[COMPLETE] 牛郎織女傳 by 朱名世 - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

牛郎織女傳 by 名世 朱 .

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/cowherd-and-weaver-girl-by-mingshi-zhu/

( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27217
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
    Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage Fiction
    Keywords that describe the book: love story, separation, chinese folk tale, cowherd, weaver girl, qixi, reunion
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • “ [牛郎織女傳][章节]。 这是我为librivox 所提供的录音, librivox 的录音都是属于公众所有的,如果你想取得更多资讯, 或想加入义工行列, 请点阅librivox 点org 网站。”
    • 如果您愿意,可以说:
      “朗读者:[姓名] [城市,日期]”
    • 然后,请说:
      “[牛郎織女傳] [朱名世] [章节, 章节标题]”

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of 牛郎織女傳 by 名世 朱. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    结尾:
    • 读完一章时, 请说:
      “[章节] 完”
    • 如果您愿意,可以说:
      “朗读者:[姓名] [城市,日期]”
    • 读完一本书时,请说:
      “[章节]完。 [牛郎織女傳] 完。"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename cowherdweavergirl_##_zhu_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. cowherdweavergirl_01_zhu_128kb.mp3)
  • You can ignore the ID3 tags, they are added automatically during cataloging.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Guomin on June 25th, 2020, 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I'll MC this for you! :D

Unfortunately, our system is not very good at handling Chinese names/characters, so please do give me:

- a title in alphabet (either a transliteration of the Chinese or something like "The cowherd and the weaver girl")
- The name of the author in roman alphabet with LAST NAME capitalised so I don't get it wrong :oops:

Since you are reading in Chinese, the intro/outro can be in Chinese too. You can copy/paste and adapt it from any other Chinese project. But first: Your magic window! :D

Edit: Okay, MW is up.
In a solo, you are the book coordinator and responsible for the MW. This is how you update it:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
Note that you will need a new password (login is your forum name) for the Magic Window; it will work for all your future BC projects and for the uploader as well.

housekeeping:
- note the new filename, it has to be in roman alphabet, all lower case. You can change it to something else, but it needs to be consistent throughout.
- before cataloging, I will need a summary of the story, written by yourself please (because we link to the wikipedia page anyway). It can be all in Chinese, but maybe give a sentence or two in English to give others a basic idea of what it is about.

Questions? Just let me know!
Have fun. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Hello, I think it would be ok to just go with "The cowherd and the weaver girl"

The name of the author would just be Zhu mingshi

As of the summary, I may need to read it through, but it is basically the love story of the cowherd and the weaver girl, who were separated by force to the two ends of the heavenly river because of their own faults; they later moved the Jade Emperor by their persistence and were permitted to meet once a year on a bridge of magpies, parallel to the stars Vega and Altair in the Milky Way. As there is a link to the Wiki page and as this story is very very well-known in China, I will just save myself of the trouble of writing an introduction in Chinese, as a detailed one costs much time to do, let me just paste one pretty detailed introduction in Chinese here, I am pretty sure it is ok to use it and doesn't infringe any copyright...

