COMPLETE A Day's Journey by Netta Syrett - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Vorpaldiva wrote: June 9th, 2020, 9:13 am I would like to claim section 6. I am a first time recorder. I have already configured audacity and will be completing a 1 minute test before beginning this project. I would like my name to listed as Chelsea Mendenhall. I am excited! Thank You

Welcome to Librivox. Sure, chapter 6 is all yours.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ProfoundMenace

Post by ProfoundMenace »

miss stav wrote: June 8th, 2020, 4:18 am
ProfoundMenace wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:49 pm Hi, I'm new to this and looking for my first project to work on. Can I please do the first 3 chapters? They appear to be open unless I am misunderstanding. You can refer to me by the pseudo name ProfoundMenace.

Thank you and let me know if I'm not doing this right.

Hi, welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. The first 3 chapters are all yours. However, before you proceed, please submit a one- minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct. Regards,
Stav.

I submitted my 1 minute sample. Please let me know if the settings are correct and what I can improve. Thank you. ProfoundMenace
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you! Whenever you submit a recording, the uploader gives you the link to your uploaded file. Please always copy the link to post in the forum, along with the duration of the recording.
If you haven't kept the link, you could repeat the process to get the link and post it in "Listeners Wanted" viewforum.php?f=21 for a more technical check. When posting the link there, also mention your recording software and operating system to get personalized advice.

How was your first recording experience? :D
ProfoundMenace

Post by ProfoundMenace »

Sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. I relistened to my test and I think I can improve a bit already - I think my clock is louder than I thought haha. Give me one more day to try again :)
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Greetings!
I can be your DPL if you'd like.... let me know
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Rita, that would be lovely.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ProfoundMenace

Post by ProfoundMenace »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 12th, 2020, 10:16 am Thank you! Whenever you submit a recording, the uploader gives you the link to your uploaded file. Please always copy the link to post in the forum, along with the duration of the recording.
If you haven't kept the link, you could repeat the process to get the link and post it in "Listeners Wanted" viewforum.php?f=21 for a more technical check. When posting the link there, also mention your recording software and operating system to get personalized advice.

How was your first recording experience? :D
Here is my 1 minute test. It's actually 1:05. I am using Adobe Audition. I haven't done anything like this before so any suggestions would certainly be appreciated. I believe this is the link -> https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/The_Days_Journey-_ProfoundMenace_-_1_min_test.mp3

Thank you!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Profound Menace!

Yes the link works!
You have the correct specs, and a nice clear sound. But the volume is way low. In numbers it would need to go up by about 20dB to reach desired range of around 89-90dB
I'm actually not familiar with Adobe Audition, but you could check if it has a setting for microphone input volume that you could increase.
Also check your system's control panel for sounds and microphones, for a setting that increases the microphone's input volume.
Then maybe Adobe Audition has an Amplification tool to help you increase further if needed.
For someone who is doing it for the first time, it sounds great! :thumbs:
I think you'll find the Checker tool useful: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker to measure the volume of your recordings

Let me know if you need more help, or when ready, upload a new recording to check the volume again! Thanks!
ProfoundMenace

Post by ProfoundMenace »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 16th, 2020, 1:46 pm Hi Profound Menace!

Yes the link works!
You have the correct specs, and a nice clear sound. But the volume is way low. In numbers it would need to go up by about 20dB to reach desired range of around 89-90dB
I'm actually not familiar with Adobe Audition, but you could check if it has a setting for microphone input volume that you could increase.
Also check your system's control panel for sounds and microphones, for a setting that increases the microphone's input volume.
Then maybe Adobe Audition has an Amplification tool to help you increase further if needed.
For someone who is doing it for the first time, it sounds great! :thumbs:
I think you'll find the Checker tool useful: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker to measure the volume of your recordings

Let me know if you need more help, or when ready, upload a new recording to check the volume again! Thanks!
Perfect, thank you! I will start recording and check the dB as I go with that tool. Audition probably has an amplification tool but I'm going to have to learn how to use it :)
sandraberrospi

Post by sandraberrospi »

HI I'm new to Lbrivox but I would like to read for chapt 7 in The Day's Journey by Netta Syrett (1865 - 1943).
hope to hear from you soon Thanks

<3 Sandy
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Sandy, have fun. As I wrote to you in another project, please submit a sampal recording and let us know how to credit you in the catalogue.
felicia0wang

Post by felicia0wang »

As I was editing, I suddenly realized that whenever "Mrs. Summers" appears in the text, I read "Miss Summers" instead of "Misses Summers". Should I rerecord the parts where I made this mistake or does it not make a big difference?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Yes thank you. It changes the meaing of the text. The lady would appear in other chapters and there should be some consistancys.
Vorpaldiva

Post by Vorpaldiva »

Curious to know if you are all using an English accent when you read. My natural accent is American.
felicia0wang

Post by felicia0wang »

Vorpaldiva wrote: June 29th, 2020, 1:28 pm Curious to know if you are all using an English accent when you read. My natural accent is American.
Hmm I didn't think about that before recording. I just stuck with my natural accent, which is Canadian :D