COMPLETE Exposition Psalms 1 - 36 (Vol 1) St Augustine-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ancientchristian

Post by ancientchristian »

It's volume 1 of many volumes. Each psalm has its own commentary within each volume. The entire commentary on Psalms 1 - 150 is enormous (> 1000 pages) and I don't have the energy to do them all.

I would be fine with making it a group project as you suggested. But I think this particular work lends itself quite well to being broken up into small portions. The commentaries aren't connected to each other.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I realize that. I'm more concerned with how we would organize subsequent readings, should there be any, in our catalogue.

One plus to unconnected sections within a work is that they also lend themselves well to group readings.
ancientchristian

OK a group project it is. I have no objections.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I am in the process of converting this to a group project. I was perplexed as to why you grouped Psalms 9 and 10 together, and then looking at the text, I realized that it's because the author did so. Will you do me a favor, please, and amend the beginning and end of that section to say "Psalms 9 and 10" instead of just Psalm 9? Then I will be able to take over and manage the group project.
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello! I'd like to read Psalms 23, 24, and 25. I may pick up more later, but I'd like to start with those. Also, Steven, perhaps you'd be willing to PL mine. I'll PL some of yours as well. OK?

Peace be with you,
Sister
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Monaxi wrote: June 24th, 2020, 10:35 am Hello! I'd like to read Psalms 23, 24, and 25. I may pick up more later, but I'd like to start with those. Also, Steven, perhaps you'd be willing to PL mine. I'll PL some of yours as well. OK?
I have your claims entered. However, I don't believe that there is a Steven in this thread so far. :hmm: I will advertise for a DPL soon.
ancientchristian

Monaxi wrote: June 24th, 2020, 10:35 am Hello! I'd like to read Psalms 23, 24, and 25. I may pick up more later, but I'd like to start with those. Also, Steven, perhaps you'd be willing to PL mine. I'll PL some of yours as well. OK?
Sure, I'd love to PL yours. Mine... aren't exactly my best... good luck. Anyway, it's great to have you on board with this project. - Steven
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ancientchristian wrote: June 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm
Sure, I'd love to PL yours. Mine... aren't exactly my best... good luck. Anyway, it's great to have you on board with this project. - Steven
:lol: I didn't actually know your name! :oops:

Did you see my post above regarding Psalms 9 and 10?
ancientchristian

mightyfelix wrote: June 24th, 2020, 2:45 pm
ancientchristian wrote: June 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm
:lol: I didn't actually know your name! :oops:

Did you see my post above regarding Psalms 9 and 10?
Yes I altered the beginning and end of the file. While I was doing that I noticed I had a recording of Psalm 11, so I uploaded that as well.

And yes, my civilian name when I'm not doing top-secret audiobook work is Steven.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great, thank you!
Kinghezy

Post by Kinghezy »

I will try tackling Psalm 12, if available. (I assume we will don't read the notes on the margins.)

Name in catalog can be username.
Chris
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Here's Psalm 23, section 22: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/psalms1_22_augustine_128kb.mp3 3:47 Ready for PL. Thank you!

Peace be with you,
Sister
ancientchristian

Monaxi wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:39 pm Here's Psalm 23, section 22: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/psalms1_22_augustine_128kb.mp3 3:47 Ready for PL. Thank you!
PL OK, no problems.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kinghezy wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:23 pm I will try tackling Psalm 12, if available. (I assume we will don't read the notes on the margins.)

Name in catalog can be username.
Great, you're in! Yes, you can ignore the stuff in the margins. Here is your brand new reader page------> https://librivox.org/reader/14565 Currently, you'll only see this project, but eventually that page will list all projects you've read for, both completed and in-progress. You can get to it by clicking your name in the MW for anything you're signed up for.
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

PL notes for Psalm 2, section 2:

- time should be 10:10 (however, there is a missing phrase, as noted below, which will change the time.)
- needs to be 1/2 - 1 second silence at the beginning.
- at 4:22 there is a missing phrase/line "...since whatever is eternal, always is,) a divine interpretation..."
- at 5:29 "the" is omitted. (I believe this change is needed to preserve the meaning.)
- at 5:48 "whatever" should be "whatsoever." (This is a word that catches me often, so I highlight it during prereading.)
- at 6:16 "but" should be "not"
- at 7:00 "For exceedingly" should be "Very excellently."
- at 9:07 "participation" should be "perception" (This does not seem to me to change the meaning.)

General suggestion: Use pauses to separate paragraphs.

Best wishes!
Sister

Peace be with you,
Sister