[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 11: Canada, South and Central America, Mexico, West Indies - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2020, 11:31 am
thank you again, Devorah, lovely reading as always and PL ok straight away. Kudos for managing the tongue-twisting names :thumbs: And I wonder why a tiger is mentioned, since they should be unknown in South America. Maybe they meant a jaguar and it was a bad translation. :lol:

Sonia
I wondered about the tiger as well. The names in this one gave me a bit of pause, but I actually found my last section (The Stolen Child) to be more difficult than this one, in that department.

I'll be waiting for the next volume! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 11:46 amHere's my section
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_088_tappan_128kb.mp3 duration 9:40
excellent narration again, Piotrek, thank you so much. It was very interesting hearing about the different groups of people here. The final story with the gaucho malo was extremely funny :lol: Flawless reading and PL ok right away :)

Sonia
StevenW

Post by StevenW »

I have uploaded Section 48, which is 12:21 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_048_tappan_128kb.mp3

After reading this section I think I might know why pickup trucks and cowboy hats are so stereotypical today in the Canadian prairies: the American influence dating back to the nineteenth century! That's something they didn't teach us about in my Canadian history classes. I contend that much of Canadian history, and identity, is about trying to differentiate ourselves from Americans. We aren't the same, but, like all cultures, we are all more similar than different. What a neat read!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

StevenW wrote: June 24th, 2020, 3:18 amI have uploaded Section 48, which is 12:21 in length.
thank you for the fast turn-around Steven, and what an agreeable narration this was :9: I really enjoyed the listen.

And word-perfect even :thumbs: what a treat. However I found a small technical error to correct:

> the sampling rate should be 44,100 Hz, you have 48,000

> from 12:03-12:07: four seconds of silence :shock: are a bit too long between the end of the chapter and the outro, I would trim this down to 1.5-2 seconds maximum
What a neat read!
I'm happy you liked your section. And it looks like there may be some orphans maybe before this project is done, so keep bookmarked to the thread, in case you want more ;)

Thank you

Sonia
StevenW

Post by StevenW »

Kitty wrote: June 24th, 2020, 4:00 am thank you for the fast turn-around Steven, and what an agreeable narration this was :9: I really enjoyed the listen.

And word-perfect even :thumbs: what a treat. However I found a small technical error to correct:

> the sampling rate should be 44,100 Hz, you have 48,000

> from 12:03-12:07: four seconds of silence :shock: are a bit too long between the end of the chapter and the outro, I would trim this down to 1.5-2 seconds maximum
What a neat read!
I'm happy you liked your section. And it looks like there may be some orphans maybe before this project is done, so keep bookmarked to the thread, in case you want more ;)

Thank you

Sonia
Hi Sonia, thank you for the quick turnaround! I didn't remember to even check my sampling rate. I have corrected that, and the long silence before the outro.

Now we're looking at a sampling rate of 44100 Hz and a length of 12:19.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

StevenW wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:40 amHi Sonia, thank you for the quick turnaround! I didn't remember to even check my sampling rate. I have corrected that, and the long silence before the outro.

Now we're looking at a sampling rate of 44100 Hz and a length of 12:19.
thank you, now all is PL ok :thumbs: another wonderful section in the box.

We're nearing the end. I need to get ready to launch the next book in the series soon.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia,

I'll have time this week to record my sections---I'll probably have something to hand in tomorrow. Won't be long now, nor do I think I need another extension.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:44 pmI'll have time this week to record my sections---I'll probably have something to hand in tomorrow. Won't be long now, nor do I think I need another extension.
8-) that's good news, thank you Tomas. As soon as your sections are in, I think I can really prep the next volume as you will give us a serious push towards the end.

Thanks ! Looking forward to your sections.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 4th, 2020, 3:20 pmHere are my sections, at last:
thanks, Tomas ! This is great. I will try to PL them all soon, but probably only will get to them tomorrow morning. But we are so close to finishing this that I think I will launch the next book in the series in the days to come. :9:

As to sections 107 and 108, they are up for grabs again, I got a PM from Pat who relinquishes them, I copy it here for further reference:
PatrS wrote:I am sorry to say I will not be able to complete the chapters I claimed. I have become more busy than I assumed.
Please open them up to someone who can.
Any volunteers ? Since we are so close to finishing, please only claim if you think you can do them in a timely manner.

Thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I can do them. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: July 5th, 2020, 9:31 am I can do them. Jim
:9: aww Jim, thank you so much. We'll stay fully claimed then.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 107. But I read it for some reason in the most obnoxious manner. If it is too much so, I am happy to re-record. Jim :roll:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume11_107_tappan_128kb.mp3

16:05

Sorry, it was too loud, so I had to fix that.
Last edited by neecheelok70 on July 5th, 2020, 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 4th, 2020, 3:20 pmHere are my sections, at last:
excellent reading job on all of these Tomas :thumbs: very interesting sections too. So did you learn about all these Canadian historical incidents in school, or were some of them unknown to you as well ?

All sections PL ok except 102, which has 10 seconds of silence at the end. Could you trim this down to the standard 5 please ?

Thanks

Sonia