COMPLETE SOLO Malcolm, by George MacDonald-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 21st, 2020, 4:17 pm 41 will be a challenge. In it, Malcolm narrates a long story. It looks like I've got about 18 pages of straight Scottish dialect to contend with. I will feel better when this chapter is behind me.
:thumbs:
aniroo :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 21st, 2020, 4:11 pm To that end, chapter 40 is now ready for PL!

In addition, I noticed while going back through my last few files that I'd used the long LV disclaimer for chapter 38 instead of the shortened one I'd been using for the others. I want to be consistent, so I changed to the shorter disclaimer and re-uploaded that one chapter. Just a spot PL of the beginning will be fine. Nothing else changed. Thank you!

Sections 38 and 40 are PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Look forward to hearing what's happening with Malcom again. :D

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I did it! 41 is ready for PL! :clap:

That was likely the most difficult chapter yet remaining. Now I get to enjoy a few chapters of a much more comfortable length and (hopefully) content. The next one has a bit of poetry! :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 6:19 pm I did it! 41 is ready for PL! :clap:

That was likely the most difficult chapter yet remaining. Now I get to enjoy a few chapters of a much more comfortable length and (hopefully) content. The next one has a bit of poetry! :D
Section 41 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

Nicely done. :D I was wondering if maybe it was easier to read a long section in one voice than to be switching back and forth between 3 or 4 people?

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 42 is up!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 25th, 2020, 9:34 pm Chapter 42 is up!

Section 42 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

A bonnie poem :D

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

43 and 44 are up! I'm on a roll!

(This will likely continue for the next week and a half. I'm being asked to stay home for 14 days, since I was exposed to someone who had COVID. I tested negative, but ya know... :roll:)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 27th, 2020, 9:59 pm 43 and 44 are up! I'm on a roll!

(This will likely continue for the next week and a half. I'm being asked to stay home for 14 days, since I was exposed to someone who had COVID. I tested negative, but ya know... :roll:)
Section 43 and 44 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs:

So sorry to hear about the Covid scare. Good thing to remain in quarantine in spite of the negative test. Those tests aren't 100% accurate, although I certainly hope that in your case it is. :thumbs:

I live in Montana and it was just last week that we had any postive Covid cases in my county. We're natural hermits under the best of times anyway, but it is hard to not see family.

Take care.
aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:hmm: Well, the next chapter is missing two pages. And then, flipping ahead, there are two more pages missing further on. :evil:

I abandoned the Gutenberg text because it was full of errors, and at the time, this seemed the best one I could find.

But now I've found this one, while looking to see if I could find those missing pages: https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.92116/ Flipping through, it looks to be exactly the same and intact. All the page numbers are there. And, a major plus, it is all one volume. I have been wondering, in fact, what we would do about the separate volumes, since there's only space to list one text source in the catalogue. But I believe I will switch to this one. I hate to switch texts midway through, and much less to do it twice, but I think we finally have a winner. :) :? :|
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: June 28th, 2020, 10:50 pm :hmm: Well, the next chapter is missing two pages. And then, flipping ahead, there are two more pages missing further on. :evil:

I abandoned the Gutenberg text because it was full of errors, and at the time, this seemed the best one I could find.

But now I've found this one, while looking to see if I could find those missing pages: https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.92116/ Flipping through, it looks to be exactly the same and intact. All the page numbers are there. And, a major plus, it is all one volume. I have been wondering, in fact, what we would do about the separate volumes, since there's only space to list one text source in the catalogue. But I believe I will switch to this one. I hate to switch texts midway through, and much less to do it twice, but I think we finally have a winner. :) :? :|
:thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

45 is ready.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:45 pm 45 is ready.
Section 45 PL OK :clap: :clap:

thanks,
aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

46 is ready! :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 6th, 2020, 9:03 pm 46 is ready! :D
Section 46 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HOpe your quarntine isn't getting you down too much. Not much longer?

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, today is my first day back at work. It wasn't too bad. I think I spent the extra time well, for the most part. :)