(COMPLETE) The Obscure Night of the Soul ~ icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

:lol: right? but first, a message from our sponsor....

35 and 36 are in the window.

Don't want to jinx it, but hard to believe there's only 3 chapters left. Only took 3 1/2 years? You might wonder if the sequestering finally gave me time, but I'm self employed in a essential business, and I've been out in the soup through the whole pandemic, in some ways busier than ever. I think I came back for refuge.

My guiding theological principal: relax, keep trying. :)

In a couple weeks, or a couple years, after I give you chapter 39, we'll be moving on to The Fire of Love, shortest, at least, of his major works.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You are on fire! Almost done!

Don't worry about how long it has taken, you obviously needed a little bit of a break. And, this one will be in the catalog soon enough, then a bunch of people will be happy!

Section 35 needs one edit. There is a missed bit that needs to be cut out at 5:21-:31.

Section 36 is PL OK!

Whenever you are ready to start the next St John of the Cross project, let me know and I will set it up!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

35 is corrected.

37, 38, 39, and 40 are in the Window.

40? Yep, I created 40 sections, but didn't label the last one. I forgot that, didn't consult the text, and kept referring to the last section as 39, here in the thread. Recorded 39 last night, and dang! there was still another section after all. I guess you had cleaned it up for me, based on my comments. :lol:

For the cover, I plan the same portrait of St John that I used for the Poetry of St John and The Ascent of Mt Caramel. Same font and layout, as I work through this "boxed set." I'll have it ready in a couple days, pending PL of course.

It's been a journey, for sure.

All my love and gratitude to the listeners that have waited patiently and sent along notes of encouragement. Your fidelity to these teachings inspired me when I'd become distracted and overwhelmed, sometimes, earning my daily bread, immersed in the life of my family. I had two granddaughters when I started this project. Now I have 5 little Munchkins running around in my heart. All girls! God bless you all.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And, the rest of the chapters are all PL OK!

I've done that, thought that I had a certain number of sections, but it ended up being another number. But, this workflow system is so easy to work with, I can add and take away with ease!

Off we go to the catalog! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-obscure-night-of-the-soul-by-saint-john-of-the-cross/

Great job, Ed! On to the next part! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!