[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 024 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Kitty wrote: June 18th, 2020, 1:22 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 18th, 2020, 1:14 pmYeee) This is my very first publication :D
:clap: the very first will always be special :9: I hope there are more to come.

Sonia
The second is very special too))
Thanks for PLing)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 18th, 2020, 1:36 pm
Kitty wrote: June 18th, 2020, 1:22 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: June 18th, 2020, 1:14 pmYeee) This is my very first publication :D
:clap: the very first will always be special :9: I hope there are more to come.

Sonia
The second is very special too))
Thanks for PLing)
It is. :) I'm glad that you found this little nugget of bilingualism and that we found a place for it here.

A big thank you to the whole team! :clap:

Michael
Liber

Post by Liber »

Hi Sonia, Michael and Todd,

Thank you for your work!

I have a question. For the next multilingual collection, I would like to chant a hymn: both text and music are in the public domain (and have been for about 800 years :) ). Also I might have to record more… ehm, let's call them "voices" (actually sounds, possibly unpleasant :lol: ).

Is this allowed?

Also, Latin and French stanzas alternate. My French pronunciation is poor: maybe someone may wish to record the French stanzas? (Perhaps someone with enough… sense of humour? :mrgreen: )

Thank you for your advice.

Liber
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Liber wrote: June 19th, 2020, 5:26 amI have a question. For the next multilingual collection, I would like to chant a hymn: both text and music are in the public domain (and have been for about 800 years :) )
if you can find a source for the musical score and a reliable note that it's that old, then it should be ok. We are rarely singing because of the PD problems.
Also I might have to record more… ehm, let's call them "voices" (actually sounds, possibly unpleasant :lol: ).
Is this allowed?
this sounds intriguing...what did you have in mind ? The thing is, apart from the drama plays, we are usually only reading the text as written. You can be expressive of course, but not really insert anything that isn't in the original source.
Also, Latin and French stanzas alternate. My French pronunciation is poor: maybe someone may wish to record the French stanzas? (Perhaps someone with enough… sense of humour? :mrgreen: )
I speak French, I can do you a soundfile if you need it. :)

Sonia
Liber

Post by Liber »

It is a hymn for… the Feast of the Ass: "Orientis Partibus".

Although it may seem very funny, it is actually quite a serious little thing. Yep, in the Middle Ages Christians accepted the notion that god is carried by… donkeys (the priests, bishops, cardinals, up up to the pope). It was a "mystery" deeply felt like the notion that the church was a "casta meretrix", they could say it and literally mean it :shock: , and defend the notion with lengthy theological discussions :oops: . Of course the feast, in just a few centuries, was eventually banned.

Sources are often extraordinarily corrupted, but here is a source that is sufficiently acceptable: https://archive.org/details/illustrationsbi00towngoog/page/n254/mode/2up

Yes, the hymn is preceded, accompanied and followed by donkey's braying :lol: in French :lol:

A very ancient source for the music is: https://archive.org/details/officedepierred00villgoog/page/n24/mode/2up . And this is a more recent one (1912): https://archive.org/details/riverdalehymnb00dodd/page/372/mode/2up (page 364).

There are many other sources (for example in some sources the French text is completely omitted).

The text that I would like to use is this, from the source with perhaps a few corrections:
Hinam, Hinam, Hinam!

Orientis partibus
Adventavit asinus,
Pulcher et fortissimus,
Sarcinis aptissimus.

Hez, Sire Asnes, car chantez;
Belle bouche réchignez;
Vous aurez du foin assez,
Et de l’avoine à plantez.

Lentus erat pedibus,
Nisi foret baculus,
Et eum in clunibus,
Pungeret aculeus.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Hic, in collibus Sichem,
Jam nutritus sub Rubem;
Transiit per Jordanem,
Saliit in Bethlehem.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Ecce magnis auribus,
Subjugalis filius,
Asinus egregius,
Asinorum dominus.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Saltu vincit hinnulos,
Damas et capreolos,
Super dromedarios
Velox Madianeos.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Aurum de Arabia,
Thus et myrrham de Saba,
Tulit in ecclesia
Virtus asinaria.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Dum trahit vehicula,
Multa cum sarcinula
Illius mandibula
Dura terit pabula.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Cum aristis hordeum,
Comedit et carduum;
Triticum a palea
Segregat in area.

Belle bouche réchignez;

Amen dicas, asine,
Jam satur de gramine,
Amen, amen, itera;
Aspernare vetera.

Hez va! hez va! hez va hez!
Bialx Sire Asnes, car allez;
Belle bouche car chantez.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

That sounds like fun. Let me know if you need a PL for the duet. :)

Michael
Liber

Post by Liber »

Kazbek wrote: June 19th, 2020, 6:04 am That sounds like fun. Let me know if you need a PL for the duet. :)

Michael
I believe it can be done with more voices, both for the Latin and the French parts :D

Liber
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay folks. Collection 025 is now open: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80907

Thanks, Todd
laurenlemay

Post by laurenlemay »

Kazbek wrote: June 14th, 2020, 5:42 am
laurenlemay wrote: June 14th, 2020, 12:09 am hi
my name is Lauren and
I would like to do this poem by Mihai Eminescu:
DEPARTE SUNT DE TINE…
Hi, Lauren. Welcome to the project! :) It would be great to have a poem in Romanian! I see that you are well on your way with your 1-minute test (I recommend waiting until you work out the remaining issues before you record your first contribution), and that you already have a reader page with catalog name Lauren LeMay:

https://librivox.org/reader/14491

You only need to choose your catalog name once to have someone set up your reader page. That name will be used for all your future contributions, unless you ask an admin to change it.

Let us know if you have any other questions and happy recording! :)

Michael
hi Michael
I have an audio file and am trying to upload it. What folder do I upload it to? I'll pick a random one? I recorded Mihai Eminescu Departe Sunt De Tine

ana
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

laurenlemay wrote: June 25th, 2020, 2:46 pm
hi Michael
I have an audio file and am trying to upload it. What folder do I upload it to? I'll pick a random one? I recorded Mihai Eminescu Departe Sunt De Tine

ana
Hi Ana! Volume 024 of this collection has been completed and cataloged. Please submit your recording to volume 025 here:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80907

You'll find instructions about how to name your file and what folder to upload to in the first post of the thread. The folder is mentioned towards the end: "You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: toddhw"

Let us know (in the new project's thread) if you have any other questions.

Michael