1:37 OPTIONAL Text reads "Almost she treat me as a friend." I hear "Also she treat me as a friend." I don't think this is much of a big deal, but I point it out in case you want to correct it.

Act 4:
More space in between lines at 1:04, 3:15
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aliasmisssherlock_dickbrewster_1_128kb.mp3 7:53

I hope I'm pronouncing "Navarre" the same way everyone else is!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
skypigeon

Post by skypigeon »

Funny, I was going to post the same thing about pronouncing "Navarre" :D I did it with two syllables, is that OK?

Mr. Fillmore acts 3 and 4 up:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aliasmisssherlock_leonardfillmore_3_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aliasmisssherlock_leonardfillmore_4_128kb.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I very honestly leave choice of accents and characterizations in ANY part up to the reader. One of the key pleasures of running a play here at Librivox is finding out what the various readers have decided is right. Usually some unexpected things, and always different than I had originally pictured the play on stage myself. So that the completed play is not my vision of what should be, but a truly new and exciting collaborative creation.

I do NOT care if people pronounce other character's names (or place names) differently from each other - I treat that as people just having an accent, or using pet name pronunciations, or something like that. But I would like to have people use the same consistent pronunciation of names throughout each of their files.

Thanks, Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Thanks for the clarification, Todd!
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd