[CHILDREN]Puss in Boots, Jr. and Tom Thumb by David Cory-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
anasmed
Posts: 6
Joined: June 5th, 2020, 9:45 am

Post by anasmed » June 14th, 2020, 7:11 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 9:21 pm
anasmed wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm
Hi! Can I have sections 27, 29, and 30 please?
How would you like to be listed in the LV catalog?
You can choose your real name, a pseudonym or any nickname you wish.
This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.
My username anasmed works fine! thank you!

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 14th, 2020, 7:46 pm

linseyphillips wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Hello,
I would like to do section 27 if it's still up for grabs.

Thanks!
Sorry, there was a request for this that came in just before yours.

But, stay tuned for the next book in this series coming soon.
~Larry


silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 15th, 2020, 8:49 am

Thank you so much!
All in the MW Ready for PL
~Larry

Dtcastid
Posts: 38
Joined: June 1st, 2020, 1:14 pm

Post by Dtcastid » June 15th, 2020, 2:43 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 8:33 pm
Dtcastid wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 10:29 am
Hi Larry,
I'm getting caught up in the story. Can I claim chapters 21, 22, 23, and 24?
Thanks much,
Diane
Sure thing!
Thanks.
Hi Larry,
I just completed Chapters 21 Pumpkin House and 22 Disappointment:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_21_cory_128kb.mp3 @4:25

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_22_cory_128kb.mp3 @3:41

Thanks,
Diane

dylanmatthewd
Posts: 11
Joined: June 8th, 2020, 1:15 pm

Post by dylanmatthewd » June 15th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Here's Chapter 46 - A Good Guess

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_46_cory_128kb.mp3

Length: 2:59

Hope this is sufficient! Feedback appreciated :)

Crown2020
Posts: 4
Joined: June 10th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Post by Crown2020 » June 15th, 2020, 4:25 pm

I'd like to take on #29 The Moony Old Cat.
Jade Hill is the pseudonym I'd like to use.
Thanks!

mleigh
Posts: 101
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » June 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm

mleigh wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm
I am a complete newbie but am willing to take chapters 24-30 if you would like. (I am retired so my days are my own.) I haven't done the one minute test yet but the microphone is due to arrive later this week. Let me know.

M
I see I get the Moony old Cat. Thanks for holding it for me. I am working on it now. I would like to use my forum name - mleigh.

Thanks,

M

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm

mleigh wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
mleigh wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm
I am a complete newbie but am willing to take chapters 24-30 if you would like. (I am retired so my days are my own.) I haven't done the one minute test yet but the microphone is due to arrive later this week. Let me know.

M
I see I get the Moony old Cat. Thanks for holding it for me. I am working on it now. I would like to use my forum name - mleigh.

Thanks,

M
Oh, I hope you haven't got too far on it.
(It is always best to wait until you claim has been acknowledged and placed in the MW)
This is a case in point. I made a mistake in assigning a previous claim which was for 29, not 28.
So the only section left is Actually 28, so I'll put you in for that. Hope I didn't cause you too much inconvenience on this.

I will also mention that there is always a possibility that we will end up with some "orphan" sections -- ones that get claimed ans someone doesn't follow through. So stand by.
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 13959
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 15th, 2020, 8:47 pm

Crown2020 wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 4:25 pm
I'd like to take on #29 The Moony Old Cat.
Jade Hill is the pseudonym I'd like to use.
Thanks!
I'm sorry to say that there was a previous claim for this section that hadn't been put in the MW yet. So, we are actually now full for this book at the moment. But, I will be launching the next book in this series soon. So stand by.
~Larry

mleigh
Posts: 101
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » June 16th, 2020, 8:00 am

silverquill wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 8:45 pm
mleigh wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
mleigh wrote:
June 9th, 2020, 1:03 pm
I am a complete newbie but am willing to take chapters 24-30 if you would like. (I am retired so my days are my own.) I haven't done the one minute test yet but the microphone is due to arrive later this week. Let me know.

M
I see I get the Moony old Cat. Thanks for holding it for me. I am working on it now. I would like to use my forum name - mleigh.

Thanks,

M
Oh, I hope you haven't got too far on it.
(It is always best to wait until you claim has been acknowledged and placed in the MW)
This is a case in point. I made a mistake in assigning a previous claim which was for 29, not 28.
So the only section left is Actually 28, so I'll put you in for that. Hope I didn't cause you too much inconvenience on this.

I will also mention that there is always a possibility that we will end up with some "orphan" sections -- ones that get claimed ans someone doesn't follow through. So stand by.
No problem. 28 it is.

Clarkpvoice
Posts: 12
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Post by Clarkpvoice » June 16th, 2020, 9:01 am


Pianolil
Posts: 38
Joined: April 18th, 2020, 6:48 pm

Post by Pianolil » June 16th, 2020, 12:01 pm


lomond
Posts: 1761
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » June 16th, 2020, 5:03 pm

Clarkpvoice wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 9:01 am
Here are chapters 42-45

Chapter 42 - 3:18 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_42_cory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 43 - 3:23 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_43_cory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 44 - 2:39 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_44_cory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 45 - 2:59 https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrtomthumb_44_cory_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything more that needs to be done to the recordings :D
hope you enjoy
Greetings -

Noticed that the URL for Chapter 44 and for Chapter 45 are the same. Seems to be just a typo.

Lomond

lomond
Posts: 1761
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » June 16th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Greetings -

Welcome to Librivox, Pianolil. I must give you the standard warning that LibriVox can become an almost all-consuming habit, not that that is a bad thing at all.

I don't normally listen to things before they are put in the Magic Window, but I wanted to make sure I stayed caught up with this effort.

Both of your chapters were very well read and easy to listen to. Unfortunately, both of them have a volume level that is just over the limit of 92 db. I will leave it up to powers that be greater than me to decide what to do about that.

Is it my imagination that your pronunciation of "Tom Thumb" at the very beginning of Chapter 25 sounds more like "thump" than "thumb"?

Thanks, again, Pianolil for joining the LibriVox team.

Lomond

Post Reply