[COMPLETE][Philosophy]The Art of Worldly Wisdom, by Gracian - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Aha! Now I know why your recordings sound so clean and professional!
Actually stopped half way through Section. 30 to visit your web page, not at three o'clock in the morning, but might have been. What an entertaining story, but heart pounding. I would have gone with the machete first. My own encounter with one of those critters was out alone in the Arizona desert collecting rock samples (long story) I heard the rattle go of and I teleported 10 feet in a flash. Looked back, and there he as next to the shovel I dropped. Perhaps did presage some major transitions for me as well.

Are you going to do an audio book of Romancing the Sur? You really should.
I'll at least get me an ebook.

BTW, we did a summer program for kids in Saltillo that we called "Club Sonrisa!"

Oh, 24 and 31 are PL OK. 30 is just a bit outside our range at 92.3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thank you Larry. I have been working on creating an audiobook of Romancing the Sur for some time now - quite the learning curve. Your encouragement here on Librivox has helped! :D

I will never get used to rattlers - saw one again a few weeks ago, smack dab in the middle of a path I use all the time, coiled up, rattling and about to strike my dog - once again, saved by the pet warning system. This one I flipped ten feet off the path with a long stick, and it rattled at me furiously for several minutes. Yeah, I get it about teleporting! Sorting around at ground level with rocks and rattlers must have been a thrill. I've used shovels (and axes) to kill them in the past but that takes a certain level of adrenalin (stupidity?) so this time I just yelled at it and told it I'd chop its head off if I saw it again.

About to edit and send in section 32! I'm sad to say goodbye to Senor Gracian, he is such a wise, wily and genteel old monk. I have laughed out loud many times recording him - so much of human nature just doesn't change...

Thank you again (where is Saltillo? Mississippi or Coahilla, Mexico ?) :P
Wherever you are, always watch your step!
Warmly,
Linda
What is laughter? It is the glorious sound of a soul waking up. -- Hafez
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Thanks for the clarifications, Sonia. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_32_gracian_128kb.mp3 9 minutes, 27 seconds

Here is the last Maxim by Senor Gracian. What a treat!

Thank you so much for this opportunity and take good care,
Linda

PS is 30 OK?
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

re-uploaded section 30

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_30_gracian_128kb.mp3

same length, 9 mins 50 seconds
at 89.3 db Yay!

Have a great evening, and thank you again,
Linda
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Everything is PL OK!
But, stick around as there may be a few orphan sections to open up.....

Saltillo, Mexico. I have enough Spanish to get by, but only short trips to Spanish speaking countries as opposed to four years in Haiti and something like eight years in Korea at different times.

No rattlers on our vacation, but while standing on the porch of our cabin, I did have a bear saunter by in front of me within three feet. I proffered no greeting! We've had them in our yard here, but this one was so close!

Hope you will join is in some other LibriVox projects! :9:
~ Larry
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

OH my! I think a bear tops a rattlesnake...what an adventure you must be living!
Yes I'd love to join in other librivox projects - and if Kitty needs me to pick up any orphaned Gracian maxims I'm happy to do so.
Quiet times here on the mountain, sobering news all around here in Calif. so grateful for this recording community.
All best,
Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:57 amif Kitty needs me to pick up any orphaned Gracian maxims I'm happy to do so.
thank you Linda :) I'll bear you in mind in case some sections get orphaned. Please stay bookmarked to this thread, then you'll get notified.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:57 amif Kitty needs me to pick up any orphaned Gracian maxims I'm happy to do so.
well here is you chance at some more wisdoms by Gracian. I haven't heard back from reader Vanaja1026, so I will reassign Section 7 to you now. Have fun, and thanks again for offering :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Essssssss19 wrote:hello, i would like to read Maxims 241-250 no. 27 and Maxims 251-260 no. 28.
I would like to be known as Briney. ( my pseudonym )
in reference to this claim, I see that your one-minute-test is ok now :thumbs: so I have officially assigned you both sections now and opened your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/14600 You can see all your projects listed here and when you click on "Reader section details" you get a list of status of all the sections that you have claimed. It's very handy to keep track of your to-do-list. ;)

So, now happy recording. Please read the first post carefully, as you can find there all the details about correct intro/outro and filenaming.

I would suggest you post the first recording already as soon as it's finished and then wait for Larry's feedback, so in case there are errors, you will avoid making the same in the second recording ;)

Have fun !

Sonia
Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 »

Kitty wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 1:28 am
Essssssss19 wrote:hello, i would like to read Maxims 241-250 no. 27 and Maxims 251-260 no. 28.
I would like to be known as Briney. ( my pseudonym )
in reference to this claim, I see that your one-minute-test is ok now :thumbs: so I have officially assigned you both sections now and opened your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/14600 You can see all your projects listed here and when you click on "Reader section details" you get a list of status of all the sections that you have claimed. It's very handy to keep track of your to-do-list. ;)

So, now happy recording. Please read the first post carefully, as you can find there all the details about correct intro/outro and filenaming.

I would suggest you post the first recording already as soon as it's finished and then wait for Larry's feedback, so in case there are errors, you will avoid making the same in the second recording ;)

Have fun !

Sonia
Thank you very much. Have a lovely time.
briney87
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:57 am if Kitty needs me to pick up any orphaned Gracian maxims I'm happy to do so.
and here is also section 9 for your reading pleasure :) The reader hasn't replied to my PM either, so I will assign this section to you as well.

Thank you again for helping out here :9:

Sonia
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

Yay! happy to do them both - have done 7 (will submit manana) and now on to the other - thank you :D
Linda
Sonrisaj

Post by Sonrisaj »

you're welcome, Sonia! #9 is next.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/artofworldlywisdom_07_gracian_128kb.mp3

9 mins 6 seconds.

All the best,
Linda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Sonrisaj wrote: July 9th, 2020, 9:39 pm#9 is next.
9 mins 6 seconds.
thank you again, Linda. MW updated and Larry will PL when he gets around to them :)

have a nice weekend

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sonrisaj wrote: July 9th, 2020, 9:39 pm you're welcome, Sonia! #9 is next.

9 mins 6 seconds.

All the best,
Linda
PL OK :thumbs:
~ Larry