[COMPLETE]: There and Back by George MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hannah, I will bookend this piece, if you don't mind assigning me the first and last chapters.

Also, I want to follow up about your DPL. Did you decide that you will do that, or are you still thinking it over?

I'll do the PL of your files soon. Today, hopefully.
booksandchoco

Post by booksandchoco »

Hello, could I please claim section 12: Mortgrange? This would be my first recording. Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 2:05 pm Hi Devorah,
I just added four recordings to this project (chapters 8, 25, 32, and 56) and wondered if you were possibly interested in doing the PL of those for me since I can't PL my own work. If you're too busy, I can post over on "listeners and editors wanted."
These are all PL ok, and very nice to listen to! :D
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: June 30th, 2020, 9:45 am Hannah, I will bookend this piece, if you don't mind assigning me the first and last chapters.

Also, I want to follow up about your DPL. Did you decide that you will do that, or are you still thinking it over?

I'll do the PL of your files soon. Today, hopefully.
Thanks, Devorah... I have those claimed for you!

I eventually took away the tilde and will enjoy being DPL for this project. Thanks for checking.

And thank you for your PL work of my files!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

booksandchoco wrote: June 30th, 2020, 2:32 pm Hello, could I please claim section 12: Mortgrange? This would be my first recording. Thank you!
Hello, I will be glad to reserve this section for you. First, can you tell me how you would like your name to appear in the catalog? It can be the same as your forum username or anything else you like. And if you have a website you would like linked to your profile, I can enter that at the same time.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

csinclair wrote: June 30th, 2020, 6:11 am Section 4, at 22:18.

I amplified it some, but if it's still too quiet I can always read it again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_04_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thank you, csinclair! I will PL this soon.
~ Hannah
booksandchoco

Post by booksandchoco »

HannahMary wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:55 am
booksandchoco wrote: June 30th, 2020, 2:32 pm Hello, could I please claim section 12: Mortgrange? This would be my first recording. Thank you!
Hello, I will be glad to reserve this section for you. First, can you tell me how you would like your name to appear in the catalog? It can be the same as your forum username or anything else you like. And if you have a website you would like linked to your profile, I can enter that at the same time.
Thank you! I would like my name to appear as Lenore Rose, and I don't have anything else to link.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

booksandchoco wrote: July 1st, 2020, 3:04 pm Thank you! I would like my name to appear as Lenore Rose, and I don't have anything else to link.
Sounds good... you're all set Lenore Rose!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Section 3 has been orphaned as reader has not yet completed 1-minute-test and is not checking private messages for 2 months since placing claim.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

csinclair wrote: June 30th, 2020, 6:11 am Section 4, at 22:18.

I amplified it some, but if it's still too quiet I can always read it again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_04_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Thank you CSinclair! Your amplification brought it just within range, so the technical specs are PL OK. And the sound turned out well with only one area of background noise/clunks that are too close to words to edit out this time. But if you notice yourself making an extra noise when recording in future, I would just go ahead and clap 3 times to mark that location visibly on the waveform to be able to easily come back and edit out.

Thanks again, and I'll mark this section PL OK!
~ Hannah
booksandchoco

Post by booksandchoco »

Hello! Here is the recording for Chapter 12 - Mortgrange. File duration: 9 min, 17 sec. Please let me know if there is anything I can fix!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_12_macdonald_128kb.mp3
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

booksandchoco wrote: July 13th, 2020, 2:34 pm Hello! Here is the recording for Chapter 12 - Mortgrange. File duration: 9 min, 17 sec. Please let me know if there is anything I can fix!

Thank you! I hope to PL soon.
~ Hannah
rlafoy

Post by rlafoy »

I have chapter 10 ready. Please let me know if I need to do it again. For some unknown reason I am nervous about doing this (more mysteries of life - right?). I am hoping the first one will be the hardest and I can keep moving forward without trepidation.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_10_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Randy L
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

rlafoy wrote: July 14th, 2020, 1:16 pm I have chapter 10 ready. Please let me know if I need to do it again. For some unknown reason I am nervous about doing this (more mysteries of life - right?). I am hoping the first one will be the hardest and I can keep moving forward without trepidation.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/thereandback_10_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Randy L
Thank you, Randy! It does get easier with practice! You needn't worry about your first submission. I need to get my computer on tomorrow to check the technical specs on your file and chapter 12, but I have enjoyed listening through them already. There are only a couple steps for you to add so far.

Could you include the file duration with your note that contains your recording's link? That way we can compare your length with how it arrives to us and make sure the uploader didn't chop anything off on the way.

And this recording is just missing a bit of the intro. In between the "LibriVox dot org" line and the first word of the chapter text, please add:
"There and Back, by George MacDonald. Chapter 10."

There are so many details to learn your first time that it is easy to miss these little ones. But you'll find them becoming second nature soon!

I'll check the technical specs soon. And whenever you get that one line added in to your file (no need to redo the whole thing!), just upload it with the same file name (which will replace the old file online) and leave a note here with the new file duration.

And let me know if you have any questions along the way.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

booksandchoco wrote: July 13th, 2020, 2:34 pm Hello! Here is the recording for Chapter 12 - Mortgrange. File duration: 9 min, 17 sec. Please let me know if there is anything I can fix!

You did it, Lenore Rose - your first LibriVox recording is PL OK! Thanks so much for your help on this project. I enjoyed listening. Let me know if you see any more sections you'd like to claim.
~ Hannah