COMPLETE: Dracula, by Bram Stoker - AF/kr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

>>Does Real Player let you record or is that just for listening? <<

Real Player just lets you listen, Rachel. Last time Kara finished a chapter and I listened in Real Player, it cut off the last couple of seconds of her recording, so we thought it might be a good idea to leave a little dead air at the end of each file to compensate. None of the other programs either of us have tried have done that.

The next chapter Kara recorded, in which she left some dead air at the end, came out fine with Real Player.
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
Max452

Post by Max452 »

pberinstein wrote:>>Does Real Player let you record or is that just for listening? <<

Real Player just lets you listen, Rachel. Last time Kara finished a chapter and I listened in Real Player, it cut off the last couple of seconds of her recording, so we thought it might be a good idea to leave a little dead air at the end of each file to compensate. None of the other programs either of us have tried have done that.

The next chapter Kara recorded, in which she left some dead air at the end, came out fine with Real Player.
I did think RL was just for listening. I will leave some dead air at the chapter's end also. I DLed the Sound Studio demo last night, but haven't opened it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a try tonight. ;] Rachel
"A room without books is like a body without a soul" - Cicero
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

paula i'll take 11-12
rfrancis

Post by rfrancis »

Greetings. I've been way behind on Thucydides so it is PERFECTLY okay if I'm told "let's not assign you something else just now," but I am a big fan of vampires (hey, just did a podcast about them on Halloween!) and I would hate myself if I missed out entirely on this one. So I would like to ask for just chapter 21 for now.

Thanks, and truly I will understand if not,

-R
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

random, we're a pretty understanding lot around here, so don't sweat it!
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Chapter 21 is yours, RandomDad.

I know what you mean about being behind. Like an idiot, I said I'd finish David Copperfield by March 1st. I haven't even started it yet.
Paula B
GordMackenzie

Post by GordMackenzie »

Gord Mackenzie
gord[dot]mackenzie[at]gmail.com
Librivox Wiki Page: [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/GordMackenzie]GordMackenzie[/url]
ajikan81

Post by ajikan81 »

Can I have chapter 8? I know it's only one chapter but it's my first time. If it goes well, I'll do more.

:)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Thanks for the chapter, Gord. I will take a listen.

And for you ajikan81, chapter 8.
Paula B
Max452

Post by Max452 »

hugh wrote:random, we're a pretty understanding lot around here, so don't sweat it!
That's good to know! ;] I have Chapt 4 done but am having some trouble editing it with the Sound Studio program. I'm fairly new to all this, and haven't really done much editing yet.

I will have my new Garage Band software in about a week, and may just redo it in that program, as the SS demo will only let me open it a couple more times. I think I'll still be able to complete the three chapters I signed on for - especially once I get the hang of editing. I'm sure it'll go quickly for me then - I'll also have more 'Help' options with GB. Rachel
"A room without books is like a body without a soul" - Cicero
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Hi,

I'll take chapter 9- and maybe more later, after I get a chance to play around with the editing...
Andrea
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Thanks, Andrea! I've got you assigned to chapter 9 now.
Paula B
sihaya_m

Post by sihaya_m »

Hi! Absolute newbie here, but I'd love to do a chapter from Dracula for my first time.

I'll sign up for chapter 22, please.

I'll do the downloading of software etc. and read up on the reading tips etc. Meanwhile, just warning you ... I'll be back with LOTS of questions! :D

thanks!
geetu
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

we're pretty good at answering ... have fun!
johngon

Post by johngon »

I'd like to take Chapter 16. I just heard about this project and find it fascinating.