COMPLETE The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hello Ann,
I can offer you my services as DPL if you wish.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

RitaBoutros wrote: June 18th, 2020, 8:15 am Hello Ann,
I can offer you my services as DPL if you wish.
Happily accepted & thank you!
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

PL notes on chapter 1:

I just wanted to start out by asking whether or not you are using a microphone when you dictate? There seems to be a background noise that runs through the entire recording (you can even see it in the audio file) and which in some places, seems to swallow up your voice. Is it possible you are veering away from your mic as you speak? I know I do that sometimes.

There is a loud bang at 2 seconds also.

The opening has a full one second pause. Can that be reduced to about a half second?

At :26, please add the words, chapter one.
At :43, you left out the word "house"
At 4:24, you say, "you would not soon have found..." you left out soon
At 6:57, you said "sh said she" please remove sh

There are just too many places where the speech has become garbled or very choppy and just doesn't flow well. These are at 8:51, 9:03, 12:25, 13:11-13:14, 17:02. I think this happens to everyone eventually when recording. When it happens to me (and my tongue no longer wants to cooperate), I just go ahead and rerecord the sentence again until it sounds better. I've been known to do that 3 or 4 times until I get it right. Then I just edit out all the bad tries later.

At 15:41 you said, "...as it showed" should be as if it showed

The way you read the paragraph at 17:31 was just perfect. There, your speech was clear, the pacing was normal and the syntax flowed beautifully.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

I don't yet have access to the MW. Can someone get me in so that I can post? Thank you.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You have access now, Rita! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Thank you Ann
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Rita,
Hello my edited file is now in the mw. It looks and sounds much better to me. I did apply your edits and yes, I am using a microphone. The background noise you referred to is more than likely from "outside noise". Evidently I lost my mind as that audio had many errors that I should have fixed & than posted. :oops:
Please do give the posted file a listen and let me know your thoughts. Thank you,
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

April, I think we're good to go! Sec 1 is PL OK

I did only do a spot PL and did not listen to the entire file. If you wound up rerecording the chapter in its entirety, please let me know and I will listen to the whole thing again.
Thank you
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

RitaBoutros wrote: June 19th, 2020, 12:07 pm April, I think we're good to go! Sec 1 is PL OK

I did only do a spot PL and did not listen to the entire file. If you wound up rerecording the chapter in its entirety, please let me know and I will listen to the whole thing again.
Thank you
:thumbs:
I did not record the entire section again, I promise you that.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Ann,
I am disappointed that no reader has chosen a section to read. I do realize that should no one come about and decide a section is just for them to read, I will need to have you help me out to change this thread to a solo project and not a group one. I have read sections 01, 14 & I did just finish 33 as well. I am not ready to cave in quite yet and have it become my solo project.
What do you think of posting again to readers wanted? Do you think that may garner some interest in this book from others?
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Be patient! I had a project that took six months to get someone to claim a section, and another one that took more than 3 years to finish. Summer time tends to be a little slow for some projects, people are more interested in going outside in the sunshine than to sit in front of their computers to read. You posted the project on June 13, it has only been 17 days. If you want to record it as a solo project, it is very easy to make that happen, but I think it is way too early to give up on this as a group project. :thumbs:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: June 30th, 2020, 8:31 pm Be patient! I had a project that took six months to get someone to claim a section, and another one that took more than 3 years to finish. Summer time tends to be a little slow for some projects, people are more interested in going outside in the sunshine than to sit in front of their computers to read. You posted the project on June 13, it has only been 17 days. If you want to record it as a solo project, it is very easy to make that happen, but I think it is way too early to give up on this as a group project. :thumbs:
Thank you, patient I will be.
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

PL notes for section 14:

2:21 Stop at: Three days after Burr's arrival
9:17 Remove "said"
9:55 Loud knock
13:04 Remove the first "in"
13:19 Should be: in a man's...
14:33 There is a jump
15:59 Pause before "a tall proud man" (he is the tall proud man)
At the end, remove the chapter name

April, because this is your project and you are uploading directly to the MW, would you please give me a head's up when you put your chapters in? Otherwise I won't know. Thanks!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 1st, 2020, 5:43 am PL notes for section 14:

2:21 Stop at: Three days after Burr's arrival
9:17 Remove "said"
9:55 Loud knock
13:04 Remove the first "in"
13:19 Should be: in a man's...
14:33 There is a jump
15:59 Pause before "a tall proud man" (he is the tall proud man)
At the end, remove the chapter name

April, because this is your project and you are uploading directly to the MW, would you please give me a head's up when you put your chapters in? Otherwise I won't know. Thanks!
I will do that Rita!!
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/magnificentadventure_14_hough_128kb.mp3 time 16:49

Hello Rita,
Here is what I did with the list of edits.
*2:21 did stop as you suggested
*I did re-record the sentence at 9:55 so now there is no clack sound
*13:04 I only hear 1 "in" not a second one so I left it alone.
*13:19 I hear "in a man's"
*14:33 I do not hear a jump
*15:59 I inserted the pause
*I removed the chapter name at the end
April