COMPLETE: Birds Vol 1, No 6, June 1897 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16442
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Post by knotyouraveragejo » June 28th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Thanks, Kevin. :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 28th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Just a minor note -- in the intro, I hear, "recorded BY LIbriVox" instead of "FOR Librivox."
Oh, we also need, "This recording is in the public domain" at the end.
Last edited by silverquill on June 28th, 2020, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 28th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Lovely reading as always.

We just need the end of book outro:

If you read the last section, say (in addition):
"End of Birds, Volume 1, No 6, June 1897"
~Larry

KevinS
Posts: 8035
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 29th, 2020, 4:08 am

silverquill wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Just a minor note -- in the intro, I hear, "recorded BY LIbriVox" instead of "FOR Librivox."
Oh, we also need, "This recording is in the public domain" at the end.
What comes out of my mouth sometimes!

As for "This recording is in the public domain" at the end, Isn't that used for the short disclaimer? I'm happy to include it, but it is not in the instructions that I can see.
In a gadda da vida, honey

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 29th, 2020, 6:14 am

KevinS wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:08 am
silverquill wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Just a minor note -- in the intro, I hear, "recorded BY LIbriVox" instead of "FOR Librivox."
Oh, we also need, "This recording is in the public domain" at the end.
What comes out of my mouth sometimes!

As for "This recording is in the public domain" at the end, Isn't that used for the short disclaimer? I'm happy to include it, but it is not in the instructions that I can see.
You ARE using the short disclaimer for this, aren't you? That's what I hear at the beginning, anyway. The "public domain" has to be there somewhere.
~Larry

KevinS
Posts: 8035
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 29th, 2020, 6:22 am

silverquill wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:14 am
KevinS wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:08 am
silverquill wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 8:55 pm


Just a minor note -- in the intro, I hear, "recorded BY LIbriVox" instead of "FOR Librivox."
Oh, we also need, "This recording is in the public domain" at the end.
What comes out of my mouth sometimes!

As for "This recording is in the public domain" at the end, Isn't that used for the short disclaimer? I'm happy to include it, but it is not in the instructions that I can see.
You ARE using the short disclaimer for this, aren't you? That's what I hear at the beginning, anyway. The "public domain" has to be there somewhere.
I'll double check. What a mess I'm making of a short recording!
In a gadda da vida, honey

KevinS
Posts: 8035
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » June 29th, 2020, 6:32 am

In a gadda da vida, honey

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 29th, 2020, 6:53 am

KevinS wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:32 am
Here we go. (I hope!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjune1897_12_various_128kb.mp3 (1:55)
By Jove, I think you've got it!
Thanks.
~Larry

jennlea
Posts: 478
Joined: February 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Post by jennlea » June 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Lovely reading as always.

We just need the end of book outro:

If you read the last section, say (in addition):
"End of Birds, Volume 1, No 6, June 1897"
Thanks, Larry!

I even told myself not to forget it and yet somehow I did :roll:

Here is the updated section with the book outro:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjune1897_18_various_128kb.mp3
3:51
-Jenn B.


knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16442
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Post by knotyouraveragejo » June 30th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Thanks Betty. MW Updated.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 1st, 2020, 9:02 pm

jennlea wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm
silverquill wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Lovely reading as always.

We just need the end of book outro:

If you read the last section, say (in addition):
"End of Birds, Volume 1, No 6, June 1897"
Thanks, Larry!

I even told myself not to forget it and yet somehow I did :roll:

Been there; done that. 8-)

All is well now. Thanks so much.

Here is the updated section with the book outro:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdsjune1897_18_various_128kb.mp3
3:51
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 1st, 2020, 9:02 pm

~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 1st, 2020, 9:05 pm

Since our reader for Section 10 hasn't checked back in, I've taken the liberty of making the corrections to the volume and the silences. The audio isn't the best, esp. in the intro and outro, but probably passable. Let me know what you think. As long as that is acceptable. we have a wrap on June. :thumbs:

(I see already seven projects for July 1 completed) :D
~Larry

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16442
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 2nd, 2020, 2:22 pm

Congratulations Readers and Thanks Larry for PLing! This issue of Birds is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/birds-vol-i-no-6-june-1897-by-various/
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

Post Reply