[COMPLETE]The Wrong of Slavery by Robert Dale Owen-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
progressingamerica

Post by progressingamerica »

KevinS wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:51 pmCh. 5, please.

May I read "Part One, Chapter 5." That makes more sense to me, but I will do as I am told. Or maybe "Chapter 5 of Part One"?
I agree, part number, chapter number. I'll put you for chapter 5.

Saying chapter first, and then part, could give the impression that chapter 5 is broken down into multiple pieces.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

progressingamerica wrote: June 30th, 2020, 6:59 pm
KevinS wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:51 pmCh. 5, please.

May I read "Part One, Chapter 5." That makes more sense to me, but I will do as I am told. Or maybe "Chapter 5 of Part One"?
I agree, part number, chapter number. I'll put you for chapter 5.

Saying chapter first, and then part, could give the impression that chapter 5 is broken down into multiple pieces.
Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It seems that we are a bit short of PLers these days. I'll go ahead and move us out of the Launch Pad do that things can get rolling, but you may like to advertise for a DPL over in Listeners Wanted. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to do it for you.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Do you still need a DPL? If so, I will do it for you. If I DPL, can I still read a section? I would like chapter 6, if possible.

Thanks,

M
Last edited by mleigh on July 3rd, 2020, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 10:18 am Do you still need a DPL? If so, I will do it for you. If I DPL, can I still read a section? I would like chapter 6, if possible.

Thanks,

M
I'll be happy to PL any section you would like to record, mleigh.
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

May I have chapters 4, 7 and 8 please?

Laurence
progressingamerica

mleigh wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 10:18 am Do you still need a DPL? If so, I will do it for you. If I DPL, can I still read a section? I would like chapter 6, if possible.

Thanks,

M
Thank you, I'll add you to chapter 6. Did you mean section 1?
progressingamerica

laurencetrask wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 4:31 pm May I have chapters 4, 7 and 8 please?

Laurence
It looks like you are requesting based off of the section numbers in the MW, is this correct? One of these was requested just before by another user.

I put your name to two of these, please review and let me know if correct.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hello
Just checking to see if you were still in need of a DPL, because the tilde is still there.
Let me know!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

progressingamerica wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 7:28 pm

Thanks,

M
Thank you, I'll add you to chapter 6. Did you mean section 1?
Yes, I did mean the Chapter 6 in section 1. Thanks. Kevins has graciously volunteered to PL the chapter for me if I DPL the rest.

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I have a question regarding tables. There are two tables in Part 1, Ch 6. One is a short one with profit/loss figures based on the value of the slaves. (I cringe as I write this.) The other is a lengthier, even grimmer table, with numbers of individuals shipped and delivered, showing the % loss. Do we include these or not? The numbers do not appear elsewhere. I have no idea how to read a table.

Question on footnotes: Do we exclude the footnotes that only cite references and include those that have explanations, or do we include all, or none? I looked at other projects from the past and it seems that it has been done differently on different projects.

Thanks for any insight.

M
gulerdilanaz

Post by gulerdilanaz »

Hi, I would like to claim “Part 1, chapter 9: Touching the Causes of certain Marvellous Results”, if there is place available.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks,

M
I've put you in as DPL.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 4th, 2020, 6:31 am Hello
Just checking to see if you were still in need of a DPL, because the tilde is still there.
Let me know!
Sorry, you just missed it. It took me a day or so before I was able to change it.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

KevinS wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 10:33 am

Thanks,

M
I'll be e PL any section you would like to record, mleigh.
Thanks much for volunteering. I'll let you know when the section is ready for you to PL.

M