[COMPLETE] Radio Boys in the Secret Service by J. W. Duffield - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

icequeen wrote: June 21st, 2020, 10:13 pm Lector1 now has access to the MW, thank you!

I don't know if Larry mentioned this part of things in his PM, but Lector1 will have to access the MW for the first time. Here are the instructions on how to do that, just in case Larry did not give them to you. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

Also, what name would you like credited on your catalog page?
I would like to be credited as Lector1.
I was able to access the management dashboard successfully, but in his PM, Larry said to download the link from the MW to his "PL to do" folder, then run it through Checker. Based on the words he used, it seems he can pull up the Audacity file so he can check waveform and other aspects of the recording. I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

What Larry is talking about is a little program called Checker, which allows DPL's to easily check a recording for the specific technical stuff that we need checked. You can find it at this link. https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/ Let me know if you have any other questions! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mkiser11

Post by mkiser11 »

Hello, I am new reader and my recording test has been approved.

I will claim chapter 11
nvivas

Post by nvivas »

Hi! I would like to continue and do chapter 5!

Thank you! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mkiser11 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Hello, I am new reader and my recording test has been approved.

I will claim chapter 11
I will save this for you, Matthew.
Before I can officially assign this to you, I need to add you to the LibriVox catalog. So, just let me know how you would like to be listed -- real name, pseudonym or any other nickname that you wish. This is how you will be credit for all of you LV work.

In the meantime, you are free to record this chapter.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

nvivas wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:22 pm Here is section 4. Hope the audio is better

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/radioboyssecretservice_04_duffield_128kb._.mp3

length (9:43)
Much better. Still a lot of background noise in the first minute or so, but I can accept that.
I'll listen to more of it when I get back from vacation and update the MW.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

nvivas wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 7:00 pm Hi! I would like to continue and do chapter 5!

Thank you! :D
That would be fine. Just be careful about the background noise.
Were you able to find the source and eliminate it?
~ Larry
mkiser11

Post by mkiser11 »

silverquill wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:37 am
mkiser11 wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 6:16 pm Hello, I am new reader and my recording test has been approved.

I will claim chapter 11
I will save this for you, Matthew.
Before I can officially assign this to you, I need to add you to the LibriVox catalog. So, just let me know how you would like to be listed -- real name, pseudonym or any other nickname that you wish. This is how you will be credit for all of you LV work.

In the meantime, you are free to record this chapter.
Thanks Larry, just use my real name - Matthew Kiser. I will proceed with recording then.
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

ryfink wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:08 pm Hi,

I'd like to claim chapter 23, Taking the ''Wireless'' Out of ''Wireless Shoes'', please.

I haven't done many Librivox recordings in a while, and want to make sure I'm not missing anything. The instructions say to read numbers 6 through 8. I don't see those numbers. Is part of the post cut off?

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,
I just finished prooflistening your recording. Your reading is good. I checked your waveform and your volume and they both also look good.
0:23-0:26: end of recording silence is only 3 seconds; it should be five. All you need to do is go back to your Audacity file, hit record again, wait a couple of seconds, and then hit stop again.
Other than this, I don't think you have any other problems You did a great job!
Clarkpvoice

Post by Clarkpvoice »

Hello, I would like to claim chapters 12 and 13, please.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mkiser11 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 10:46 am

Thanks Larry, just use my real name - Matthew Kiser. I will proceed with recording then.
Okay, you've got it, Matthew.
Just click on you name in the MagicWindow to see you personal catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Clarkpvoice wrote: June 24th, 2020, 12:36 pm Hello, I would like to claim chapters 12 and 13, please.
You've got it!
Thank you.
~ Larry
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

I just started a few months ago here and I haven't had time to do anything until now. I just got the green light on my test recording. I'm not sure if, since I am the DPL for this project, I can still do recordings for this project. If I can, I'll take section 12, and if you don't have anyone else to do it, I'll take 13 as well.
Lector1

Post by Lector1 »

Sorry, I didn't see that those sections were already assigned. I can take 19 and 20
nvivas

Post by nvivas »