COMPLETE - [PSYCHOLOGY] Collected Papers on Analytical Psychology by Carl Jung - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

FernandoBorrego wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:03 pm Hello Yuqing,

May I claim section 37?

Thank you,

Fernando
Yours now. Thanks Fernando!
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Section 36 ready for review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/personanalyticalpsychology_36_jung_128kb.mp3

running time 19 minutes, .181 seconds <-added for veracity; to be Exactly 19 minutes on the nose sounds... unlikely
:roll:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Owlivia wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:06 pm Section 36 ready for review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/personanalyticalpsychology_36_jung_128kb.mp3

running time 19 minutes, .181 seconds <-added for veracity; to be Exactly 19 minutes on the nose sounds... unlikely
:roll:
MW updated!
(You only need to report the time that appears when you click on the link. Maybe it'll save you some trouble! :lol: )
Cheers,
JustinVeras29

Post by JustinVeras29 »

hello could i claim sections 23,24,and 25?
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

JustinVeras29 wrote: June 30th, 2020, 1:37 am hello could i claim sections 23,24,and 25?
All yours now! Have fun reading and editing!
Cheers,
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

I would like to read Section 30. :) --Joshua
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: June 30th, 2020, 10:23 am I would like to read Section 30. :) --Joshua
That's a long one, Joshua! Thanks for taking up the challenge :wink:
Cheers,
shizzle4

Post by shizzle4 »

shizzle4

Post by shizzle4 »

May I claim section 31 as well?
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

Thank you. I noticed the prescribed Intro in the instructions does not include the Section number. It starts with "[Chapter]...", and the chapter is again repeated just before beginning to read the section. Should we first state the Section number at the very beginning? --Joshua
MajorHistory

Post by MajorHistory »

Hi Yuqing,

I need your input in regards to section 9 (and probably few other). Somewhere in the thread, I think it caught my eye being mentioned "not to read tables" and/or long lists, unless the content has great value. Please take a look:
CHAPTER II
THE ASSOCIATION METHOD
Loads of tables, graphs and lists.
Thanks,
Mike
COGITO ! , (cough... volunteering) ERGO SUM !, :)
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Hey shizzle, thanks for the quick turnaround - but you may have overlooked 2 key points from my response below!
YuqingJune wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 10:46 pm
shizzle4 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 9:10 am May I claim chapter XIII?
Wonderful - we have an aspiring clinical psychologist here now!
Can you submit your 1-minute test in the Listeners Forum first? This is just to make sure your settings are fine.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Once you get an OK for your test, you're good to go!

Also, what would your preferred "Display Name" be on your own LibriVox page? This can be different from your username here in the forum.
Feel free to tell us your personal website so that we can put a link there, too!

I'll reserve section 30 (CHAPTER XIII The Content of the Psychoses: Part I, Part 2) for you for the time being.
Have fun!
Firstly, you have yet to give me your preferred Display Name, which I'll need to enter you as a LV reader into our database. Right now even if I put the link to your recording into the magic window, there's no way for me to show that it's read by YOU!

Secondly, the section I reserved for you is section 30 (not 29) of chapter XIII, since VandalVinny has signed up for section 29 earlier already. She's probably working on her recording of section 29, so it's quite unfair if she doesn't get to present her work, yeah? :wink:

Please don't be discouraged or anything. You may take section 31 as you wish!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

jpseeger wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:32 pm Thank you. I noticed the prescribed Intro in the instructions does not include the Section number. It starts with "[Chapter]...", and the chapter is again repeated just before beginning to read the section. Should we first state the Section number at the very beginning? --Joshua
Sorry Joshua, when I noticed that the auto-generated template didn't actually suit OUR project here (a month ago), it was already quite late - a number of sections have been recorded in the particular way you mentioned.

I'm afraid we'll have to continue using this opening so as to ensure consistency. Do you think it's OK?

Thanks for the heads up!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

MajorHistory wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:34 am Hi Yuqing,

I need your input in regards to section 9 (and probably few other). Somewhere in the thread, I think it caught my eye being mentioned "not to read tables" and/or long lists, unless the content has great value. Please take a look:
CHAPTER II
THE ASSOCIATION METHOD
Loads of tables, graphs and lists.
Thanks,
Mike
As mentioned in the first post, I'd recommend reading the word list on page 96 (as mentioned in the first post) only.
Tables (e.g. p103, p112) are optional, but please do not attempt unless you're sure you can get the clarity across.

I do believe that if our listener is indeed interested to find out more, he/she will take the initiative to look through figures and tables that aren't read in our audiobook. If you think about it that way, you won't feel bad if many of those important diagrams etc. have to be taken away.

But ultimately, though, you may choose what to read at your discretion.
You can also take a look at how previous readers have handled the diagrams in their sections - this could be helpful!
Cheers,
jpseeger

Post by jpseeger »

YuqingJune wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:54 am
jpseeger wrote: June 30th, 2020, 7:32 pm Thank you. I noticed the prescribed Intro in the instructions does not include the Section number. It starts with "[Chapter]...", and the chapter is again repeated just before beginning to read the section. Should we first state the Section number at the very beginning? --Joshua
Sorry Joshua, when I noticed that the auto-generated template didn't actually suit OUR project here (a month ago), it was already quite late - a number of sections have been recorded in the particular way you mentioned.

I'm afraid we'll have to continue using this opening so as to ensure consistency. Do you think it's OK?

Thanks for the heads up!
Yes, it's ok. Just wanted to be sure. Thanks. :)