牵牛星位于天河之西,以牧牛为事,故而人称“牛郎”,生得丰神俊伟。织女乃天帝(玉皇大帝)之女,又叫天孙,居于天河之东的五凤城,形貌美丽,善于织锦。织女织出云锦,命侍女梁玉清、承庄献给玉皇。玉皇看后大悦,赐名日“天孙锦”,命宫女随从织女学习织锦;并诏神仙眷属可与织女往来,帮助处理织锦事务;又诏织女每月进宫探亲一次,以慰父母之心。织女传授宫女织锦之巧,于是元君、圣母、仙姬、神女纷纷前去乞巧。过了两个月,织女进宫探亲,以织锦为喻,向玉皇谈论浴理天下之道,得到玉皇首肯。天河之西有黄姑渚,织女在此浣纱;牛郎也来此饮牛,见到织女,便将牛牵到上流饮之。牛郎饮牛毕,无心而歌;织女浣纱毕,也无心而歌。适逢太白星与月下老在天河上的星桥游玩,见到牛郎、织女,月下老便告诉太白星,二人是“姻缘前定”。
一天,玉皇欲对群臣实行赏罚,命稽勋司、验功司考察九天众星。二司将考察评骘结果上报,玉皇以织女前后进献的花绫锦、宫花赏赐群臣。牛郎因牧牛勤勉,被评为上中,赏赐居于众臣之上。群臣将玉皇赏赐的花绫锦带回家中,家中妇女见了,成群结队到五风城乞巧。
人间妇女见到云锦,艳羡不已,普天之下,皆兴乞巧之风。不久,玉皇由李老君、太白星陪同,到天河一游。玉皇见织女辛勤劳作,容颜憔悴,甚感痛惜;又在凤楼上望见牛郎在黄姑渚饮牛,颇为称赞。太白星乘机劝玉皇将织女嫁给牛郎。玉皇便命李老君、太白星为媒。二人去见牛郎,说知此意。牛郎十分喜悦,又因彼此身份贵贱悬殊而感不安,经二人劝谕,乃欣然同意。三天后,牛郎入宫参见玉皇,与织女成亲。婚后,牛郎、织女沉溺于男女之欲,终日饮酒作乐,将牧牛、织锦之事置之度外。
梁玉清、卫承庄谏劝二人节欲,织女反而斥其嫉妒,自此侍女皆不敢进谏。汉渚间有一书生,趁牛郎、织女乘船游乐之时,作歌讽谏;月下老亦作一规诫歌,命一小童前去示警;但牛郎、织女仍不醒悟。十二地支、二十八宿兄弟分别写信,规劝牛郎勿忘本职,牛郎竟将信掷于地下,不予答复。
玉皇命人察看牛郎、织女供职情况,得知织女荒废织事,杼轴皆空,丝缕狼藉,绫锦告匮;牛郎不理牧业,草料缺乏,牛羊消瘦,以致无牛驾车。玉皇大怒,命将织女拘禁冷宫,牛郎拘禁天牢。二人此时方才悔悟,分别上书玉皇,情愿接受惩罚,而不愿牵连对方。天皇圣后闻知牛郎织女获罪,向玉皇求情,遭到拒绝。李老君、太白星同上保本,并谒见玉皇,老君主张不罚,太白星主张薄罚,仍被玉皇拒绝。玉皇下令:将牛郎罚在天河之西,照旧暗中照管天下牧业,若耕耘有误,有一人受饥,皆彼之责;将织女罚在天河之东,照旧暗中照管天下纺织,若蚕桑不旺,有一人受寒,皆彼之责。又下诏拆毁星桥,令二人间隔天河,永世不得相见。并设防河使,禁止人私渡天河。牛郎、织女忍痛泣别,依依难舍。
织女回到天河之东织锦,天河中的仙女七姑前来拜访,织女与之结为金兰姊妹。七姑见织女贤淑,常来机房帮助织锦,并协助分理众务,使得绫锦源源不断输送天庭。牛郎被贬谪之后,深切自责,努力供职。因思念织女心切,乃修书一封,命使者借了太乙真人莲叶舟渡过天河,到织女处间候。织女见了书信,十分伤心,倒织机下,幸被七姑救醒。经使者催促,织女含泪回书,勉励牛郎尽心职事。七姑见织女如此明理,夫妇感情如此深厚,便联名上本,请求玉皇开恩,让牛郎、织女团圆玉皇看了本章,御笔批准;又因牛郎处无本上奏,下诏暂缓实行。牛郎的使者拿了织女回信星夜返回天河,被巡河使抓住,指责其违犯禁令。使者从实相告。幸亏巡河使与牛郎有八拜之交,私下放其回见牛郎。此时,二十八宿、十二地支兄弟分别派人持书,前来问候。牛郎见众兄弟不计较自己昔日之失,十分感激,遂作两首七言律诗,分别答复二十八宿和十二地支。两处兄弟见了牛郎回书,知其已真心悔改,便分别联名上本,称牛郎供职毫不懈怠,“迄今畜产众多,非复耗凋之旧;田畴开垦,可登富庶之祥”,请求玉皇让其夫妻团圆。
玉皇命将二处本章与七姑本章一并交礼部会同李老君议处。礼部官主张将牛郎、织女召回宫中使夫妻骨肉团聚;李老君则领会玉皇之意,主张让牛郎、织女不废职事,既不能不见面,又不能经常见面,得到礼部官赞同。于是李老君与礼部官联名上奏请求让牛郎、织女一年见面一次。玉皇阅本大喜,批准牛郎、织女每年七月七夕相会不得荒废职事;土女乞巧,也以七月七夕为限。天官见星桥已拆,请求重新造桥,玉皇不许。适有千百乌鸦、朱鹊飞集宫前,愿当每年造桥之任,得到玉皇准许。几天内,天河两岸,鸦鹊聚集如云,齐心协力,造成鹊桥。玉皇同圣后前去观看,甚为高兴,在桥上宴会群臣。至此,牛郎、织女终于重新团圆。

Do I need to just wait for a PL to come? I am not in any hurry but I can upload the first chapter now.
Thank you so much for helping out!
Guomin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Guomin wrote: June 25th, 2020, 6:32 pm Hello, I think it would be ok to just go with "The cowherd and the weaver girl"

The name of the author would just be Zhu mingshi
title is fine.
Last name is Zhu??
Do I need to just wait for a PL to come? I am not in any hurry but I can upload the first chapter now.
You can post a "Listeners Wanted" ad in the "Listeners Wanted" forum. The template is here:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_Template

But you can start recording rightaway.

