[COMPLETE] Radio Boys in the Secret Service by J. W. Duffield - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kyouhanaie

Post by kyouhanaie »

Hello, I would like to do chapter 6 please. My test recording was approved and this will be my first real recording. You can use kaylawhy as my name. Thank you!
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

Lector1 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 11:12 am
ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm Hi,

I'd like to claim chapter 23, Taking the ''Wireless'' Out of ''Wireless Shoes'', please.

I haven't done many Librivox recordings in a while, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The instructions say to read numbers 6 through 8. I don't see those numbers. Is part of the post cut off?

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,
I just finished prooflistening your recording. Your reading is good. I checked your waveform and your volume and they both also look good.
0:23-0:26: end of recording silence is only 3 seconds; it should be five. All you need to do is go back to your Audacity file, hit record again, wait a couple of seconds, and then hit stop again.
Other than this, I don't think you have any other problems You did a great job!
I didn't notice this the first time, but you have no silence at the beginning of the recording. Please add about half a second to the beginning.
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

ryfink wrote: June 21st, 2020, 8:19 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/radioboyssecretservice_23_duffield_128kb.mp3(10:26)

I had fun with this. Thanks! :)

Just so I know for in the future, if I only want to overwrite part of a recorded section in Audacity, how do I do it? Every time I press record, it jumps to the very end and starts recording from there.
Hey Ryan,
I believe you record the audio at the end, select it like you would if you were trying to amplify it, click Edit, and then select cut or copy, whichever you need. Then you select the text you want to overwrite, click Edit again, and hit paste. That's what I did. I was recording for one project and I said the wrong chapter number, so I recorded the audio at the end, selected it, used the cut feature, selected the text I wanted to overwrite, and hit paste. It came right up.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lector1 wrote: June 25th, 2020, 9:07 am Sorry, I didn't see that those sections were already assigned. I can take 19 and 20
Sure!
You are added.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

kyouhanaie wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:53 pm Hello, I would like to do chapter 6 please. My test recording was approved and this will be my first real recording. You can use kaylawhy as my name. Thank you!
Great!
I've added you to the LibriVox catalog. Just click on the MW to view your personal page where you can track all of you LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

You have Chapter 6 to record.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lector1 wrote: June 27th, 2020, 11:05 am
ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm Hi,

I'd like to claim chapter 23, Taking the ''Wireless'' Out of ''Wireless Shoes'', please.

I haven't done many Librivox recordings in a while, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The instructions say to read numbers 6 through 8. I don't see those numbers. Is part of the post cut off?

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,
I just finished prooflistening your recording. Your reading is good. I checked your waveform and your volume and they both also look good.
0:23-0:26: end of recording silence is only 3 seconds; it should be five. All you need to do is go back to your Audacity file, hit record again, wait a couple of seconds, and then hit stop again.
I didn't notice this the first time, but you have no silence at the beginning of the recording. Please add about half a second to the beginning.
Let me jump in here.
There is no minimum amt of silence needed at the beginning, just a maximum of one second, There is about a 1/4 second which is just fine. But, we do need about 5 seconds at the end, and there is only about 2 1/2 seconds, so that should be added
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ryfink wrote: June 21st, 2020, 8:19 pm [

Just so I know for in the future, if I only want to overwrite part of a recorded section in Audacity, how do I do it? Every time I press record, it jumps to the very end and starts recording from there.
You can't record over a file in Audacity.
It is best to record what you to overwrite in a separate file, the copy and paste it over what needs to be replaced. Patches usually end up sounding like patches, so it is best to record a phrase or a sentence to make is less noticeable, and trying for the best match possible with tone and volume. Doesn't have to be perfect by any means.
~ Larry
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

silverquill wrote: June 27th, 2020, 4:56 pm
Lector1 wrote: June 27th, 2020, 11:05 am
Hi Ryan,
Let me jump in here.
There is no minimum amt of silence needed at the beginning, just a maximum of one second, There is about a 1/4 second which is just fine. But, we do need about 5 seconds at the end, and there is only about 2 1/2 seconds, so that should be added
Sorry about that. I'm new at PLing.
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

silverquill wrote: June 27th, 2020, 4:40 pm
Lector1 wrote: June 25th, 2020, 9:07 am Sorry, I didn't see that those sections were already assigned. I can take 19 and 20
Sure!
You are added.
I don't know if you saw this in my first post asking to claim sections, but I am the DPL for this project. Is is still okay for me to record? If I can, do I need to PL my own recording or does someone else need to do it?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lector1 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:21 am
silverquill wrote: June 27th, 2020, 4:40 pm
Sure!
You are added.
I don't know if you saw this in my first post asking to claim sections, but I am the DPL for this project. Is is still okay for me to record? If I can, do I need to PL my own recording or does someone else need to do it?
We're having some issues here. :hmm:
The message you quote here is my acknowledgment of your request and you should see this reflected in the MW.

I'm sorry I didn't address the issue of PL. We CANNOT proof our own recordings (although we do before we submit them, of course). It is fine to read for a project when you are DPL. Usually the MC (me in this case) will PL or there will be another volunteer. I'll be glad to PL your sections.
~ Larry
kyouhanaie

Post by kyouhanaie »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

kyouhanaie wrote: June 28th, 2020, 3:31 pm Here is chapter 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/radioboyssecretservice_06_duffield_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
Thank you!
Could you give us the file length? mm:ss
~ Larry
Shruti612

Post by Shruti612 »

May I claim Section 3?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Shruti612 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 7:40 am May I claim Section 3?
You have Section 3 to record.
Thank you!
~ Larry
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

I just tried proof-listening section 5, but it came up with this message when I clicked the link (it also did this in the MW):
The requested URL was not found on this server.