[COMPLETE][SOLO][CZECH][Fantasy] Krysař by Viktor Dyk - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: May 16th, 2020, 9:02 am Thank you for making my job so easy here, it's really an agreeable listen throughout :9: and you are so meticulous about correcting all your mistakes that I don't find anything to note down. Bravo !

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
Thank you very much for you kind feedback, Sonia :) Yes, sometimes I'm being even fastidious I guess; but it depends a lot on how much time I have or how long the section is.. Recently I took up two projects as DPL and I'm also preparing for my high school graduation exam so I got less time for recording now (as you probably noticed :D). But I'll try to make at least one chapter from time to time to keep some progress :) I've uploaded section 14 today.

Kudrna
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: May 30th, 2020, 9:25 amRecently I took up two projects as DPL and I'm also preparing for my high school graduation exam so I got less time for recording now (as you probably noticed :D). But I'll try to make at least one chapter from time to time to keep some progress :) I've uploaded section 14 today.
and the chapter is PL ok again. :thumbs: yes you have to be careful not to take on too much, otherwise it can start becoming stressful. It should stay fun.

Good luck with your exams !!! When are they finished ?

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2020, 5:00 am Good luck with your exams !!! When are they finished ?

Sonia
Thanks :D It has two parts; this upcoming week we are writing tests and the week after comes the speaking part.
I uploaded other two sections :)

Kudrna
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: May 31st, 2020, 7:48 amThanks :D It has two parts; this upcoming week we are writing tests and the week after comes the speaking part.
I uploaded other two sections :)
ah yes, it's a bit like here too, only we have one week of school holidays right now (for Pentecost, it's a Catholic holiday).

The two next sections are again PL ok :thumbs: excellent readings both !

Thank you, and fingers crossed for your exams !

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:59 am ah yes, it's a bit like here too, only we have one week of school holidays right now (for Pentecost, it's a Catholic holiday).

The two next sections are again PL ok :thumbs: excellent readings both !

Thank you, and fingers crossed for your exams !

Sonia
Another section uploaded :)
That's interesting; I think that Pentecost was celebrated in our country in the past, too, but now hardly anyone celebrates it.
Thank you – the writing is done, now we have a week free to prepare for speaking; sounds like a stressful time coming :D Hopefully recording will help me to relax a bit :mrgreen:

Kudrna
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 4:01 amthe writing is done, now we have a week free to prepare for speaking; sounds like a stressful time coming :D Hopefully recording will help me to relax a bit :mrgreen:
yes I think a bit of a break between learning is always helpful. And usually the oral exams are less stressful and difficult than the written ones, I find.

Good luck. Section 17 is again PL ok. Great job !

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 4:41 am yes I think a bit of a break between learning is always helpful. And usually the oral exams are less stressful and difficult than the written ones, I find.
Well, I'm not sure about that :D I think it's probably on the contrary in our country, the oral exams are the biggest bogey :lol:

I uploaded two new sections and I decided to improve the first section as well. When I listened to it, the silences were indeed very long, so I cut them a bit. I'm not sure if you want to PL it again (nothing was changed apart from the gaps) but I thought I should at least tell you about that.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Kudrna
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: June 5th, 2020, 4:40 amI think it's probably on the contrary in our country, the oral exams are the biggest bogey :lol:
what do you mean by bogey ? :hmm:
I decided to improve the first section as well. When I listened to it, the silences were indeed very long, so I cut them a bit. I'm not sure if you want to PL it again (nothing was changed apart from the gaps)
thanks for letting me know. Indeed changing anything will result in re-checking. So usually we strongly discourage to change anything as soon as it's PL ok. If we keep changing, we will never finish and it's too much work to check and re-check the same file all over again :(

I will have to listen to it all again, as I need to make sure you did not cut out a bit from the text while cutting gaps. (believe me, it has happened before :lol: ) So as a big help next time, it would be good if you could have given me all the exact time stamps where you made the cuts, that way at least I would only need to do spot PL.

But you couldn't know that, so I will relisten to it all. Luckily the section wasn't too long ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: June 5th, 2020, 4:40 amI uploaded two new sections and I decided to improve the first section as well.
hi again

I listened to the three chapters once again and all three are PL ok :thumbs: I agree, the pacing in the first chapter is now improved.

Thanks

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: June 5th, 2020, 4:55 am what do you mean by bogey ? :hmm:
By bogey I mean something people are afraid of – maybe it's not the most suitable word, I must admit that I looked it up in dictionary :?
thanks for letting me know. Indeed changing anything will result in re-checking. So usually we strongly discourage to change anything as soon as it's PL ok. If we keep changing, we will never finish and it's too much work to check and re-check the same file all over again :(
Sorry, Sonia, I understand that :oops: I won't do it again.

And after a short (longer :D) break, I uploaded other three sections. I also PMed Anna a few days ago; if she doesn't respond or no longer wants to record her sections, I'll orphan them.

Have a nice day! :)
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:48 amAnd after a short (longer :D) break, I uploaded other three sections.
super, thank you, Kudrna, those three are absolutely PL ok as well. We are nearing the end here. The chapters are so short, it's easy to PL them. :9: Especially with your clear reading. :thumbs:

Let's hope we hear back from Anna.

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: July 6th, 2020, 2:07 am super, thank you, Kudrna, those three are absolutely PL ok as well. We are nearing the end here. The chapters are so short, it's easy to PL them. :9: Especially with your clear reading. :thumbs:

Let's hope we hear back from Anna.

Sonia
Thanks Sonia :) Your kind feedback and the approaching end really motivates me to record the final few sections so we have the book done soon :D I uploaded other two sections and orphaned those from Anna, since she hasn't replied yet.
I wonder, if I record it all by myself, is the book going to be marked as Solo in the catalogue even though it started as collaborative? :hmm: Maybe a silly question but I'm curious how it works when this occurs.
Kudrna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: July 8th, 2020, 1:55 amI wonder, if I record it all by myself, is the book going to be marked as Solo in the catalogue even though it started as collaborative? :hmm: Maybe a silly question but I'm curious how it works when this occurs.
yes if you do all the sections by yourself then this will become a solo. I only need to change the status of the project. :mrgreen: Credit where credit is due :)

Will PL soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kudrna wrote: July 8th, 2020, 1:55 amI uploaded other two sections
excellent job again, Kudrna :clap: totally flawless reading and I enjoyed the listening very much. Both sections PL ok again.

Well we are approaching the end with velocity 8-) Let me know if you want to have it as solo, then I can move it over to Going Solo.

Sonia
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2020, 3:33 am
Kudrna wrote: July 8th, 2020, 1:55 amI uploaded other two sections
excellent job again, Kudrna :clap: totally flawless reading and I enjoyed the listening very much. Both sections PL ok again.

Well we are approaching the end with velocity 8-) Let me know if you want to have it as solo, then I can move it over to Going Solo.

Sonia
Thanks Sonia :9: Well, I guess that it's quite unlikely that some other Czech reader will appear soon so I'll be happy to read it all :)
Kudrna