(Complete) Seven and Nine Years Among the Comanches and Apaches

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Thank you.

Chapter 18 is ready.
This guy is giving me a headache. He described this new character as a mexican child taken by Comanche when he was 11. Can barely speak english but, writes the characters narrative like an educated adult. I had no voice for him. All I could do is slow my speech and lower my voice. I hope it's not too boring... :oops: :(
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 19 ready. He plagiarized James Beckworth again. From minute 18:18 :cry:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Claude! Chapter 18 is PL OK :thumbs:

(You did a good with the voice for this new guy.)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 20 ready. Strange both 19 and 20 have the same amount of recorded times??? :?
Hope all is well. Best wishes. :)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yeah, that happens, sometimes, with chapter times. :)

Chapter 19 actually has an edit point for you!

At 4:20, your recording says, "and noisily entered the apartments of the family" - but it should be noiselessly. Thought you might want to edit that since it changes the meaning.

(I don't usually put my PL notes in red, but since I had other stuff to talk about, I wanted it to stand out for you.)

And what a horrid figure, this character, eh? Murder an entire family in the night so he can cave-man haul away a teen he coveted. :cry: Nasty.

Your notes that plagiarism keeps happening intrigued me, so I went looking about this book. What I found was highly interesting to me! Perhaps you might want to add a note about this information to the audiobook's Summary -

Turns out, this was a fictional autobiography written in the late 19th century as a marketing ploy for "Dr. Clark Johnson's Indian Blood Syrup." Apparently, such tactic was fairly common at that time! I guess that speaks for the exoticism of Indian captives' stories and the power of draw that they held. Wish I could find a review of the book that notes whose real stories were used, as I bet your knowledge of the use of Beckworth's points toward others' real experiences being incorporated, as well.

Cool article at Bay Bottles about Seven and Nine Years Among the Comanches and Apaches and Dr. Clark Johnson’s Indian Blood Syrup

[url=https://azmemory.azlibrary.gov/digital/collection/asabooks/id/444/from Arizona Memory Project[/url]
"This book represents a fictitious story written by Eastman that is primarily made up of imagined and cribbed accounts of Indian life and customs in order to publicize Dr. Clark Johnson's Indian blood syrup, purported to be a general remedy for whatever physically or mentally ails the consumer."
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Recording corrected. My first one, ever! :oops:

I thought this was a marketing ploy for snake oil remedies! "Caveman haul away" That's a good one.

I would like to write about his plagiarizing in the summary. Not many people know anything about Beckworth. Which is a shame. Very few American's even know a California town, mountain and highway are named after him.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

You should do that! And when you write about the plagiarism, you could even include the title of Beckworth's work - as an audiobook peruser, I would love being able to go to the original, nonfiction, source of some of this book's stories.

P.S. You have nothing to blush about with that edit - Most people have several edits in a project. It was remarkable that we went through so many chapters with nothing showing up. :)

Most excellently edited, by the way! Ch. 19 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 21 ready.

I sipped hot tea and honey in an attempt to sooth my "grumbely" voice. Hope it doesn't sound too ridiculous??? :shock:

Cheers.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapters 20 and 21 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nope, not ridiculous - sounds like the tea & honey did the trick. :)
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 22 ready. More of Mrs. Eastman narrative. I hope my voice held out.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 23 ready.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 22 is PL OK :thumbs:

Voice was good whole way. :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

23 is PL OK :thumbs:

:)
~Lynette * -
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 24 ready. Hope all is well.
cstew64

Post by cstew64 »

Chapter 25 ready.