[COMPLETE] State of the Union Addresses 1889-1900 – m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

linny wrote: June 7th, 2020, 6:08 am Section 14-18 have been orphaned. There is a question as to if the readings are computer generated. No reply from the reader.
sigh
I really shouldn't.
But it's just killing me seeing this looong section just sitting here...beckoning me....mocking me...taunting me.
I really shouldn't.
I have that lingering Beethoven project and another paying project that I'm slouching on.
Oh alright.
Can I have the sections 14-18, please?
I can feel the wave of regret and the arthritic stiffness in trying to press the submit button.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 8:22 am I can feel the wave of regret and the arthritic stiffness in trying to press the submit button.
We finally got you. :wink:

14-18 assigned. Thank you! :clap:
FuzzballTheGreat

Post by FuzzballTheGreat »

Hi, I'd like to claim section 6 of this.

This is my first recording; I'd like to simply be listed as my Librivox username, FuzzballTheGreat.
signed, FuzzballTheGreat

My username is named after my cat, Fuzzball, and that makes me cool like Indiana Jones.
linny

Post by linny »

FuzzballTheGreat wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:21 am Hi, I'd like to claim section 6 of this.

This is my first recording; I'd like to simply be listed as my Librivox username, FuzzballTheGreat.
It would be lovely to have you join us but first please complete the one minute test. This is to ensure your settings are correct before you record longer sections for projects. You will find the information near to top of the first post for Newbies. Once you get your PL OK on your test, be sure to return here to claim a section.
FuzzballTheGreat

Post by FuzzballTheGreat »

linny wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:27 am
FuzzballTheGreat wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:21 am Hi, I'd like to claim section 6 of this.

It would be lovely to have you join us but first please complete the one minute test. This is to ensure your settings are correct before you record longer sections for projects. You will find the information near to top of the first post for Newbies. Once you get your PL OK on your test, be sure to return here to claim a section.
I'm now returned with my PL OK on the test recording. Could I please have section six?
signed, FuzzballTheGreat

My username is named after my cat, Fuzzball, and that makes me cool like Indiana Jones.
linny

Post by linny »

FuzzballTheGreat wrote: July 1st, 2020, 11:25 am I'm now returned with my PL OK on the test recording. Could I please have section six?
Absolutely! Please let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Please let me know what name you would like to have appear in the catalog and if you have a website you would like listed.
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

22:03 word change - On August 14 the capital was reached. After a brief conflict beneath the walls the relief column entered and the legations were saved.
I’m only noting this one because August 13th is mentioned in the next paragraph.

24:24 repeat - In Shan-tung and eastern Chi-li the task was difficult,

Happy 4th! Stay safe. :D
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

I would like to record sections 7, 8, and 9 please. This is Joanne Turner.
linny

Post by linny »

jhturner wrote: July 4th, 2020, 8:54 am I would like to record sections 7, 8, and 9 please. This is Joanne Turner.
Welcome back to LV! Thank you for helping out here.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14606 The Reader section details is a great way to keep track of your project claims.

Please let e know if you have any questions along the way.
linny

Post by linny »

I will begin to get ready for Roosevelt's first term. As a reminder, I usually launch the next project when the existing one is 100% claimed and 80% complete.
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: July 4th, 2020, 8:21 am
22:03 word change - On August 14 the capital was reached. After a brief conflict beneath the walls the relief column entered and the legations were saved.
I’m only noting this one because August 13th is mentioned in the next paragraph.

24:24 repeat - In Shan-tung and eastern Chi-li the task was difficult,

Happy 4th! Stay safe. :D
Added 3 days and chose one.
Happy Independece Day, and Happy Good Riddance Day to our British friends.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_14_various_128kb.mp3
Disclaimer:
linny

Post by linny »

realisticspeakers wrote: July 4th, 2020, 1:24 pm Added 3 days and chose one.
Happy Independece Day, and Happy Good Riddance Day to our British friends.
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_14_various_128kb.mp3
Spot check PL OK! :D
jhturner

Post by jhturner »

Section 7 of McKinley's 1898 address is posted here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_07_various_128kb.mp3

Joanne Turner
linny

Post by linny »

jhturner wrote: July 6th, 2020, 2:32 pm Section 7 of McKinley's 1898 address is posted here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/stateoftheunion_1897_1900_07_various_128kb.mp3

Joanne Turner
Great job! :D

A few minor edits but no recording necessary. :clap:

Please trim opening silence to 0.5-1.0 second. It’s currently ~2.5 seconds.

11:11 stumble - The result has been that the one has presented credentials only to the President of Costa Rica, the other having been received only by the Government of Guatemala.

12:46 stumble - The Nicaragua Canal Commission, under the chairmanship of Rear-Admiral John G. Walker, appointed July 24, 1897, under the authority of a provision in the sundry civil act of June 4 of that year,

13:53 stumble - and in particular those adopted by the Maritime Canal Company under its existing concessions from Nicaragua and Costa Rica,

Please trim ending silence to ~5 seconds. It’s currently ~7 seconds.