[Education] - Home Education Series Vol 3 by Charlotte Mason - lny

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 23rd, 2020, 9:11 am

JBrous wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 7:43 pm
Hello,
Could I grab section 14, Chapter 14 - A Master-Thought?
Just got my 1-min test approved today, so it'll be my first recording here: catalog name Josh Broussard
Welcome to LV!

Thank you for your claim. Your catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/14553 The reader details link is a great way to keep track of your claims.

Enjoy the reading and please let me know if you have any questions.

Kalamareader
Posts: 580
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 23rd, 2020, 6:26 pm

Hi Linny,

In the last couple of weeks since my last submission here, I have done a number of different readings, but I keep getting pulled/called back to this book. Could I please claim sections 6, 12 and 13?

I will do my best to get these in in a timely fashion, but I just don't want to lose any of them.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

tealeafs
Posts: 8
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Post by tealeafs » June 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm

Hi,

Could I claim section 10 and 11?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 24th, 2020, 6:07 am

tealeafs wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm
Hi,

Could I claim section 10 and 11?
In order to get you set up I'll need to know the name you would like to have appear in the catalog.

I see you have also claimed two sections on another project. If you haven't recorded before, that's a lot to take on when first getting started. The editing process can be daunting. Let me know if you want to modify your claim.

tealeafs
Posts: 8
Joined: August 9th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Post by tealeafs » June 24th, 2020, 2:17 pm

linny wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 6:07 am
tealeafs wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm
Hi,

Could I claim section 10 and 11?
In order to get you set up I'll need to know the name you would like to have appear in the catalog.

I see you have also claimed two sections on another project. If you haven't recorded before, that's a lot to take on when first getting started. The editing process can be daunting. Let me know if you want to modify your claim.
Hello,

I currently have 1 section from other project. I'll take your advice and hold off on working on this project.

Thanks!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 6:59 am

OK, come back any time! :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 7:30 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:26 pm
Hi Linny,

In the last couple of weeks since my last submission here, I have done a number of different readings, but I keep getting pulled/called back to this book. Could I please claim sections 6, 12 and 13?

I will do my best to get these in in a timely fashion, but I just don't want to lose any of them.

Thanks,

Wayne
Of course. Thank you for the additional claims! :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 7:33 am

Owlivia wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 6:12 pm
linny wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 7:28 am
Owlivia wrote:
June 21st, 2020, 8:03 pm
Ready for review:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/cm3_07_mason_128kb.mp3

17:47 running time
Great job! Loved the sigh. :D

Please extend ending silence to ~5 seconds. Less than that runs the risk of cutting off your recording during playback.
Thanks. I thought that a sigh definitely belonged there. :wink:
I checked the recording on Audacity, and according to the counter there, it's a bit over 5 seconds. (I'm a bit gun shy - timer-shy? - because on another of my recordings I was told the end/empty space was too long.) Shall I add some more time to it? (Obviously I don't want anyone to miss hearing my dulcet tones. :D )
I double checked. You only have about a half second. Your voice ends at 17:46, the recording should end ~17:51.

It's challenging sometimes to find the right zoom level that is most helpful.

Kalamareader
Posts: 580
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 25th, 2020, 10:26 am

Hi,

Here are my first two of the three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_06_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 23:24.5

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_12_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 21:28

Wayne

P.S. I have a question, when noting times of a recording, do we go to the 'nearest' second (down of less than .5 and up if more than .5) and what do we do when it is 'exactly' .5, as above? Thanks. :hmm:
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 10:41 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 10:26 am
Hi,

Here are my first two of the three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_06_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 23:24.5

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_12_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 21:28

Wayne

P.S. I have a question, when noting times of a recording, do we go to the 'nearest' second (down of less than .5 and up if more than .5) and what do we do when it is 'exactly' .5, as above? Thanks. :hmm:
When I put my files into a folder I chose to add the 'Length' as one of the folder headers. Then I just mark down whatever it shows me. 23:24 is perfect.

Please be sure to pick linny and not leni from the dropdown when uploading your files. I'll move them for you.

Kalamareader
Posts: 580
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 25th, 2020, 10:48 am

OOPS!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

SORRY!

Wayne

P.S. Thanks.
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 10:53 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 10:48 am
OOPS!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

SORRY!

Wayne

P.S. Thanks.
No problem at all. It happens from time to time. It's much easier to move them and edit the link than to upload them again. Moving them also helps keep Leni's folder tidy. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13891
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 25th, 2020, 11:59 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 10:26 am
Hi,

Here are my first two of the three:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_06_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 23:24.5

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cm3_12_mason_128kb.mp3

Time: 21:28

Wayne
Wayne,
I'm so glad you are enjoying this project. Your readings are great! Sections 6 and 12 are both PL OK. :thumbs:

Owlivia
Posts: 151
Joined: June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 am

Post by Owlivia » June 25th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Correction of a correction! :shock: the file name is now corrected as preceding "cm3" - had left the "3" out in my earlier post.

New corrected correction. :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/cm3_07_mason_128kb.mp3

running time: 17.51 on the nose :wink:

Thanks for being so patient!
Last edited by Owlivia on June 25th, 2020, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamareader
Posts: 580
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 25th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Well, this time I am pretty sure I got it sent to the right person. :oops:

I mentioned to my wife the other day that we have a 'Lynne', 'Leni', and 'linny' and she just :roll: . :lol:

Anyway, I had more time that I thought I would have, so here is number three,

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/cm3_13_mason_128kb.mp3,

Time: 20:18

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

Post Reply