[COMPLETE] Collected Poems of Lord Alfred Douglas-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

ScholarOf0Importance wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:20 am I'll start with 51, please! The Scholar of No Importance is a perfectly fine pseudonym (unless there's a character limit, in which case K.W. Moore is fine).
Thanks! I have registered your claim. Perhaps you have already seen in the Welcome email (I forget what's in it), but as a new volunteer there is one thing you have to do before you get started on the project, and that's submit a 1-minute test so you can sure your settings are good.

1-min test instructions

Then post your test recording in the Listeners Needed thread. Someone (me, if I get there before anyone else) will let you know if you're good to go.
Rob Marland reader section | website
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

RobMarland wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:39 pm
cadastra wrote: June 19th, 2020, 1:27 pm May I DPL?
Yes, please! I'm happy to sort of split duties. Basically, if I am sat at my PC when a submission comes through and I have a moment, I might just go ahead and PL it. Sound OK?

If it was a project of long chapters there might be a risk of duplicating our work, but most of the poems are so short they can be listened to in a couple of mins.
That sounds fine, Rob! Thanks for having me.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Moving to Readers Wanted. Cadastra, I'll add you in as DPL when I get a chance, probably this evening. If I forget, don't be afraid to give me a nudge. :wink:
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Hi there!

If they're still up for grabs, I'd love to claim:

#10 - The Sphynx, and
#12 - To L—

Thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 20th, 2020, 8:31 pm Hi there!

If they're still up for grabs, I'd love to claim:

#10 - The Sphynx, and
#12 - To L—

Thanks!
Thanks, Andrew, I have reserved those two for you.
Hernandez

Post by Hernandez »

Hello,

If available I'll claim:

3 - To Shakespeare
4 - Amoris Vincula
9 - In Sarum Close
Thank you,
Gracias,

A Hernandez
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hernanda wrote: June 21st, 2020, 1:19 am Hello,

If available I'll claim:

3 - To Shakespeare
4 - Amoris Vincula
Thanks, they're both yours!

Edit: And section 9
Hernandez

Post by Hernandez »

RobMarland wrote: June 21st, 2020, 1:28 am
Hernanda wrote: June 21st, 2020, 1:19 am Hello,

If available I'll claim:

3 - To Shakespeare
4 - Amoris Vincula
Thanks, they're both yours!

Edit: And section 9
I was reading further and was intrigued I'll take 11 - Impression de Nuit as well.
Thank you,
Gracias,

A Hernandez
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Hernanda wrote: June 21st, 2020, 1:45 am I was reading further and was intrigued I'll take 11 - Impression de Nuit as well.
No worries, all yours.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 54 - The Witch

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_54_douglas_128kb.mp3
1:47

This is my first recording with a new microphone. Checker passed it as ok, but if you note any problems with it please let me know :hmm:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

alanmapstone wrote: June 21st, 2020, 3:10 am Section 54 - The Witch

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_54_douglas_128kb.mp3
1:47

This is my first recording with a new microphone. Checker passed it as ok, but if you note any problems with it please let me know :hmm:
Thanks, Alan. Sounds great! PL OK. He was obviously in one of his bad moods when he wrote this one.
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Thanks for having me!

Here's my take on #10 The Sphynx / Sphinx:

#10 - The Sphynx:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3

Let me know if anything needs to be tinkered with - I'm still new to all of this, so if I've missed a step or need to fix anything, I'd love the feedback.

Thanks again!!

EDIT - I had also submitted #12, To L -, but upon listening to it post upload I realized I flubbed a word. Will re-record / re-submit that one shortly.

EDIT #2 - Let's try that again, shall we? Here's #12 - To L -, hopefully with the text as originally written this time...

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

OooThatsNifty wrote: June 21st, 2020, 8:03 pm Thanks for having me!

Here's my take on #10 The Sphynx / Sphinx:

#10 - The Sphynx:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_10_douglas_128kb.mp3

Let me know if anything needs to be tinkered with - I'm still new to all of this, so if I've missed a step or need to fix anything, I'd love the feedback.

Thanks again!!

EDIT - I had also submitted #12, To L -, but upon listening to it post upload I realized I flubbed a word. Will re-record / re-submit that one shortly.

EDIT #2 - Let's try that again, shall we? Here's #12 - To L -, hopefully with the text as originally written this time...

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/poems_12_douglas_128kb.mp3
Thank you! I love the feeling you put into both of these poems, especially The Sphynx. PL notes: Section 10 has too little silence at the end (3 seconds), and Section 12 has too much silence at the end (almost 7 seconds). Please edit and re-upload using the same file names.
ScholarOf0Importance

Post by ScholarOf0Importance »

RobMarland wrote: June 20th, 2020, 11:24 am
ScholarOf0Importance wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:20 am I'll start with 51, please! The Scholar of No Importance is a perfectly fine pseudonym (unless there's a character limit, in which case K.W. Moore is fine).
Thanks! I have registered your claim. Perhaps you have already seen in the Welcome email (I forget what's in it), but as a new volunteer there is one thing you have to do before you get started on the project, and that's submit a 1-minute test so you can sure your settings are good.

1-min test instructions

Then post your test recording in the Listeners Needed thread. Someone (me, if I get there before anyone else) will let you know if you're good to go.
Of course I signed up for this and promptly caught what thankfully turned out to not be That Thing(tm) but did nuke my voice. Will get that test done ASAP.