As for the summary, no this won't do. I know this is a well-known story, but still, we need a little summary to entice readers. Think of learners of Chinese who'd like to listen to this story and are not familiar with it. You can go for something very short, a few sentences will do, like this one: https://librivox.org/call-to-arms-by-xun-lu/
Self-written and no spoilers! :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

The last name indeed is Zhu.

I can do one like that: 牛郎织女传为明代朱名世编辑的白话神话小说,原作者已不可考,讲述了牛郎和织女被玉帝拘禁,分开至天河两侧,后因情深而得以于每年七月七夕自天河两侧踏鹊桥团聚的爱情故事,其中牛郎趁织女洗澡时偷走织女的衣服的情节是编者首次加入的。该书整合了历朝历代关于牛郎和织女的故事,是目前的第一部完整记述牛郎织女故事的中篇小说。

An English one can be found in the last post of mine.

this is a pretty general overview, but I doubt it would help Chinese learners who are learning Mandarin much, because the work itself, though in Vernacular Chinese, is an oooold work, first compiled in 1600s, and it would be hard for Mandarin learners to completely comprehend(use of complicated literary words, ways of saying things that are long out of fashion), and due to that, along with my personal style in writing short paragraphs in Mandarin, my summary above is also in somewhat formal vernacular Chinese, which, though readily comprehensible to native speakers, might be a little challenging to learners not yet proficient in written Chinese... Just want to make the point here, and sorry for this. :oops:
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Hello, as I am quite new here and still unfamiliar with the whole process, I just want to ask two questions:

I put up a post looking for a PL, the link to it here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=81047 everything in there looks fine except that I think a magic window needs to be put up, as seen in other posts. Am I the one responsible for doing that and how should I do it?

Also, can I upload my first recording now, though I haven't found a PL?

Thank you,
Guomin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

the xxx should be replaced with the project number. If you click on the "BC Admin" link and get to your MW, the project number are the final digits displayed in the URL.
It's part of your job, yes, but I fixed it for you. :D

You can start recording and uploading even if we don't have a DPL. We need one to catalog this, but not for you to record.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Thank you for that.

The first section:https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/cowherdweavergirl_01_zhu_128kb.mp3

Time:12:20
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Perfect, well done! :thumbs:

Let's move us over to "Going Solo" as well.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

If no one else has expressed his/her interest, can I DPL this project?
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

you're in. :mrgreen:
Thank you!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Guomin wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:53 pm Thank you for that.

The first section:https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/cowherdweavergirl_01_zhu_128kb.mp3

Time:12:20
Section 01 - SEE PL NOTES

3:27 - "啟簾宣道" 簾 was misread as jian (3rd tone), whereas it should be lian (2nd tone, =帘)
6:18 - "蕊香撲鼻" 蕊 was read as xin (1), but should be rui (3)
10:29 - "轉奏內庭" 庭 was read as qing (2), but it should be ting (2) (And yes, I like how you dealt with the comma right behind that :wink: )

I understand how challenging it can be to read from a traditional Chinese text, so no worries! It gets better with practice.

The quality of work is already amazing for anyone new to LibriVox. No technical issues, no background noise, and volume's within range. :clap:
Good job, Guomin!
Cheers,
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

Haha, I guess I was a little reluctant to search up the correct pronunciations when I see characters I am not really familiar with. Just one thing, I think I did try to pronounce 庭 as ting, it might just sound a little like qing :)
Thank you for catching those! I actually played back a couple of times while looking at the text, but I didn't realize those weren't read right.
Guomin

Post by Guomin »

The corrected file link here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/cowherdweavergirl_01_zhu_128kb.mp3

I think it should be good.

Thanks,
Guomin
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Guomin wrote: June 27th, 2020, 5:01 pm The corrected file link here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/cowherdweavergirl_01_zhu_128kb.mp3

I think it should be good.

Thanks,
Guomin
This is now PL OK!

Re-listened to "庭". You're right to pronounce it that way! It just came across differently to me the first time I listened. :lol:

The story line is more absorbing than I thought! Looking forward to your rendition of section 2.
Cheers,