[COMPLETE] Sasha, by Aleksandr Kuprin - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
maryOfRohan

Post by maryOfRohan »

Hey hey!
I have a question - should it be one big audiofile with all 6 parts of a chapter in it? Or each part should have its own audiofile?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

All one file. (There's only one slot in the Magic Window for it.) :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi!
Please clarify if Sec 14 is really open. I saw smb claimed for it.
Btw, the link to text is temporary not working(
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:35 am Hi!
Section 14 (The Jewess) is definitely open.

My link to the text is working now. If you would like to claim 14 and/or are having trouble accessing the text, please let me know.
HannaPonomarenko

KevinS wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:49 am

My link to the text is working now. If you would like to claim 14 and/or are having trouble accessing the text, please let me know.
Yes, my link is working now too. Yes, I want to read it, but I have two do small projects first. Is it ok if 2 months will start for me two weeks after today?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 24th, 2020, 12:36 pm
KevinS wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:49 am

Yes, my link is working now too. Yes, I want to read it, but I have two do small projects first. Is it ok if 2 months will start for me two weeks after today?
Yes, of course. I will assign you now. (Kuprin is a remarkable author. I wish I could read him in the original.)
HannaPonomarenko

Yes, of course. I will assign you now. (Kuprin is a remarkable author. I wish I could read him in the original.)
Yes, he is good. I used to read him at school in original.
Thank you very much!
HannaPonomarenko

Hi! I'm sorry to say it, but please remove me from Sec 14. I've just read it and didn't like it, though I like the author in general. I may provide any help with pronouncing the names but I don't want to read it.
Sorry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:47 pm Hi! I'm sorry to say it, but please remove me from Sec 14. I've just read it and didn't like it, though I like the author in general. I may provide any help with pronouncing the names but I don't want to read it.
Sorry
Quite all right. Thank you for your offer to help with pronunciations.
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

KevinS wrote: May 31st, 2020, 8:10 pm
kwdavids wrote: May 13th, 2020, 1:06 pm I had a good day today, and I was able to finish the editing of my first recording on the project:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_08_kuprin_128kb.mp3

It's been a long time since my last project and I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
I'm so sorry to have delayed in getting to this. My gosh, but this isn't a recording. It's a performance! Really wonderful!

There is only one technical issue to be resolved and that is to convert the file to a constant bit rate of 128kbps.

Again, wonderful!
Sorry for the delay. I have exported the recording again with 128k Constant Rate.

Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:46 am
Sorry for the delay. I have exported the recording again with 128k Constant Rate.

Thank you! PL OK!
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

I could use some advice on pronunciation.

One is Timofeev-Soumskoi, particularly whether the ou is one syllable or two. I'm thinking "soh OOMs coy". Another is "Fedot," where I am thinking the "t" is silent, guessing that the name is French rather than Russian.
These are from "How I became an actor" part IX.

Does anyone know where I can find an e-text in Russian? It's hard enough figuring out the pronunciation without having to reverse-engineer the translator.
Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: July 8th, 2020, 6:52 am I could use some advice on pronunciation.

One is Timofeev-Soumskoi, particularly whether the ou is one syllable or two. I'm thinking "soh OOMs coy". Another is "Fedot," where I am thinking the "t" is silent, guessing that the name is French rather than Russian.

Does anyone know where I can find an e-text in Russian? It's hard enough figuring out the pronunciation without having to reverse-engineer the translator.
I think you might best put this request in the 'help wanted' thread. My guesses for pronunciations---that's what they are really--- come from watching movies!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: July 8th, 2020, 6:52 am I could use some advice on pronunciation.

Perhaps this will help? https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101835185
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

KevinS wrote: July 8th, 2020, 7:16 am

Perhaps this will help? https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/101835185
That Russian language version is WONDERFUL. It has the stress marks, what I need more than anything!

Immediately I see that that the "ou" is just one letter in Russian that would be pronounced like "ou" in "soup." And seeing the original, there is a Russian "hard sign" after the 't' in Fedot, making it certain that it's not silent. So two big mistakes averted. Thanks!
Kevin