[GRP FULL] Collected Poems of Lord Alfred Douglas-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
OooThatsNifty
Posts: 121
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » June 22nd, 2020, 12:19 pm

cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:23 am
Thank you! I love the feeling you put into both of these poems, especially The Sphynx. PL notes: Section 10 has too little silence at the end (3 seconds), and Section 12 has too much silence at the end (almost 7 seconds). Please edit and re-upload using the same file names.
Thanks!! These were both super fun to record, glad you enjoyed :D

Here are the re-edited versions:


#10 - The Sphynx:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3


#12 - To L - :

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Clayton Hamilton's Theory of the Theatre:
10 Sections Still Up for Grabs!


cadastra
Posts: 628
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » June 22nd, 2020, 12:35 pm

OooThatsNifty wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:19 pm
cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:23 am
Thank you! I love the feeling you put into both of these poems, especially The Sphynx. PL notes: Section 10 has too little silence at the end (3 seconds), and Section 12 has too much silence at the end (almost 7 seconds). Please edit and re-upload using the same file names.
Thanks!! These were both super fun to record, glad you enjoyed :D

Here are the re-edited versions:


#10 - The Sphynx:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3


#12 - To L - :

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
I'm so glad! Section 10 is now PL OK. Section 12 has only 4 seconds of silence, so that needs to be fixed. To see exactly how many seconds of silence there are at the end of a recording, select "Length of Selection" in the Selection Toolbar at the bottom right of the page. See photos of the Selection Toolbar here: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/selection_toolbar.html So sorry for the bother!


OooThatsNifty
Posts: 121
Joined: June 13th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Post by OooThatsNifty » June 22nd, 2020, 12:47 pm

cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:35 pm
I'm so glad! Section 10 is now PL OK. Section 12 has only 4 seconds of silence, so that needs to be fixed. To see exactly how many seconds of silence there are at the end of a recording, select "Length of Selection" in the Selection Toolbar at the bottom right of the page. See photos of the Selection Toolbar here: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/selection_toolbar.html So sorry for the bother!
No bother at all! I'm still getting my head around Audacity, so getting to go back to fix stuff is actually quite helpful.

Third time's the charm, perhaps?

#12 - To L - :

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Clayton Hamilton's Theory of the Theatre:
10 Sections Still Up for Grabs!

cadastra
Posts: 628
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » June 22nd, 2020, 1:08 pm

OooThatsNifty wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:47 pm
cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:35 pm
I'm so glad! Section 10 is now PL OK. Section 12 has only 4 seconds of silence, so that needs to be fixed. To see exactly how many seconds of silence there are at the end of a recording, select "Length of Selection" in the Selection Toolbar at the bottom right of the page. See photos of the Selection Toolbar here: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/selection_toolbar.html So sorry for the bother!
No bother at all! I'm still getting my head around Audacity, so getting to go back to fix stuff is actually quite helpful.

Third time's the charm, perhaps?

#12 - To L - :

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
That one is perfect! PL OK!

cadastra
Posts: 628
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » June 22nd, 2020, 1:13 pm

Thank you! Sections 5 and 6 are PL OK. Section 7 has a misreading that changes the meaning of the verse at 01:01 ("and the pale moon came up silently" read as "and the pale moon came up slightly").


RobMarland
Posts: 1771
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » June 22nd, 2020, 3:49 pm

cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:30 pm
All are PL OK except for Section 63. Part of the outro is missing ("This LibriVox recording is in the public domain").
Thanks. Are you sure that part is necessary, though? I took the instructions from the project for Lady Wilde’s poetry collection, and that part wasn’t on there (although I now notice that the preamble in the short poetry collection thread includes a mention of LV). Do you know if there’s anywhere on the forum where the official abbreviated preamble etc is posted? Pretty much every time I launch a new project that isn’t a standard book I end up having to copy from another project, but I have noticed a bit of variation.
Rob Marland reader section | website

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5778
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » June 22nd, 2020, 4:15 pm

It definitely needs to be in there, either at the beginning or the end. But we absolutely can't be missing that disclaimer from any section.

adelinejk
Posts: 3
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Post by adelinejk » June 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm

Can I claim 22, Vae Victis! please?

cadastra
Posts: 628
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » June 22nd, 2020, 4:57 pm

RobMarland wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 3:49 pm
cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:30 pm
All are PL OK except for Section 63. Part of the outro is missing ("This LibriVox recording is in the public domain").
Thanks. Are you sure that part is necessary, though? I took the instructions from the project for Lady Wilde’s poetry collection, and that part wasn’t on there (although I now notice that the preamble in the short poetry collection thread includes a mention of LV). Do you know if there’s anywhere on the forum where the official abbreviated preamble etc is posted? Pretty much every time I launch a new project that isn’t a standard book I end up having to copy from another project, but I have noticed a bit of variation.
Yes, I concur with Devorah. Rob, did you notice that the disclaimer was missing from any particular recording in Poems by Speranza or just that it was missing in the instructions? I ask because I am also DPL for that project and, though I check for the disclaimer in every section I proof-listen, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

adelinejk
Posts: 3
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Post by adelinejk » June 22nd, 2020, 5:15 pm

adelinejk wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm
Can I claim 22, Vae Victis! please? As a pseudonym AKim is alright.

Hernandez
Posts: 14
Joined: June 16th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Location: Washington, US/EU

Post by Hernandez » June 22nd, 2020, 7:28 pm

Thank you,
Gracias,

A Hernandez

RobMarland
Posts: 1771
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 2:25 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by RobMarland » June 23rd, 2020, 12:18 am

mightyfelix wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:15 pm
It definitely needs to be in there, either at the beginning or the end. But we absolutely can't be missing that disclaimer from any section.
cadastra wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 12:30 pm
Yes, I concur with Devorah. Rob, did you notice that the disclaimer was missing from any particular recording in Poems by Speranza or just that it was missing in the instructions? I ask because I am also DPL for that project and, though I check for the disclaimer in every section I proof-listen, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.
Devorah, to be clear, people are reading “this recording is in the public domain,” so either way they are on record as having given up rights to their recording. Of course, I understand if mentioning LV is also mandatory.

Ok, in that case I will amend the instructions here and PM people whose sections are already PL if they need to change their disclaimer, as they may no longer be following the thread.

Yes, I did listen to a random selection of of the recordings in the Speranza project last night and heard one or two that read the disclaimer without mentioning LV. Sorry, I did not pay attention to which recordings.
Rob Marland reader section | website

Post Reply