[GRP] The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV - kiki

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
bpeters16
Posts: 22
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 12th, 2020, 10:51 pm


linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 13th, 2020, 9:44 am

You did a great job!

I suspect you may have cut out a bit during the editing process. Two pickups are needed.

0:24 missing part of the intro - "The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV. Translated by Jonathan Scott. Section 37

9:43 missing text – The lady, moved by this remonstrance, replied, "Most virtuous princess, would that for your sake I were of the sex you suppose me; but, alas! I am like you a woman, disappointed in love."

bpeters16
Posts: 22
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 13th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Thanks! I will get those fixes done and get it back uploaded soon.

5Tommy00
Posts: 114
Joined: October 12th, 2017, 7:27 am

Post by 5Tommy00 » May 17th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Here's Section 43 again. Sorry it took so long--I thought I had sent the correction before but I must've missed a step, but that would indicate operator error and, well, I just don't buy that!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/arabiannights04_43_annoyous_128kb.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 17th, 2020, 1:19 pm

5Tommy00 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Here's Section 43 again. Sorry it took so long--I thought I had sent the correction before but I must've missed a step, but that would indicate operator error and, well, I just don't buy that!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/arabiannights04_43_annoyous_128kb.mp3
I agree, I'm sure it wasn't operator error. :wink:

Thank you for the edit. Spot check PL OK. :D

bpeters16
Posts: 22
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 19th, 2020, 8:34 pm

linny wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 9:44 am
You did a great job!

I suspect you may have cut out a bit during the editing process. Two pickups are needed.

0:24 missing part of the intro - "The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV. Translated by Jonathan Scott. Section 37

9:43 missing text – The lady, moved by this remonstrance, replied, "Most virtuous princess, would that for your sake I were of the sex you suppose me; but, alas! I am like you a woman, disappointed in love."
Here are the edits as requested.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3 16:20

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 22nd, 2020, 6:38 am

bpeters16 wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:34 pm
Here are the edits as requested.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3 16:20
Spot check PL OK. Thank you! :D

frankjiang22
Posts: 5
Joined: April 29th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Post by frankjiang22 » June 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm

Hi, could I read section 39?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 4th, 2020, 7:03 am

frankjiang22 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm
Hi, could I read section 39?
Absolutely!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 7th, 2020, 6:56 am

linny wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:27 am
Hello Elizabeth,
All reading issues are spot check PL OK.

Unfortunately there are still the technical issues to be addressed.

All ending silences need to be extended to 5 seconds. Zoom in on the audio, copy and paste from the existing silence until you get to 5 seconds.

All sections need to be noise cleaned.

All sections are too high in volume; 98.6, 96.1, 95.8 respectfully. Please lower the amplification by -9, -7, -7 respectfully.

When you upload your corrections please correct the file name on 27. There is and extra -1-1 at the end of the current upload.

If you are having problems making the technical changes please let me know what software you are using and I will try to assist further.
No reply from reader. Claim period expired. Changes made and uploaded.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 7th, 2020, 7:01 am

lraggi wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hi, I would like to read The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou. 4-8, please.
Reader has not logged on since April. Claim period has expired. Sections orphaned.

Kalamareader
Posts: 568
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 27th, 2020, 5:03 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
That would be wonderful! Thank you. :thumbs:

Kalamareader
Posts: 568
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 27th, 2020, 9:55 am

linny wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 5:03 am
Kalamareader wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
That would be wonderful! Thank you. :thumbs:
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_38_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:06

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13871
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 28th, 2020, 12:59 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:55 am
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_38_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:06

Wayne
Excellent reading. I enjoyed listening. PL OK

Post Reply