Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Here are #10 & #12, updated with the Librivox disclaimer:

#10 - The Sphynx:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3

#12 - To L- :
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3

Full disclosure: I'm still new to Audacity / recording / audio editing in general, and I had a little trouble getting the new disclaimer to match perfectly with the original recording. Please advise whether or not the above takes are acceptable - if not, I'm happy to re-record from scratch, or apply any feedback you might have to fix the issue.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 3:58 pm Here are #10 & #12, updated with the Librivox disclaimer:

#10 - The Sphynx:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3

#12 - To L- :
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3

Full disclosure: I'm still new to Audacity / recording / audio editing in general, and I had a little trouble getting the new disclaimer to match perfectly with the original recording. Please advise whether or not the above takes are acceptable - if not, I'm happy to re-record from scratch, or apply any feedback you might have to fix the issue.
Thanks, Andrew! These are both PL OK now. Absolutely no worries about the editing. It it pretty seamless. I always record in the same place but the position of my mic (which is a portable recorder) is a little different each time and it really affects the quality of my voice on the recording. Yours sound indistinguishable. Anyway, we don't insist on perfection here. There is so much to record that the most important thing is we get it done and uploaded and catalogued for people to listen to.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello,
I am a new volunteer to this collection. May I read Section 55? I hope it is okay, but I presume that it would be okay to record this section already grant that no-one has asked to claim this section except me.

Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_55_douglas_128kb.mp3
Time: 01:10

Many thanks,
Chad
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

RobMarland wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 4:11 pm Thanks, Andrew! These are both PL OK now. Absolutely no worries about the editing. It it pretty seamless. I always record in the same place but the position of my mic (which is a portable recorder) is a little different each time and it really affects the quality of my voice on the recording. Yours sound indistinguishable. Anyway, we don't insist on perfection here. There is so much to record that the most important thing is we get it done and uploaded and catalogued for people to listen to.
Wonderful, and understood - thank you!

Was wondering if I might also grab #59 - Lighten Our Darkness? Doesn't look like it's been claimed yet, but please correct me if I missed something :)
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Horner94 wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 4:22 pm Hello,
I am a new volunteer to this collection. May I read Section 55? I hope it is okay, but I presume that it would be okay to record this section already grant that no-one has asked to claim this section except me.

Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_55_douglas_128kb.mp3
Time: 01:10

Many thanks,
Chad
Thanks, Chad! Great reading Just one thing, though: the end disclaimer for the project is "This Librivox recording is in the public domain", since Librivox is not mentioned in the preamble. You just missed out that one word.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:27 pm Was wondering if I might also grab #59 - Lighten Our Darkness? Doesn't look like it's been claimed yet, but please correct me if I missed something :)
All yours!
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

RobMarland wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:41 pm All yours!
Many thanks - here you go!

#59 - Lighten Our Darkness:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_59_douglas_128kb.mp3

I wasn't entirely sure where to best place the "England, 1918" that appears below the title, but before the poem. Made an educated guess, but happy to edit if need be.

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Rob -

While I am doing my recordings I will also complete the last 5 that are open....

22, 33, 35, 60 and 61.

Lynda
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Lmnei wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:40 pm Hi Rob -

While I am doing my recordings I will also complete the last 5 that are open....

22, 33, 35, 60 and 61.

Lynda
OK, Lynda, I am fine with that on the proviso that you plan to submit recordings fairly soon. As you will have noticed, the claims and recordings are coming in thick and fast right now, so if a big batch is claimed by one person I wouldn’t like to have to wait on them for the regulation couple of months, which would in other circumstances be fine. Just to be fair to other volunteers. I hope you don’t mind me saying. Thanks for helping us to push this project towards a speedy completion!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ScholarOf0Importance wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 11:50 am Of course I signed up for this and promptly caught what thankfully turned out to not be That Thing(tm) but did nuke my voice. Will get that test done ASAP.
Oh no! Well, I guess it could have been worse then. Get well soon!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Since we are now full, I have started another project by a member of the Oscar Wilde circle: John Gray's Silverpoints. See project thread here
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Moving to Readers Found. :)
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose