COMPLETE Exposition Psalms 1 - 36 (Vol 1) St Augustine-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

mightyfelix wrote: June 25th, 2020, 7:34 am
Kinghezy wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:23 pm I will try tackling Psalm 12, if available. (I assume we will don't read the notes on the margins.)

Name in catalog can be username.
Great, you're in! Yes, you can ignore the stuff in the margins. Here is your brand new reader page------> https://librivox.org/reader/14565 Currently, you'll only see this project, but eventually that page will list all projects you've read for, both completed and in-progress. You can get to it by clicking your name in the MW for anything you're signed up for.
Thanks. Couple questions/comments:
  • It appears like this reading is listed as SOLO still (in case that matters)
  • It says in the intro to say "Psalms [number] of Exposition on the Book of Psalms.." . So I intrepret that as to say "Psalms 12". Should it rather be "Psalm 12" (no s at the end), since it's singular?
  • Is the "Exposition on the Book of Psalms by Saint Augustine of Hippo. Translated by Philip Schaff (1819 - 1893) [Chapter]" needed? (It seems redundant to the first item where the title is already stated.)
  • For the "End of [Chapter]", should we be using "Psalm #" in place of chapter?
Thanks, and sorry for the questions. Trying to make sure I understand the directions.
Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kinghezy wrote: June 25th, 2020, 12:11 pm Thanks. Couple questions/comments:
  • It appears like this reading is listed as SOLO still (in case that matters)
  • It says in the intro to say "Psalms [number] of Exposition on the Book of Psalms.." . So I intrepret that as to say "Psalms 12". Should it rather be "Psalm 12" (no s at the end), since it's singular?
  • Is the "Exposition on the Book of Psalms by Saint Augustine of Hippo. Translated by Philip Schaff (1819 - 1893) [Chapter]" needed? (It seems redundant to the first item where the title is already stated.)
  • For the "End of [Chapter]", should we be using "Psalm #" in place of chapter?
Thanks, and sorry for the questions. Trying to make sure I understand the directions.
No need to apologize! I welcome your questions. Some of them were things I had missed. :wink:

You're right, I'd forgotten to change it from Solo to Collaborative, great catch! This is now fixed. :thumbs:

I've emended the disclaimers. You're right, you'll read it as Psalm 12. In the first post, though, I've written [Section title] instead, because some of the Psalms had to be split over two or three sections, and we'll want the intros to distinguish them.

For your question #3 above, yes, we need that. (I have removed the translator's birth and death years, though. No one needs to hear that with every section.) The first statement of it is a kind of shortened version, to help you immediately hear whether or not you're listening to the right section, if you're skipping through them. (If you go back and listen to older LV recordings, you'll have to listen to the entire PD statement first before hearing what section it is.)

Did I answer all of your questions?
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

mightyfelix wrote: June 25th, 2020, 1:41 pm Did I answer all of your questions?
I think so, thanks. Here's what I am thinking, where bold is what changes per section/person and underline is the optional. Look right?

Schaff, I am assuming is pronounced like "shaft" but without the "t".

INTRO

Psalm 12 of Exposition on the Book of Psalms. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Chris. Exposition on the Book of Psalms by Saint Augustine of Hippo. Translated by Philip Schaff. Psalm 12

END

End of Psalm 12
Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Looks great! :thumbs:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Kinghezy, I've heard "Schaff" as both "shaft" withOUT the "t" and as "shafe." I read it the first way. But the prooflistener is not going to be concerned with that. Best wishes!
Last edited by Monaxi on June 25th, 2020, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace be with you,
Sister
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Hi.
I would love to help with the PL work on this project. Because of the size of the work, I’m not sure I could commit to DPL but I would certainly be happy to help out as much as I can.
Thanks!
Magdalene
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MagdaleneMiller wrote: June 25th, 2020, 4:33 pm Hi.
I would love to help with the PL work on this project. Because of the size of the work, I’m not sure I could commit to DPL but I would certainly be happy to help out as much as I can.
Thanks!
Magdalene
Great! Have you had a look at this wiki page? https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners It will explain to you what you should definitely be listening for and what not to worry about. Feel free to PL whatever you can. It'll be appreciated!
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Section 23, Psalm 24 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/psalms1_23_augustine_128kb.mp3 6:56 Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
MagdaleneMiller

Section 23 ... Psalm 24 PL OK.
I have listened to Section 23 and find it ok but having trouble logging in as Listener on this project. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

Monaxi wrote: June 25th, 2020, 10:23 am PL notes for Psalm 2, section 2:

- time should be 10:10 (however, there is a missing phrase, as noted below, which will change the time.)
- needs to be 1/2 - 1 second silence at the beginning.
- at 4:22 there is a missing phrase/line "...since whatever is eternal, always is,) a divine interpretation..."
- at 5:29 "the" is omitted. (I believe this change is needed to preserve the meaning.)
- at 5:48 "whatever" should be "whatsoever." (This is a word that catches me often, so I highlight it during prereading.)
- at 6:16 "but" should be "not"
- at 7:00 "For exceedingly" should be "Very excellently."
- at 9:07 "participation" should be "perception" (This does not seem to me to change the meaning.)

General suggestion: Use pauses to separate paragraphs.

Best wishes!
Sister
Good catches there. Changes made and uploaded for a spot check. The total length is now 10:18.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MagdaleneMiller wrote: June 25th, 2020, 6:54 pm Section 23 ... Psalm 24 PL OK.
I have listened to Section 23 and find it ok but having trouble logging in as Listener on this project. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...
You won't be able to log in because you're not DPL. If you do decide you want to commit to that role, I can add you. Otherwise, just post your findings and I'll update the MW.
MagdaleneMiller

O thank you!
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
MagdaleneMiller

PL notes for Psalm 3 ... Section 3

Time --should be 20:28
At 3:37 -- "murderer" should be "number"
At 5:51-- "with hands" should be " without hands"
At 17:34--- "causes" should be "curses "

I believe everything else in this section is OK.
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

OK changes made to Psalm 3. It's ready for Spot Check.
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

PL notes for spot check, Psalm 2, section 2:

The time on Checker is 10:19, HOWEVER, the paragraph which was missing the phrase at 4:22 is now more mixed up in word order. This correction will change the time again.

Best wishes.

Peace be with you,
Sister