Hi fellow Librivoxers!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Hello, I could be an elf/sprite explorer of fantasy dimensions...or just an ordinary homeschooler from the USA, who is a HUGE Librivox fan. Take your guess. :D 8-) :lol:
EDIT: Maybe I have moved to Middle-earth and am now traveling all over that world. Maybe. 8-)(does anyone believe it?)
Last edited by Bookworm360 on September 8th, 2020, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

I’m also an author-in-training, and find it very disappointing that I have to be dead before my books get onto Librivox (if they ever get published.) Does anyone else have that frustration?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Bookworm360 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:55 pm I’m also an author-in-training, and find it very disappointing that I have to be dead before my books get onto Librivox (if they ever get published.) Does anyone else have that frustration?
Nope. Not that I've published anything, but if I did, I'd be totally alright with making some money off of it during my lifetime. (Don't see why my kids should, though.)
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Yes, exactly. They’re already going to inherit the money you made, so it’s rather unfair for Librivox recorders. :( Especially if they renew the copyright after their author parent has died. And if the book was very famous, it doesn’t need a copyright anymore after the author passes on.