COMPLETE: [LANGUAGE] Stories That Words Tell Us by Elizabeth O'Neill-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Kudrna wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:44 pm
Ezekiel wrote: June 13th, 2020, 9:19 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_17_oneill_128kb.mp3han
Chapter XVII for PL 20:58
Thank you
Ezekiel
Thanks, Ezekiel :) I've got just a few PL notes:
  • At 0:38 the text says "Old French words borrowed from the Latin" but I can't hear the word Latin properly
  • At 5:58 the text says "Norwegian word cros" - I'm not very familiar with Norwegian pronunciation, but the google translator says that it's pronounced roughly the same way as the English cross. What do you think?
  • At 18:10 the text says "comes from an Old English word, angel" - same as before, I hear something like langel, but Old English pronunciation is definitely not something I would be very good at :D Just let me know if you're sure about that or if you're going to correct it.
Thanks!
Thank you Kudrna,
I will address the issues.
Ezekiel
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_17_oneill_128kb.mp3
Chapter XVII revised for PL 20:58.4
Thanks Ezekiel
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

I'm sorry, lots of things are delaying me...
I don't want to hold up the project, so please take back section XVIII (Nice for Nasty). :cry:
I'm still aiming to do section IX (Animals).
...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

maxgal wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:20 pm I'm sorry, lots of things are delaying me...
I don't want to hold up the project, so please take back section XVIII (Nice for Nasty). :cry:
...LJB
First, I appreciate the message! Secondly, are you sure? We aren't anywhere near completion, by my estimate. If you'd like to hold on to the other section for a while, I can let you know when the catalog starts to loom. We're in Readers Found, so the section would need to be orphaned one way or another. I think you get an extra foot of slack as one of the principal instigators of this project. :)

Michael
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

Kazbek wrote: June 15th, 2020, 3:45 pm
maxgal wrote: June 15th, 2020, 1:20 pm I'm sorry, lots of things are delaying me...
...LJB
First, I appreciate the message! Secondly, are you sure? We aren't anywhere near completion, by my estimate. If you'd like to hold on to the other section for a while, I can let you know when the catalog starts to loom. We're in Readers Found, so the section would need to be orphaned one way or another. I think you get an extra foot of slack as one of the principal instigators of this project. :)

Michael
Aren't you nice. :9:
I'm pretty sure...
I have plenty of projects on my LV "to do" list, and I still have my animals in this one.
But then again, this project is "only" a month old, as of this very date.
And I like being recognized as an instigator. :mrgreen:
So OK, you talked me into holding on for a while.
Thanks very much...LJB
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

maxgal wrote: June 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm So OK, you talked me into holding on for a while.
:thumbs:
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

cabettison wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:18 am Hi there,

Please find chapter six here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_06_oneill__128kb.mp3

Length: 15:41

Cheers,

Connie
Thanks for the nice recording, Connie; I really like your voice :)
I have just one PL note, regarding the word quixotic – 14:43, where the text says "in describing a person as quixotic" a t is missing and at 14:54 it appears again, pronounced a bit differently.
When you upload the amended version, please correct also the filename – it contains one more _ sign between oneill and 128kb.
Thanks!
Kudrna
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Ezekiel wrote: June 15th, 2020, 3:17 am
Kudrna wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:44 pm
Ezekiel wrote: June 13th, 2020, 9:19 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_17_oneill_128kb.mp3han
Chapter XVII for PL 20:58
Thank you
Ezekiel
Thanks, Ezekiel :) I've got just a few PL notes:
  • At 0:38 the text says "Old French words borrowed from the Latin" but I can't hear the word Latin properly
  • At 5:58 the text says "Norwegian word cros" - I'm not very familiar with Norwegian pronunciation, but the google translator says that it's pronounced roughly the same way as the English cross. What do you think?
  • At 18:10 the text says "comes from an Old English word, angel" - same as before, I hear something like langel, but Old English pronunciation is definitely not something I would be very good at :D Just let me know if you're sure about that or if you're going to correct it.
Thanks!
Thank you Kudrna,
I will address the issues.
Ezekiel
Please see revision posted below
Ezekiel
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Ezekiel wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:04 am Please see revision posted below
Ezekiel
Hmm, I don't see anything posted below. Did a part of your message get lost? :hmm:

Michael
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Kazbek wrote: June 17th, 2020, 5:25 am
Ezekiel wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:04 am Please see revision posted below
Ezekiel
Hmm, I don't see anything posted below. Did a part of your message get lost? :hmm:

Michael
@Michael – I think that Ezekiel meant the revised section he posted before.
@Ezekiel – Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it :) I usually PL recordings as they come and Connie's recording came before yours. I believe I'll PL yours tommorow (or maybe this evening). I'm just a bit busy these days, because I had high school graduation ceremony (or whatever is it called in English :D) and it was a bit time-consuming. I understand that you're eager to see your section PL OK though :mrgreen:
Kudrna
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kudrna wrote: June 17th, 2020, 9:30 am I'm just a bit busy these days, because I had high school graduation ceremony (or whatever is it called in English :D) and it was a bit time-consuming.
Congratulations, Kudrna! :) Thanks for taking the time to help with the project during what must be a very hectic season!

Michael
Kudrna

Post by Kudrna »

Ezekiel wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:02 am https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_17_oneill_128kb.mp3
Chapter XVII revised for PL 20:58.4
Thanks Ezekiel
Great, now it's PL OK :thumbs:
Kazbek wrote: June 17th, 2020, 3:42 pm Congratulations, Kudrna! :) Thanks for taking the time to help with the project during what must be a very hectic season!

Michael
Thanks, Michael :) But fortunately it wasn't hectic at all – we were allowed to study at home since March due to the virus restrictions so I had plenty of time to both study and enjoy LibriVoxing :D
Kudrna
cabettison

Post by cabettison »

Thanks Kudrna,

I've made the changes, see here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_06_oneill_128kb.mp3

new length is 15:42

I had to record those couple of sentences anew - I hope the change isn't too jarring

Connie
Kudrna wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:20 am
cabettison wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:18 am Hi there,

Please find chapter six here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_06_oneill__128kb.mp3

Length: 15:41

Cheers,

Connie
Thanks for the nice recording, Connie; I really like your voice :)
I have just one PL note, regarding the word quixotic – 14:43, where the text says "in describing a person as quixotic" a t is missing and at 14:54 it appears again, pronounced a bit differently.
When you upload the amended version, please correct also the filename – it contains one more _ sign between oneill and 128kb.
Thanks!
cabettison

Post by cabettison »

Please find chapter 8 here ready for proof listening:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/storiesthatwordstellus_08_oneill_128kb.mp3

Length: 18:33

Thanks,

Connie
Kazbek wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:31 am
cabettison wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:19 am Am also happy to take section 8!
Thank you, Connie!

And we're ready to head over to Readers Found! :9:

Michael
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai