[COMPLETE] A Winter of Content by Laura Lee Davidson - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

A Winter of Content by Laura Lee Davidson ( - 0).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-winter-of-content-by-laura-lee-davidson/
A charming memoir recounting 10 months spent among the country people of Ontario at the outbreak of the Great War. Resplendent in its descriptions and heartwarming in its depictions of the 'simple' folk living along Many Islands Lake. (KevinS)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/62303
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography/Memoirs

Keywords that describe the book: Ontario, naturalist, simple living

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of A Winter of Content. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "A Winter of Content, by Laura Lee Davidson. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of A Winter of Content by Laura Lee Davidson. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of A Winter of Content, by Laura Lee Davidson. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename winterofcontent_##_davidson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. winterofcontent_01_davidson_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Please ignore tags. They are filled in automatically during the catalog process.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: linny
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I have recorded this book already and will be sharing it today with a friend who is scheduled to make a long train ride. I hope this won't be a problem. My recording has not been published elsewhere.

I'll be able to have this up relatively quickly as I just need to insert the proper intro and outro for each chapter.

Anyone who is Canadian, lives in Canada, knows a Canadian, or wants to know more about Canada ought to enjoy this book.

I tried to have it ready for Canada Day, but... Well, you know how things go.
linny

Post by linny »

Kevin,
I can MC this for you. Since you will have it completed so quickly you may want to advertise in Listeners Wanted.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: July 4th, 2020, 5:37 am Kevin,
I can MC this for you. Since you will have it completed so quickly you may want to advertise in Listeners Wanted.
Thank you!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I have to say that, for me at least, recording a book is not as much fun without the interplay between the recorder and the DPL.
reyeball

Post by reyeball »

Hi there,
Does this project need a DPL?
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: July 4th, 2020, 9:51 am I have to say that, for me at least, recording a book is not as much fun without the interplay between the recorder and the DPL.
I completely agree with you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reyeball wrote: July 4th, 2020, 10:08 am Hi there,
Yes, please. Your help will be much appreciated!
linny

Post by linny »

Added as DPL. Thank you for helping! If you haven't already reviewed the information for DPLing please do so: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

Have you accessed the MW before?

Please make sure this text is PD for you.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny, as far as I can tell, Ms. Davidson died in 1949. I searched hard for more information, but found nothing else but an obituary that might have been hers. All it gave was minimal information, not even a birthdate.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: July 4th, 2020, 11:31 am linny, as far as I can tell, Ms. Davidson died in 1949. I searched hard for more information, but found nothing else but an obituary that might have been hers. All it gave was minimal information, not even a birthdate.
Since it's a PG text I'm not worried. PG makes sure everything is PD for the US, I'm uncertain about the Canadian rules.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapters 1 through 17 uploaded.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

18, 19, and 20 uploaded! All ready for PL!
reyeball

Post by reyeball »

linny wrote: July 4th, 2020, 11:31 am
Added as DPL. Thank you for helping! If you haven't already reviewed the information for DPLing please do so: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

Have you accessed the MW before?

Please make sure this text is PD for you.
I have accessed the magic window before, thanks!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

reyeball wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:29 am I have accessed the magic window before, thanks!
I hope you enjoy this memoir as much as I did!