[COMPLETE] Silverpoints by John Gray-lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,
May I claim Section 17? If it is okay with you, I have gone ahead and attempted this section already: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/silverpoints_17_gray_128kb.mp3
Time: 01:14

Kind regards,
Chad
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Horner94 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:19 pm Hello,
May I claim Section 17? If it is okay with you, I have gone ahead and attempted this section already: https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/silverpoints_17_gray_128kb.mp3
Time: 01:14

Kind regards,
Chad
Thanks, Chad! PL OK.
Rob Marland reader section | website
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

Hi Rob, can I please have sections 2, 8, and 10?
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

julianpratley wrote: June 25th, 2020, 2:47 am Hi Rob, can I please have sections 2, 8, and 10?
Thanks!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 24th, 2020, 3:01 pm Think I could grab a couple of the short ones?

I'd love to claim #21 - Spleen, and #27 - Sensation, if possible :)
Sorry, I missed this one yesterday. Thanks for claiming.
olivesun

Post by olivesun »

Hi, I'd love to do "Song of the Seedling"!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

olivesun wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:07 am Hi, I'd love to do "Song of the Seedling"!
Thanks - all yours!
olivesun

Post by olivesun »

Hi,

Here it is! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/silverpoints_03_gray_128kb.mp3

1:21

It's my first recording, so please let me know if there's anything I need to fix!

Thank you,
Olivia Insun Yoon
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

olivesun wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:21 am Hi,

Here it is! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/silverpoints_03_gray_128kb.mp3

1:21

It's my first recording, so please let me know if there's anything I need to fix!

Thank you,
Olivia Insun Yoon
Thanks, Olivia. I have replied to you in the 1-min test thread. If you go over there you will see the things that need to be fixed. In the meantime, what name would you like to use in the Librivox catalog? Some people use the same name as on the forum (with or without added spaces), others use their full name. Please reply to let me know what you would like.
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Hey Rob, Just wanted to make sure you saw these posted last night (at the bottom of page 1). Thanks!
olivesun

Post by olivesun »

Hi,

Hmmm. Actually, that's a good question. Is it alright if I get back to you later about the name?

I also saw something somewhere about blogs? I'm trying to set up a place where I can display my recordings online, and I'm wondering how to get my readings on my site...

I'll go take a look at the fixes you've suggested. Please disregard the recording I've submitted! I'll need to redo that haha

Many thanks!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

vvocelli wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:53 am
Hey Rob, Just wanted to make sure you saw these posted last night (at the bottom of page 1). Thanks!
Thanks for the heads up: yes, I missed them. Sorry about that. All PL OK!
olivesun wrote: June 25th, 2020, 6:04 am Hmmm. Actually, that's a good question. Is it alright if I get back to you later about the name?

I also saw something somewhere about blogs? I'm trying to set up a place where I can display my recordings online, and I'm wondering how to get my readings on my site...
OK, there's no rush! Regarding blogs, if you want something free and simple you could try Google's blogger.com. When the project is catalogued, you will be able to copy the link to the audio and put it on your blog (the links we use here while the project is ongoing are not permanent).
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Rob,
Great job on these poems. :D

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).

You might also consider a touch of noise cleaning. This is optional. The recordings pass the Checker. I hear more noise than I generally do.

Please be sure to add the file length to the MW. It's a double check at time of cataloging that I'm transferring the correct file.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

linny wrote: June 25th, 2020, 8:02 am
Hi Rob,
Great job on these poems. :D

The sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).

You might also consider a touch of noise cleaning. This is optional. The recordings pass the Checker. I hear more noise than I generally do.

Please be sure to add the file length to the MW. It's a double check at time of cataloging that I'm transferring the correct file.
Thanks, I have re-uploaded them now. Not sure how my recorder got switched to 48,000 instead of 41,000. Must have pressed the wrong button!

I'd already done a bit of noise cleaning, but my recorder does pick up rather a lot. I was able to reduce it a bit more without turning tinny.
linny

Post by linny »

RobMarland wrote: June 25th, 2020, 8:38 am Thanks, I have re-uploaded them now. Not sure how my recorder got switched to 48,000 instead of 41,000. Must have pressed the wrong button!

I'd already done a bit of noise cleaning, but my recorder does pick up rather a lot. I was able to reduce it a bit more without turning tinny.
All are spot check PL OK. I sometimes accidently toggle that project rate box when I'm editing. :roll:

The additional noise cleaning sounds great. :D