COMPLETE [Essays] Unicorns by James Huneker - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello Louise,
I was able to do the PL for your section 19. It is PL Okay and can be marked in the MW by admin. Your recording was a pleasure to listen to.

Thank you,
Lora
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

ADKreader1122 wrote: July 4th, 2020, 11:59 am Hi Owlivia,
I did the PL for your sections 24 and 29--very nice job! I have only one minor note for section 24; please increase the silence at the end to 5 seconds. Section 29 is PL okay and can be marked in the MW by the admin.

Thanks!
Lora
Hi, Lora, thank you!

Section 24 mended!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_24_huneker_128kb.mp3

run time: 8:44

best,
Owlivia/Deborah
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks, Owlivia. I hope you enjoyed your section. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
asikka8

Post by asikka8 »

Hi, I am new to this website! I was wondering if I could be the DPL for this project? If not, I am also okay with proof-listening to separate sections. I will start listening to a couple of sections as I wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.

-AS
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hello AS and welcome to LibriVox. I did the PL for a few sections but am glad for you to take on the DPL from here if admin. says okay. You will enjoy it!

Thanks,
Lora
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Section 24 is now PL Okay. Good luck with the project!

Thank you,
Lora
hertzm

Post by hertzm »

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_27_hunecker_128kb.mp3

Chapter 27 good to go! Runtime is 9:09. Hope you're doing well :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

asikka8 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 9:22 am Hi, I am new to this website! I was wondering if I could be the DPL for this project? If not, I am also okay with proof-listening to separate sections. I will start listening to a couple of sections as I wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.

-AS
Welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Of course you can dpl, have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

hertzm wrote: July 5th, 2020, 6:08 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_27_hunecker_128kb.mp3

Chapter 27 good to go! Runtime is 9:09. Hope you're doing well :)

Huge thanks. Would you like to read more chapters from this book?
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

I'd like to claim Section 22: Little Mirrors of Sincerity
It may take me a bit of time to complete; but not beyond the bounds of propriety. :lol:

I did not realize, initially, that it is several shorter articles. Would you like for me to read the introduction ("Unicorns," by James Huneker," plus the individual title) at the beginning of EACH article, or continue on to the next essay after a brief pause, announcing only the title? <- This last seems the most logical; I don't think anyone wouldn't realize they are all by the same author, but want to be sure what's right.

best,
Deborah/Owlivia
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.4 is up: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/unicorns_04_huneker_128kb.mp3 [45:10]
I know, we are not supposed to comment on accents, but if I make myself difficult to understand, please let me know, I'd be happy to make another effort :roll:
Last edited by chulsky on July 6th, 2020, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

asikka8 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 9:22 am Hi, I am new to this website! I was wondering if I could be the DPL for this project? If not, I am also okay with proof-listening to separate sections. I will start listening to a couple of sections as I wait for your reply. Thank you for your time.

-AS
Welcome to Librivox, AS! I have signed you up as the DPL for this project, which means you can access and update the Magic Window.
In order to access the Magic Window (from the "BC Admin" link below the magic window), you will need to create a password for the Workflow, the system which supports the Magic Windows. Here is a guide to log in for the first time creating a password: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_.E2.80.93_First_Time_Login

This guide should have everything related to Magic Windows, but as a DPL your main task is to toggle the Section Status, to PL OK or See PL notes, etc. Here's how: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Changing_the_status_of_a_section

Since you are new here, all this might feel overwhelming! You can still just listen and post your comments in the thread while you are getting used to everything. Then later on, it will be good to learn how to update the Magic Window!
The more you get involved, the more fun it is! :D

Please ask, if there are any questions.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Deborah, 22 is all yours. Please read the author's name in every intro. These are the librivox rules.
Mark, thanks for chapter 4. Would you like to record more chapters from this book?
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

miss stav wrote: July 6th, 2020, 1:12 pm Sure, Deborah, 22 is all yours. Please read the author's name in every intro. These are the librivox rules.
Mark, thanks for chapter 4. Would you like to record more chapters from this book?
Just to confirm: this would be to read the intro before every one of the individual essays WITHIN that section? Or only at the outset "chapter 22"?
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