(Complete) Legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bulfinch - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Ana,
Your voice is beautiful though in order to keep your recording flowing smoothly there are some edits for you to make. They may seem like an overload of edits though all recorders on LV have had to do the same when first starting out, please do not think it is just you as it is not. Please do the following edits than post the edited file with the new time in the thread. Thank you.
Section 2- The Peers, or Paladins
Edits follow:
* change file name to reflect 02, not 01. 01 is the introduction
*lengthy silent space, please reduce by 1 second
*19.5-Chapter 01- please change to chapter 2
*3:46 text is “seized from the attendants”. I hear “seized the attendants” please record sentence again as text shows.
*4:07 text is “with a cudgel”. I hear “with a curdgel”. Please record again.
*4:13 obvious intake of breath here. Please cut that out.
*4:36 delete entire footnote
*4:38 text “it is plain” I hear “it is in plain”. Please delete “in”
*8:31 text is “Roland was designated champion”, I hear Roland was “designed” champion. Please delete current and record as text shows.
*10:26-10:36 Repeat, please delete.
*11:26-11:30 lengthy silence, please delete 2 seconds here.
*11:43 loud breath intake, please remove.
*11:56.5 again as above
*12:09 Please re record “a superb horse” as it sounds like “ a suberb horse”
*12:52 Please re record the word untamable. The word is pronounced you could say with a nonexistent “e”. So it is “untameable “for pronunciation.
*15-53 Please re rerecord the sentence “"and neighing defiance.”
It is the word neighing that sounds awkward to me.
I hear nathing defiance.
*16:01 ""but the fierce animal broke the spear” is the text and I hear “ but the farce animal broke the spear”
Please re record with the text & delete the incorrect.
*16:23 text shows “that he was satisfied”. I hear “that he was satisweid”.
*16:37 I hear “and fell ashamed.”, should be “ and felt ashamed”. Please record with the “T” & delete current with no “T”
*16:40 I hear “thinking that he had struck freebly”, please record anew as text shows “he had struck feebly”
*16:45 text is “ to assume arms” & I hear “to azzume arms” please record as text and delete current.
*16:54 text is “ and the fierce horse felt it” I hear “and the farce horse felt it” Please record new and delete old
*17:41.8 indrawn breath, please delete.
*17:58 I hear “ it did not reach Orlando” text shows “ it is not Rinaldo”
*19:15.4 text is “ever restored to favor” and I hear “ever resorted to favor”. Please record text and delete current.
*20:37.5-20:39.5 long silence please cut out 1 second.
*20:47 text “ is completely restored to the favor” & not as sounds “were completely restorted to favor”. Record fix and delete old.
*please cut 1 second from end silence.

Side note here for you Ana,
This is what I do after my recording and before posting it on LV: I read along with it, text on my computer screen, paying attention to my overall recording. Ensuring that the text is sounding as it is shown on my screen. There are many steps to recording and this is just one that I have determined is an important one.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

section 12 edits:
15:00 please record "legends of Charlemagne by Thomas Bullfinch"
22:06 please delete two clicks at the very end of this recording
Paste the edited file in this thread with the new time as well.
Thank you,
April
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

adr6090 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 2:24 pm Ana,
Your voice is beautiful though in order to keep your recording flowing smoothly there are some edits for you to make. They may seem like an overload of edits though all recorders on LV have had to do the same when first starting out, please do not think it is just you as it is not. Please do the following edits than post the edited file with the new time in the thread. Thank you.
Edits follow:
*3:46 text is “seized from the attendants”. I hear “seized the attendants” please record sentence again as text shows.
*8:31 text is “Roland was designated champion”, I hear Roland was “designed” champion. Please delete current and record as text shows.
*12:52 Please re record the word untamable. The word is pronounced you could say with a nonexistent “e”. So it is “untameable “for pronunciation.
I hear nathing defiance.
*16:01 ""but the fierce animal broke the spear” is the text and I hear “ but the farce animal broke the spear”
*16:37 I hear “and fell ashamed.”, should be “ and felt ashamed”. Please record with the “T” & delete current with no “T”
*16:40 I hear “thinking that he had struck freebly”, please record anew as text shows “he had struck feebly”
*16:45 text is “ to assume arms” & I hear “to azzume arms” please record as text and delete current.
*16:54 text is “ and the fierce horse felt it” I hear “and the farce horse felt it” Please record new and delete old
*19:15.4 text is “ever restored to favor” and I hear “ever resorted to favor”. Please record text and delete current.
*20:47 text “ is completely restored to the favor” & not as sounds “were completely restorted to favor”. Record fix and delete old.

This is what I do after my recording and before posting it on LV: I read along with it, text on my computer screen, paying attention to my overall recording. Ensuring that the text is sounding as it is shown on my screen. There are many steps to recording and this is just one that I have determined is an important one.

April, I think I addressed all the issues, If not, please let me know, so I can work through them once again.

Here is the new link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_02_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Length: 20:26

Greetings,
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AnaNaumoska wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:33 am
Edits follow:
I hear nathing defiance.

April, I think I addressed all the issues, If not, please let me know, so I can work through them once again.

Here is the new link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_02_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Greetings,
Thank you. For most of us, it’s a steep learning curve. But stick with it and it will get easier :mrgreen:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

AnaNaumoska wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:33 am
Edits follow:
I hear nathing defiance.

Greetings,
Hello Ana,
Thank you for you diligent effort. I will pl this file & let you know the status.
April
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WalterLee wrote: June 28th, 2020, 8:08 am section 12
Re-edited
duration 22:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_12_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Thank you
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

WalterLee wrote: June 28th, 2020, 8:08 am section 12
Re-edited
duration 22:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_12_bulfinch_128kb.mp3
Wonderfully edited, thank you Walter. Pl okay now.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Ana,
Great job on the repairs. There are still a few to fix:
2:57 text is "thrashed rival" & not "treasured rival"-please record as text and delete current.
4:02 text is “with a cudgel”. I hear “with a curdgel”. Please record again.
12:12 My error here in the explanation on how to properly pronounce "untamebable", perhaps I should have said it is pronounced like "name" or "same" only with it being "tame". Please re-record.
16:04 "the skin of the horse was tuff", sounds like "the skin of the horse was so tuft"- please record again without the "T" sound.

Please do the above fixes and re-post with the current time in this thread.
Thank you, April
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

I can read for sections 8 and 9.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DJRickyV wrote: June 30th, 2020, 6:10 am I can read for sections 8 and 9.
Thank you
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AnaNaumoska wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 7:41 am Re-edit of section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_02_bulfinch_128kb.mp3

Duration: 20:26
Thank you
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Ana,
Wonderfully edited, now section 02 is pl okay.
April
adr6090 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:42 am Hello Ana,
Great job on the repairs. There are still a few to fix:
2:57 text is "thrashed rival" & not "treasured rival"-please record as text and delete current.
4:02 text is “with a cudgel”. I hear “with a curdgel”. Please record again.
12:12 My error here in the explanation on how to properly pronounce "untamebable", perhaps I should have said it is pronounced like "name" or "same" only with it being "tame". Please re-record.
16:04 "the skin of the horse was tuff", sounds like "the skin of the horse was so tuft"- please record again without the "T" sound.

Please do the above fixes and re-post with the current time in this thread.
Thank you, April
Dcharlot

Post by Dcharlot »

Hi - I'd like to sign up for chapter 7 The Invasion of France continued
if still available; new reader here. Pls find my sample below. :D Thank you!
read by dcharlot
00:44
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/charlemagne_07_bulfinch_128kb.mp3