[complete] De Viris Illustribus (On Illustrious Men) by St. Jerome - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

This project is in the catalog! Please listen and download from here : https://librivox.org/on-illustrious-men-de-viris-illustribus-by-saint-jerome/

:clap: :clap:

I noticed that the blub was summary from Wikipedia. I'd appreciate it if you make your own summary -- we link to the wikipedia page, anyway, so I think it is more valuable for prospective listeners to know why you think they should listen. You can post it here, and I'll change it on the catalog page and archive. Thanks! :thumbs:
Kathrine
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

kathrinee wrote: July 11th, 2020, 4:11 pm This project is in the catalog! Please listen and download from here : https://librivox.org/on-illustrious-men-de-viris-illustribus-by-saint-jerome/

:clap: :clap:

I noticed that the blub was summary from Wikipedia. I'd appreciate it if you make your own summary -- we link to the wikipedia page, anyway, so I think it is more valuable for prospective listeners to know why you think they should listen. You can post it here, and I'll change it on the catalog page and archive. Thanks! :thumbs:
Sorry I didn't notice this until you PMed me. I thought this was a done deal, but yeah sure if you want a non-wiki summary that's fine, although I'm not much of a writer:

This is a collection of 135 brief biographies by St. Jerome of his forebears and contemporaries. It is often cited as a primary source of information on ancient Christian authors and their writings. The biographies start with the apostles and end with Jerome himself. They also include respected non-Christians such as Josephus, and Philo of Alexandria. In general, this work provides a quick overview of all the respected writers in the early centuries and their writings, which would be of interest to Christians.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Great! Thank you, I've updated the catalog and the archive page. :9:
Kathrine