Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ch 4 PL OK
iharmonize2

Post by iharmonize2 »

Hello Lynnet,

I would like to claim Part 7 if possible, and to be credited as 'Gabu K'.

Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

iharmonize2 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:29 pm Hello Lynnet,

I would like to claim Part 7 if possible, and to be credited as 'Gabu K'.

Thank you!
Welcome to Librivox. Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

hello
i wish to claim chapter 8
thanks
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WalterLee wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:02 pm hello
i wish to claim chapter 8
thanks
Enjoy!
iharmonize2

Post by iharmonize2 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_07_russell_128kb.mp3

Chapter (section) 07 of My Danish Sweetheart Volume 1

Duration: 34:03
32.7MB

This is my first recording for LibriVox, and I enjoyed it very much! I understand that since I'm new, no matter how carefully I read instructions, there may have been something I have done wrong, and I apologize in advance for this, and ask for help if there is anything I need to rectify. Thank you for this honor!

Just in case, I will reiterate that I would like to be credited as 'Gabu K'.

Gabu
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

iharmonize2 wrote: July 11th, 2020, 12:54 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_07_russell_128kb.mp3

Chapter (section) 07 of My Danish Sweetheart Volume 1

Duration: 34:03
32.7MB

This is my first recording for LibriVox, and I enjoyed it very much! I understand that since I'm new, no matter how carefully I read instructions, there may have been something I have done wrong, and I apologize in advance for this, and ask for help if there is anything I need to rectify. Thank you for this honor!

Just in case, I will reiterate that I would like to be credited as 'Gabu K'.

Gabu
Thank you. I will check it within the next couple of days.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 7 PL OK

Please watch the volume. It was within the acceptable range, but only just 8-) This file is 91.8 dB and up to 92 is acceptable. We aim for 89.

The reading was very clear and nicely paced :thumbs:
merman22

Post by merman22 »

Hi, I'm interested in recording the last chapter if you don't mind a newbie doing it. (I'll do the 1-minute test before recording.) Happy to take feedback and rerecord if needed. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

merman22 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:00 pm Hi, I'm interested in recording the last chapter if you don't mind a newbie doing it. (I'll do the 1-minute test before recording.) Happy to take feedback and rerecord if needed. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Welcome to Librivox.
Yes, please do the test first, and read the guide to recording. I’ll get you entered into the catalog and signed up for that section.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphaned section
cmiller27

Post by cmiller27 »

Hi Lynnet, I can read section 6
Courtney Miller
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cmiller27 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 10:26 am Hi Lynnet, I can read section 6
You’ve got it!
merman22

Post by merman22 »

Lynnet wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:28 am
merman22 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:00 pm Hi, I'm interested in recording the last chapter if you don't mind a newbie doing it. (I'll do the 1-minute test before recording.) Happy to take feedback and rerecord if needed. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Welcome to Librivox.
Yes, please do the test first, and read the guide to recording. I’ll get you entered into the catalog and signed up for that section.
Hi, I think I've finished more or less. The recording is here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_09_russell_128kb.mp3

I uploaded a bad version that I replaced, and so the previous version needs to be deleted. Are you able to do that? Here's the link to the old one:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_09_russell_128kb2020_07_26_18_46_40.mp3

I completed the 1-minute test, but I'm not sure they actually checked the decibels. I think this submission is in the right range, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, I'm not sure if the recording quality in terms of the mic is okay or not. If not, I'm happy to look into getting a better mic and rerecording. Also, I welcome any feedback on the delivery, prounciation, etc. I went for a more steady reading rather than a more dramatic one, so I hope it's not too slow and too much of a monotone, and for the sailors' accents I went with as literal a pronunciation of how it's written as possible rather than trying to make it sound like a real accent. Hope that's all right!

Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

merman22 wrote: July 26th, 2020, 11:52 am
Lynnet wrote: July 13th, 2020, 7:28 am
Welcome to Librivox.
Hi, I think I've finished more or less. The recording is here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_09_russell_128kb.mp3

I uploaded a bad version that I replaced, and so the previous version needs to be deleted. Are you able to do that? Here's the link to the old one:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mydanishsweetheart1_09_russell_128kb2020_07_26_18_46_40.mp3

I completed the 1-minute test, but I'm not sure they actually checked the decibels. I think this submission is in the right range, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, I'm not sure if the recording quality in terms of the mic is okay or not. If not, I'm happy to look into getting a better mic and rerecording. Also, I welcome any feedback on the delivery, prounciation, etc. I went for a more steady reading rather than a more dramatic one, so I hope it's not too slow and too much of a monotone, and for the sailors' accents I went with as literal a pronunciation of how it's written as possible rather than trying to make it sound like a real accent. Hope that's all right!

Thanks!
Thank you.
As you can see from my signature, I’m headed out of town, but I will try and listen before I go.
In the meantime, rest assured:
We automatically use the most recently uploaded version. However older versions can still be retrieved if needed. And yes, I can delete the older one from the server. We usually do that when the project is complete “just in case” — although sometimes we get the urge to do a bit of housecleaning (rarely in my case...)
As for your test... the volume is one of the things they check :thumbs: They also look at bit rate, stereo vs. mono, background noise, plosives and a number of other things that affect quality. Depending on who checked your test... if they were experienced and knew what they were doing 8-) Unfortunately, sometimes we get people who really have no clue who think they are helping, but usually that gets picked up by an admin.