[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 025 - Poetry & Prose - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: June 28th, 2020, 5:49 amI love to hear languages that are close enough to other languages I know that I can vaguely understand them, but far enough that I feel like I'm venturing into a new world. I don't know if that might ring a bell... :mrgreen:
sounds like someone I know :lol:

Sonia
laurenlemay

Post by laurenlemay »

Kitty wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:41 am

Oh I almost forget...we need a few keywords to describe the poem, could you give us two or three please ?

Sonia
Hi Kitty
Great! Here are some keywords:
Mihai Eminescu
Poezii
Departe sint de time
Departe sunt de time
Poezia romaneasca

Also, when I record more, do I upload it/post in in this same thread?

Ana

I’
laurenlemay

Post by laurenlemay »

laurenlemay wrote: June 28th, 2020, 2:20 pm
Kitty wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:41 am

Oh I almost forget...we need a few keywords to describe the poem, could you give us two or three please ?

Sonia
Hi Kitty
Great! I’ll do that. I’m glad you like it. Here are some keywords:
Mihai Eminescu
Poezii
Departe sint de time
Departe sunt de time
Poezia romaneasca

Ana

I’
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thank you, Ana! I've added the keywords to the Magic Window. I'm assuming that you meant to include the title of the poem among the keywords, as it appears in the Title column of the MW -- or were these alternate spellings?

If you'd like to submit another recording to the Multilingual Short Works Collection, please check the forum Readers Wanted: Languages other than English to find the current volume. It could also be still on the New Projects Launch Pad or about to be launched. You're welcome to send me a PM if you're unsure.

Michael
Liber

Post by Liber »

Hi Todd, Sonia and Michael,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm still considering options and experimenting around. I understand that I am treading on thin ice here, I hope to come up with something decent asap :mrgreen:

Liber
MaricelaDiaz0788

Post by MaricelaDiaz0788 »

Kazbek wrote: June 26th, 2020, 7:26 pm
MaricelaDiaz0788 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:39 pm

¡Hola Michael!, se me cae la cara de vergüenza, sucede que tengo configurado el traductor automático y en tu firma decía Miguel y yo confiadamente me dirigí así contigo. ¡Una disculpa!
Sobre los estándares respecto a la selección de libros, no lo sabía, ¡muchas gracias por la aclaración!, ya entré a revisar la liga que me compartiste y pude ver la sección de las fábulas, en verdad me encantaría mucho comenzar a grabarlas. En este caso, ¿como podría hacerlo?, grabo una por una o varias. Quedo al pendiente de tus indicaciones para empezar de una vez.
¡Muchas gracias!
¡Hola Maricela!

Me encanta cuando alguien decide llamarme por el equivalente de mi nombre en su propio idioma. Además, leí tu nombre incorrectamente la primera vez...

Por lo general, recomendamos que los nuevos lectores comiencen leyendo algunas secciones para proyectos de colaboración. Veo que una colega está trabajando contigo en tu prueba de un minuto. Después de obtener una aprobación en tu prueba, puedes leer algunas fábulas para esta colección (quizás 2 o 3), una por una. Esto te dará una idea de cuánto tiempo lleva grabar y editar una lectura. Después de eso, si deseas grabar más fábulas, puedes comenzar un proyecto en solitario y puedes decidir cuántas fábulas deseas que contenga y si quieres colocar cada fábula en su propia sección o agruparlas. Debo advertirte que si deseas incluir la misma fábula en esta colección y en tu propio proyecto, tendrás que grabarla por segunda vez, porque no podemos incluir la misma lectura en dos proyectos.

¿Has visto nuestra guía para nuevos lectores?

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Gu%C3%ADa_Para_Nuevos_Lectores

Michael
Oh, bueno Miguel, me quedo más tranquila con lo de tu nombre, jajaja. Muy bien, si, de hecho en la prueba de un minuto me dieron varios consejos que ya apliqué, me sirvieron mucho porque jamás había usado audacity. Por lo que leí en las respuestas la prueba ya quedó bien. Debo decirte también que ya hice mi primer contribución de un capítulo en un proyecto colectivo y justo hoy vi que ya fue aceptado :D
Entonces, elegiré una fábula y seguiré el procedimiento que todos siguen para grabar y compartir.
Muchas gracias por todo!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

