[COMPLETE] U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather by U.S. Department of Energy - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather by Craig Zamuda, et al ( - 0).

This is a project I plan to do solo. published early in the 2nd Obama term, this is a strong, concise and science-based report on the u.s. energy sector and its expected vulnerabilities due to climate change over the next century. i will be reading the exec summary through the appendix ~56 pgs. i should be able to get through this in ~ 3months. cheers.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/us-energy-sector-vulnerabilities-to-climate-change-and-extreme-weather-by-us-department-of-energy/

This report—part of the Obama Administration’s efforts to support national climate change adaptation planning through the Interagency Climate Change Adaptation Task Force and Strategic Sustainability Planning process and to advance the U.S. Department of Energy’s goal of promoting energy security—examines current and potential future impacts of climate change and extreme weather events on the U.S. energy sector. It identifies activities underway to address these challenges and discusses potential opportunities to enhance energy technologies that are more climate-resilient, as well as information, stakeholder engagement, and policies and strategies to further enable their deployment. (drawn from the executive summary, lightly edited for clarity) ( Patrick Mchaffie)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/DTIC_ADA583709/mode/2up
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather, by The US Department of Energy. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather by The US Department of Energy. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of U. S. Energy Sector Vulnerabilities to Climate Change and Extreme Weather, by The US Department of Energy."

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename climatechangeandextremeweather_##_usdoe_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. climatechangeandextremeweather_01_usdoe_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm working on setting this up for you.

I'm thinking it would be better to have the author as the US Department of Energy. Yes, the Acknowledgements section lists Zamuda as the coordinating lead author, but I think it's better to just have it as the DOE. The form on page 2 doesn't list authors, but just the performing organization (the DOE). What do you think?

I've amended the file name to something shorter, and putting in the DOE as author, but this is of course not written in stone. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

i think using the DOE as the author makes sense, particularly as there are so many contributing authors. by amending file name do you mean the naming of the mp3 or the name of the forum page? either way it's fine. let me know when the mw is ready and i can get organized into sections that are reasonable. you are a very busy mc! thanks again helping me out with this. as i do more i am finding i like it more and perhaps am getting (a very little) better as a reader. i also think it is important to try to do projects that matter - in this case highlighting non-political public science regarding climate change from the obama administration.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, MW is up. (I had prepared it before, so it was just a matter of plugging it in.) :)

Yeah, by file name, I meant the suggested name of the MP3s. Feel free to change that as you see fit.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

thanks again. i'll start work on this tomorrow.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

i've a question - how do you feel about me reading text that is a component of particular figures? for example the table on page iii (i think i can handle effectively) and the text on pages 2 and 3 that are part of figure 1. i think both of these are important and will help the listener understand the context of this report. there will likely be similar instances through the report - i'm not suggesting reading droning tabular data but rather where tables contain textual information that contributes to the narrative structure of the report, it should be read. do you agree?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Those look pretty easy to read. I'd say, go for it. (It's your choice.) :)
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

:thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved to Going Solo. :)
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

section 00

20:32
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't forget to change the last column to mark the section as Ready for PL. :)

(I caught this a few times on your last solo but just changed it myself since I was DPL.)
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

Oops! Okeedoke.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

LGroden

Post by LGroden »

Hi, could I be the DPL for this project?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Please do! I've given you MW access. :)