MaricelaDiaz0788 wrote: June 30th, 2020, 10:01 am
Oh, bueno Miguel, me quedo más tranquila con lo de tu nombre, jajaja. Muy bien, si, de hecho en la prueba de un minuto me dieron varios consejos que ya apliqué, me sirvieron mucho porque jamás había usado audacity. Por lo que leí en las respuestas la prueba ya quedó bien. Debo decirte también que ya hice mi primer contribución de un capítulo en un proyecto colectivo y justo hoy vi que ya fue aceptado :D
Entonces, elegiré una fábula y seguiré el procedimiento que todos siguen para grabar y compartir.
Muchas gracias por todo!
¡Felicidades, Maricela! Esperamos tu grabación. :)

Miguel
laurenlemay

Post by laurenlemay »

Kazbek wrote: June 28th, 2020, 2:31 pm
Thank you, Ana! I've added the keywords to the Magic Window. I'm assuming that you meant to include the title of the poem among the keywords, as it appears in the Title column of the MW -- or were these alternate spellings?

If you'd like to submit another recording to the Multilingual Short Works Collection, please check the forum Readers Wanted: Languages other than English to find the current volume. It could also be still on the New Projects Launch Pad or about to be launched. You're welcome to send me a PM if you're unsure.

Michael
Hi Michael. Yes the title has different spellings. One is older Romanian. I’ll check 6hat forum. Thanks
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

laurenlemay wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:55 am Hi Michael. Yes the title has different spellings. One is older Romanian. I’ll check 6hat forum. Thanks
Thanks for the clarification, Ana. I've entered the two alternate versions of the title from your message as keywords.

Michael
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

I would like to submit the first known piece of writing in historical Maltese, known as Il kantilena. It was written around 1470 by one Pietru Caxaru. I have recorded and uploaded it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf076_ilkantilena_caxaru_gc_128kb.mp3

I'd be grateful for any advice as to whether and how it can be posted publicly.

Thank you!

Falcon
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Falcon wrote: July 4th, 2020, 5:01 amI would like to submit the first known piece of writing in historical Maltese, known as Il kantilena. It was written around 1470 by one Pietru Caxaru. I have recorded and uploaded it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/snf076_ilkantilena_caxaru_gc_128kb.mp3
I'd be grateful for any advice as to whether and how it can be posted publicly.
:9: I would be thrilled to get to hear the my first section in Maltese. But we would need a public domain source, can you post us the link to the text online please ?

btw I merged your post into this thread as it's clearly where it fits :)

Sonia
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

Thank you, Kitty.

Here is the link to the text: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il-Kantilena

It was discovered in 1968. Does that mean it cannot be used, even if it was written in 1470?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi, Falcon.

Hmm, we can't use editions published after 1924, but we do have the original manuscript on that wiki page. If we can check that the manuscript text is the same as the text you read from, I think we should be ok... would you agree, Sonia? I would be great to have a recording of this. Let me know if you need help with this. It's a rare Maltese text I stand a chance of understanding, because the text is also written out in Arabic script, plus I have an English translation to make sense of differences from classical Arabic.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: July 4th, 2020, 6:02 amHmm, we can't use editions published after 1924, but we do have the original manuscript on that wiki page. If we can check that the manuscript text is the same as the text you read from, I think we should be ok... would you agree, Sonia?
I was thinking along the same lines, we do have the scan and it looks like an old manuscript. Obviously we need to read from that source, not from the wikipedia transcript. I think I can decipher it well enough to compare and maybe you could also compare it, Michael, so we both check this one.

But hold off for now, I am asking the opinion of the other admins, just to be on the safe side.

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Kitty wrote: June 28th, 2020, 1:50 am before this has filled up again (at such a rapid pace), here is another Luxembourgish contribution. Again, Sandra will come by soon and PL for me :)

"Fréjorsdoft" by Michel Lentz (1820-1893)
Text source: http://www.eluxemburgensia.lu/BnlViewer/view/index.html?lang=en#panel:pp|issue:2833780|page:89
File: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw025_freijorsdoft_lentz_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:01 min.
Keywords: nature, spring, poetry, fun

Sonia
I just listened to the poem, very nice, especially the ending. :mrgreen: Wonderful reading, sis, it's PL ok. :thumbs:

Sandra